Gun shots outside Parliament: Police shoot assailant following car attack on Westminster Bridge

Stookie

Nurse bell end
It's shameful that we live in a time where people's first reaction to seeing someone in trouble is to get a camera phone out instead of seeing if they need help.

hobbers

The attacker and the police officer who were stabbed are both in a bad condition. Also reports of someone ending up in the Thames and at least one other seriously injured.

ChrisNelson

It's shameful that we live in a time where people's first reaction to seeing someone in trouble is to get a camera phone out instead of seeing if they need help.
Not all of the footage is like that. A lot of the time there's not a lot the people can do, and the Police are actively asking for as much footage as possible to aid the investigation so it can be helpful. It's not like they're stood over a dying person filming their last breaths rather than helping.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I wish MPs and Lords would stop tweeting about exactly what the police and security people are doing/where they're being taken etc. They're basically providing detailed intel on the security team's response plan in the event of an attack.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I wish MPs and Lords would stop tweeting about exactly what the police and security people are doing/where they're being taken etc. They're basically providing detailed intel on the security team's response plan in the event of an attack.
Yeah, that's fecking ridiculous

Untied

Yeah that's dumb. Have they not watched the first season of Homeland?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Tbh it's being documented by rolling TV news anyway.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
In fairness I think that dude in the video posted earlier was on the phone to the emergency services as he was filming?

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
BBC refers to a news agency which has reporters at St. Thomas hospital. A woman has died and others have suffered 'catastrophic injuries'.

May the woman RIP and the others survive and have speedy recoveries.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Sky News has just lost my interest for the day:

Presenter: "We are going to show you some sensitive images now. This is a serious incident, and we feel you need to see the reality of events."

One dead so far apparently but others with "catastrophic" injuries.
:(

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You read about it happening it in other places but it feels so surreal when it happens in a place you live and you have friends near by :(

Jippy

Staff
BBC refers to a news agency which has reporters at St. Thomas hospital. A woman has died and others have suffered 'catastrophic injuries'.

May the woman RIP and the others survive and have speedy recoveries.
Press Association seem to have spoken to a junior doctor.

Jippy

Staff
Not sure why news outlets need to use the term 'mowed down'. Just seems excessive and paints a vivid picture that you don't really need.
'Ran over' sounds singular to me, whereas 'mowed down' portrays multiple people being deliberately hit. And it's nice and short, so handy for headlines.

Mihai

You read about it happening it in other places but it feels so surreal when it happens in a place you live and you have friends near by :(
Yes, true. I've never seen this number of police and ambulances around.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
'Ran over' sounds singular to me, whereas 'mowed down' portrays multiple people being deliberately hit. And it's nice and short, so handy for headlines.
You can't really have a singular of 5 people ran down though or ran over. Mowed down just makes it seem video gamey and unnecessary. Like when you say somebody was butchered, it's unnecessary and just creates too vivid an image.