2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Very mature performance. He wasn't shy to get stuck in and didn't hold onto the ball for too long when getting closed down (unlike Eriksen this season). In my opinion he leapfrogs Eriksen and Mctominay in the pecking order now.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah - we know he can do much better than what he showed, but he was still one of the best on the pitch. Played with restraint is how I'd describe it, which is perhaps expected considering he was playing among senior players. The more he plays, the more comfortable he'll get
Indeed, the key is to earn trust, and after tonight, the manager probably won’t have a problem to put him in again. He’s established himself as part of the midfield rotation which is a first step.

Rustyspider13

This is how you take your chance. He should be in the first team mix. Gave everything for the team from minute 1 to 90. Wasn't just a workhorse either, showed glimpses of quality and composure. Hope he keeps getting opportunities and keeps taking them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Today, he played as a 10, with Casemiro and McTominay as the pivot.

If anything, he'll be competing with Mount when he's back, not McTominay.
I saw he played as a 10 today, I just don’t feel it’s the best use of him personally.

Postandfound

I’m a big believer, although I do think he could have used the ball better on a few occasions. Would like to see him a little deeper.
Agreed.

There were a few moments where he played the ball forward from deeper which were lovely passes, but other times he received the ball on the turn higher up and didn't utilise it well.

Hannibal's energy and physicality will still be valuable deeper on the pitch, but his vision and passing would be welcome upgrades on McTominay (who was abysmal in the first half).

philippexyz

Of all our midfielders in this match, he was the one who was by far the most comfortable with the ball at his feet, and his work rate is also impressive. If it wasn't for Bruno's goal(and I'm one of Bruno's criticizers), I would say that he was our best midfielder today. Towards the end there was one beautiful pass to Rashford on the counter where Rashford had 1v1 and opportunity to score.

He deserves more playtime, definitely. Pretty decent and promising performance. Looked unfazed by the occasion, first start in an away PL match for Man United.

When Mainoo and Mount return and Amrabat settles, I expect McTominay(especially) and Eriksen to be our 7th and 8th choice midfielders. Eriksen doesn't have the legs to play at this level anymore. Hannibal should be 6th choice at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: sizzling sausages

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought he looked solid. Did the basics well which unfortunately is more than can be said for others. No real quality there though from what I can see.

next_number_seven

Thought he looked solid. Did the basics well which unfortunately is more than can be said for others. No real quality there though from what I can see.
He's definitely PL quality. Good technically and great engine. Seems to cover a lot of ground.
Difficult to know if he's a potential first team player for us or a squad player.
I prefer him to McTominay and Fred at least, although I've a soft spot for Fred.

youngrell

A good all round performance and very promising. One thing I liked was his harrying opponents who had gotten through the midfield, did enough to slow them down or knock them out of stride without conceding a foul. Too often opponents get through without any hassle.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
And so I can only comment on what I saw tonight, yet countless people are saying play him instead of McTominay. Makes no sense!
It makes perfect sense when you consider that we are not commenting only on where he played tonight. I mean, why would anyone want a player to play a certain position exclusively based on where he played his last game, as opposed to his entire career? It’s like saying Bruno is a RW because he played there tonight.

OmarUnited4ever

Very good today especially 2nd half, with time and proper minutes in games, he'll settle nicely as a solid squad option and maybe get to start a lot more in the coming weeks/months

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Today, he played as a 10, with Casemiro and McTominay as the pivot.

If anything, he'll be competing with Mount when he's back, not McTominay.
He's capable of playing both. So far ETH has only played him in more attacking positions in competitive fixtures, but I think most people who have watched him quite a lot think his long-term future should probably be as an #8. From memory his best performances in preseason were in the deeper role.

siw2007

Good game tonight. Didn’t look out of place at all, I think he’s played his way into first team contention.

The Hilton

Great engine a bit erratic but was a really positive performance.
This is it in a nutshell, made a few mistakes on the ball, had one chance to put one of the forwards through and delayed too long, but other than that he was really good. The energy he brought to the midfield was vital, he had a few really important interventions on the edge of our box, and played some good stuff most of the time too.

NZT-One

Happy he got minutes and played alright. Don't think there was too much to be excited about but afaik there weren't any shockers and he usually handled the ball well. Hopefully he will be played on a regular basis. His mobility is definitely needed.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Was decent tonight. Looked like he’s been playing in the first team for ages. Only 20 years old and showing up the likes of Rashford. First game I’ve seen him not booked aswell.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why has it taken this long to get any game time? Took the whole squad getting injured to get a game, madness.

Looked good and will only get better. He runs around non-stop, that puts him above most of the squad already

Kopral Jono

A Jisung-like tenacious performance from him and tidy on the ball to boot. Voted him as my man of the match.

luke511

Great game, hopefully this is now him replacing Eriksen as the preferred 8 between the two.

OmarUnited4ever

I’m a big believer, although I do think he could have used the ball better on a few occasions. Would like to see him a little deeper.
I actually liked him being up there behind Hojlund, he pressed intensly and made some good decisions in passing quickly, I am sure he can also do well deeper but I like him up there as well

Someone

Something
Good game. He has some nice passes in him and can be a threat. I'd try him as an 8 against Palace.

Kind of erratic but full of energy. Loved his pass at the end shame it was to Rashford.

BehemothTerror

Did well though at times lost possession too easily. The Rashford through ball though was class.