2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Esquire

That outside of the foot pass he made with so much ease?!? Absolute beauty and a demonstration of talent that some of our senior midfielder can only dream off. Credit to ETH for giving him a chance.
Agree with you. He’s earned his next start, he can’t be worse than very geriatric looking Casemiro right now,

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I was most pleased about his discipline. No running battles or silly challenges. Really composed and professional performance. Great to see.
He definitely seems to have matured. I think he’ll get game time going forward because he can be trusted to do his defensive job. He could be elite OOP with time - has such tremendous energy - and we know he’s good technically.

Rauður Djöfull

Very promising performance
Played some great passes especially second half and got involved, noticed him way more than McTominay so hope he gets more chances

Crimson King

The thing is, he can't replace Casemiro, but if he comes good, the Mount transfer will look even less reasonable.
There's nothing wrong with having two energetic box to box midfielders, who can also do a job out wide, in the squad.

Let's not completely write off Mount when he's only played two games. Hannibal was great last night but he still has a way to go to show he'll be a better player at this point.

Kostov

There's nothing wrong with having two energetic box to box midfielders, who can also do a job out wide, in the squad.

Let's not completely write off Mount when he's only played two games. Hannibal was great last night but he still has a way to go to show he'll be a better player at this point.
Yes I agree, but it's not like we don't have other needs and priorities should be set wisely. I hope Mount comes good, but even more so I hope Mejbri is given a run of games and comes good in the long term.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Watch him put in a string of MOTM performances and then us give him a massive silly contract before Christmas.

Crimson King

Agree with you. He’s earned his next start, he can’t be worse than very geriatric looking Casemiro right now,
A weird post because Casemiro put in one of his better performances and made some big tackles. He was important last night, because McT was practically invisible.

philippexyz

If you have a look at my posting history you'd see I'm quite a fan of Mejbri. In fact imo he's probably the only of our youngsters who might make it here.

However one decent game and saying he should be the core of our midfield for the future is simply insane. Replacing Bruno/Casemiro with Amrabat/Mount/Mainoo is even crazier. We haven't seen a fecking thing with Amrabat/Mainoo yet to even start thinking about that.

Mejbri had a decent/good game yesterday but imo he still lacks a bit of finesse and his decision making still needs to be much better especially in the most critical moments in order to be a starter. But surely ETH should play him more instead of McT and probably even Eriksen. McT is crap and he doesn't even care. Eriksen is still class but he could not run back and forth for more than 45' anymore. Would be really nice to see if Mejbri would make a challenge for a starting slot against Mount. We have a lot of games so might find a place for both though.
OK, maybe I was a bit crazy suggesting that(I mentioned it as controversial already). By the way, Ten Hag rates Mainoo higher than Hannibal(also 2 years younger, only 18 now), he was impressive against Arsenal in pre season(might not mean much, but still). I also think that you're maybe underestimating Amrabat and what he can do, but we shall see that.

Definitely think that we need to slowly get rid of older players with poor ball retention(Bruno, Casemiro, Eriksen, McTominay) and go in the other direction with younger, energetic midfielders who are comfortable with the ball at their feet, and are not scared of it like it's lava/poisoned. We struggle to keep possession and control games and that has to change if we want to truly be an elite side, someday and compete with the rest of them(City, Bayern, Liverpool, Arsenal, Brighton :), Real Madrid, Barcelona...). We can't allow fecking Burnley(last in the PL table) to dominate possession against us, that's humiliating for a club as supposedly "big" as Manchester United. That midfield performance(Bruno, Eriksen, Casemiro, McTominay) against Bayern(especially in the second half) makes me want to vomit.

Should've also brought someone like Nunes, Kone, Khephren Thuram, Gravenberch(FDJ type of players, ball carriers) in the summer to help fixing that issue, but alas...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ten Hag named dropped Mejbri twice in the post match presser as one of the players who carried out the instructions well and was focused on getting back into shape after the team post the ball. I think he is now in the trusted books to start again.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
You mean the "geriatric-looking" DMF who scored two goals against Bayern away?

Ok...

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Watch him put in a string of MOTM performances and then us give him a massive silly contract before Christmas.
It's more likely that we sell him for pennies like we seem to do often with our young players

Strelok

More like he'd have some bad games and half the caf wants to get rid. The biggest issue with young players is consistency. Won't surprise me if he'd look like crap next match.

mintyred

He's clearly not that talented of a player, but he works hard and has a lot of passion. Passion and desire to play for the shirt is what we need in the short term, in the long term he's a squad player.

WakeAndBeek

He has fantastic energy and solid technique and decision making, I think we have a habit of overrating, and then crucifying our youth prospects, but this guy looks like one who could live up to the hype. Loved his performance, especially that pass.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just a shame that talented players like him have to be … forced … into the team. During a crisis.
He’s 20. Teenagers breaking it into a top 4 PL teams starting 11 is very rare.

On Mjebri, I can’t tell if he’ll make it here as it’s way too early. He seems to have a fair bit to do when it comes to getting into the take and making himself available for a pass. But what I like is his off the ball output - having a set of midfielders who are effective in pressurising teams and winning the ball back is essential in the modern game.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Thought he was pretty anonymous for the first hour but feck me he was everywhere after that. Fantastic performance and just oozes class.
I only saw first half, but from what I remember, he got in some decent challenges around our box, enabling us to win the ball back, he made several good forward runs, and played a few, sensible, forward passes. A couple of passes went astray, and a few times he made good runs into space, but nobody seemed to pass to him, perhaps they started to trust him more second half.
He will only improve with playing more matches.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Timing is unfortunate for Mejbri. He has a good sub cameo and a good PL debut around the same time that Mason Mount starts to return to the squad. Very hard to see Mount, Fernandes, and Mejbri in the same side.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Thought he faded past the 70 min mark.
To be expected. He was pressing for multiple players at times. Ran his socks off. If all eleven players had his attitude, we’d be a much better team.

Trex

United would always give a promising youth a chance, players like Chong, Perriera, Scott, Elanga got opportunities. He's arguably more highly rated so it was just a matter of patience. I'll like to see Kobe and Amad involved as well when they're back. Style wise they can be key to united finally playing the game the way fans will be pleased.

Trex

Timing is unfortunate for Mejbri. He has a good sub cameo and a good PL debut around the same time that Mason Mount starts to return to the squad. Very hard to see Mount, Fernandes, and Mejbri in the same side.
Very possible when you consider Scott is starting.

Adamsk7

Thought he was really good. What makes me excited by him is that we know from the reserves he has loads of ability and technique. We aren’t seeing that really at the moment because like a lot of young players that aren’t like Rooney level, the first thing that gets them in the team is their hard work and ability to listen to the managers instructions. When he pairs that with his talent consistently he’ll be some player

izec

One of Bruno or Mount will play on the wing. Think Mount should be on the bench, but the manager will play him a lot this season.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
That outside of the foot pass he made with so much ease?!? Absolute beauty and a demonstration of talent that some of our senior midfielder can only dream off. Credit to ETH for giving him a chance.

Well the club did pay 10m for him. We shouldn't be paying 10m+ for youth players to not give them a chance.

Borninthe80ts

I’ve yet to watch the game but the talk of the outside of the foot pass has me thinking about Veron. I know some people will tune out and think I’m overrating him, but some of the passes I’ve seen Hannibal play as a youth player has me drawing similarities.

Seba was technically gifted and was at his best roaming in midfield and I think Hannibal can impact the game like this too. They are both effective around the edge of the box, passing and moving and both can shoot from distance. The one asset that Mejbri does have that will help in this league is his ability to run and press. Veron was strong but the intensity of the premier league did him in.

Who knows if he will reach those levels but he has the talent to aim that high for me.

He's clearly not that talented of a player, but he works hard and has a lot of passion. Passion and desire to play for the shirt is what we need in the short term, in the long term he's a squad player.
Completely disagree. I think he’s one of the most talented players in the squad.

Brightonian

I was most pleased about his discipline. No running battles or silly challenges. Really composed and professional performance. Great to see.
Yep this. A really grown-up performance, I'm not surprised Ten Hag was pleased with him.

I've never been convinced he's quite got what it takes to stick with us, but if this was his first big hurdle he's cleared it comfortably.

OrcaFat

Yes I agree, but it's not like we don't have other needs and priorities should be set wisely. I hope Mount comes good, but even more so I hope Mejbri is given a run of games and comes good in the long term.
The bottom line is that Hannibal has proved he can hold his own on the first team and when Mount comes back he will have Hannibal snapping at his heals. There is genuine competition in that part of the pitch now.

I’m not sure Hannibal will necessarily get a run of games but it looks to me like he’s going to be able to earn plenty of minutes and will be able to continue his development here.

I’m a huge fan of Hannibal and, biased as I am, I think the quality he’s shown has been the best thing to come out of our first six games.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
The outside pass to Rashford was a beauty.

The_Midfielder

I think he was an insane talent in the reserves

redcucumber

:houllier: he's a hell of a lot more than just a passion merchant. His possession retention stands out, and he's playing with some massive name players in Casemiro, Eriksen, and Bruno (and Mount).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Very possible when you consider Scott is starting.
I would like to see it — but I don’t think Hag envisages Mejbri as a player capable of player deeper. In preseason he was mostly used in attack, and last night he played no.10.

Trex

I would like to see it — but I don’t think Hag envisages Mejbri as a player capable of player deeper. In preseason he was mostly used in attack, and last night he played no.10.
But we know ETH prefers two offensive players in midfield. He's being cautious now but he'll return to it surely. Mejbri wouldn't always start but his presence will keep the likes of Mount and Eriksen accountable.

Crimson King

I don't think it's that unlikely if one of them needs to play RW.

mintyred

Completely disagree. I think he’s one of the most talented players in the squad.
I've watched him quite a bit over the years, internationally too. He's a good player but he's not special and there is nothing wrong with that. He's a good player to have in the squad because he can play a role and he'll give 100%.

dubplate warrior

An alternative view would be that he’s not polished enough on the ball to play as a 10. I know football is ever evolving, but I don’t see the 10 role as a role for grafting, especially at a club of our level. That’s where I want to see our most silk and finesse.
I hear you, but one bad ball from deep and you're in trouble on the transition. We want to play a high press and this kind of suits a player like Mejbri imo.

mintyred

:houllier: he's a hell of a lot more than just a passion merchant. His possession retention stands out, and he's playing with some massive name players in Casemiro, Eriksen, and Bruno (and Mount).
He does the basics well, he doesn't really excel at anything. I'm not saying he's a passion merchant but if he didn't have it he wouldn't have been in the starting 11 today let's be real. Ten Hag is looking for players to run and play for the badge.

OrcaFat

In the long term Hannibal can play anywhere in the midfield but for now he’s much more likely to get selected in the high 8 or no10 position especially now we have Amrabat.

He’s going to be used sparingly at first imo, with Mount coming back, but he’s shown he’s a good option for sub appearances and, as others have said, he’ll definitely keep Mount on his toes. Bruno might actually get a rest from time to time without the team looking incomplete.

mintyred

I think he was an insane talent in the reserves
Very different than playing first-team football. Lots of players that are great in the reserves go no further than lower-league football, but I don't think that will be the case with Hannibal because he has a good mentality.