2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Velvet Revolver

No. Fans are demanding for a manager to be sacked the moment the team starts losing. The media puts huge pressure on the manager. A manager isnt going to play and allow a youngster to make those mistakes. A manager just cant afford to do that.

It also why i think the posts saying that our scouts are the worst are so dumb. Manchester United cant develop young players in a way other clubs can do. Make a mistake as a Dortmund or Brighton player and by next game everyone forgot about it. Make a mistake as a Manchester United player and you become a meme

Same with pressure from the fans. Hannibal is written off by some fans already. And why? Because he doesnt look like a world class talent in this current dysfunctional team. There is no patience for players to develop like how Arsenal and Arteta did.
Spot on and that's been an issue since a while now. Young players are expected to do more. Everyone expects players to be like how Rashford came onto screen i.e be match winners. There is no scope for errors or tolerance for players to grow.

Sylar

He reminded me of a player who had a run of good games, then didnt see game time for a long time, and then when put in back, was very enthusiastic and wanted to try and impress but over did it.
We probably dont see him for a while now (even though his energy as a whole is good)

Onerealunited

I really don’t understand the hate towards him. He is 20 for feck sake and the few games he has played he has done way better than his more experienced colleagues in midfield. Give him time and lots of minutes to develop his play. It’s in no ones interest to play him every second month

GueRed

For a player who doesnt have one outstanding technical quality he has been ridiculously overhyped.

He is a decent talent though. If he can sort out is temperament he will have a great career..

I love his energy and desire. Remember he did a good job for the team away at Burnley a few weeks ago where he ran around off the ball pressing like a madman

city-puma

For a player who doesnt have one outstanding technical quality he has been ridiculously overhyped.

He is a decent talent though. If he can sort out is temperament he will have a great career..

I love his energy and desire. Remember he did a good job for the team away at Burnley a few weeks ago where he ran around off the ball pressing like a madman
It’s the worst way to use him, imo. I started feeling he should move to another team to play deeper with license to roam forward.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Temperament is the other side of the energy coin

OrcaFat

It’s the worst way to use him, imo. I started feeling he should move to another team to play deeper with license to roam forward.
I’d like to see him play like that for us. He could be groomed for an FDJ type role - he has the ability but he seems to be obsessed with proving he has a great work rate. Whatever he does, though, he contributes a lot, imo.

He always seems like he could get booked at any moment but it’s probably not as bad as it looks. I think he should be playing a lot more for us. We look better with him on the pitch imo.

BlahRules

I’d like to see him play like that for us. He could be groomed for an FDJ type role - he has the ability but he seems to be obsessed with proving he has a great work rate. Whatever he does, though, he contributes a lot, imo.

He always seems like he could get booked at any moment but it’s probably not as bad as it looks. I think he should be playing a lot more for us. We look better with him on the pitch imo.
Mejbri is not good enough. I see him as another Pereira and we need to sell him to another EPL for 20 million before people don't rate him anymore.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Mejbri is not good enough. I see him as another Pereira and we need to sell him to another EPL for 20 million before people don't rate him anymore.
You must be some super scout/coach and oracle combined.

He's 20y.o and yet you can see his future.

We are so lucky to have you here

BlahRules

Bloody hell.

You must be some super scout/coach and oracle combined.

He's 20y.o and yet you can see his future.

We are so lucky to have you here
What's the best attribute that will enable him to be the midfielder that will be a success? Apart from being a headless chicken which gets confused with being an energetic midfielder, I cannot see anything more. Even Rangnick dropped him and ETH will sell him soon.

gajender

What's the best attribute that will enable him to be the midfielder that will be a success? Apart from being a headless chicken which gets confused with being an energetic midfielder, I cannot see anything more. Even Rangnick dropped him and ETH will sell him soon.
No Idea whether he will be good enough or not in the long run but chances are he will Outlast Ten Hag here .

Son

He was a teenager under Rangnick. Why would he be playing as a kid.

I think the guy has talent personally he has all of the tools needed to become a Rabiot type of level which is pretty impressive.

He’s not gonna put on a passing masterclass but that isn’t his game.

Grande

Seeing Garnacho, Mainoo, Pellistri and Mejbri in a 3-0 win away to Everton, made me think about how Ten Hag actually do give young players quite a bit of a break all in all.

jeepers

Seeing Garnacho, Mainoo, Pellistri and Mejbri in a 3-0 win away to Everton, made me think about how Ten Hag actually do give young players quite a bit of a break all in all.
When your first team players and purchases (and injuries) don’t really give you any other choices..

But hopefully he does continue to play the youngsters.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
When your first team players and purchases (and injuries) don’t really give you any other choices..

I doubt we get Amrabat on loan if Mainoo didn't get his injury.

In Rainbows

He was a teenager under Rangnick. Why would he be playing as a kid.

I think the guy has talent personally he has all of the tools needed to become a Rabiot type of level which is pretty impressive.

He’s not gonna put on a passing masterclass but that isn’t his game.
Is he even going to get a chance to play the Rabiot role? He seems to get stuck in attacking positions that he had to learn. As a young player, you're in no position to say "no" to any chance so they will always roll out the "I can play anywhere the manager wants" line.

OrcaFat

Surely that’s the main way that young players get their chances. I’m not in favour of playing them if there are fit, in form, experienced players doing the business. You bring in the kids bit by bit when an injury or poor form affects one or two players. Been plenty of that this year. I hope these kids can keep showing that they deserve to be played more often.

Hannibal is my favourite of the younger crop but he needs more minutes to develop. He’s reckless but I’d be starting him every other match.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Surely that’s the main way that young players get their chances. I’m not in favour of playing them if there are fit, in form, experienced players doing the business. You bring in the kids bit by bit when an injury or poor form affects one or two players. Been plenty of that this year. I hope these kids can keep showing that they deserve to be played more often.

Hannibal is my favourite of the younger crop but he needs more minutes to develop. He’s reckless but I’d be starting him every other match.
This is part of the reason he's not getting as many starts as perhaps he should, he's pretty fortunate to not have at least a couple of red cards this season, United aren't good enough to be able to absorb that, until he can show in his substitute outings that he can curb himself I suspect he's not going to start very often if at all

OrcaFat

This is part of the reason he's not getting as many starts as perhaps he should, he's pretty fortunate to not have at least a couple of red cards this season, United aren't good enough to be able to absorb that, until he can show in his substitute outings that he can curb himself I suspect he's not going to start very often if at all
True. I’d start him though. We’re fecked anyway.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
True. I’d start him though. We’re fecked anyway.
But we're not fecked yet, we have just brought Mainoo in an he showed more in 1 match that Hannobal has so far, Hannibal starts against Gala and he'll be off before half time on previous showings

Mwooyo

We haven't seen the real Hannibal and I don't know if we will. Hannibal is not this workhorse, run-around-a-lot kind of player that he has made his name on in the first team. He has technique, passing, and ball carrying of elite levels. He is closer to Bruno stylistically than a Mctominay or a Fred. I think he realized the only way he will get the opportunity to play is if he has this huge work rate thingy but he should be careful not to lose himself in it...he needs to bite the bullet and showcase the other more elite aspects of his game. I actually think that is the difference between Hannibal and mainoo...mainoo seems to have the confidence on the ball to actually do the other stuff most people don't expect him to be good at ie vision or carrying. I still believe we will see a midfield of Mainoo, Hannibal, and bruno someday

city-puma

We haven't seen the real Hannibal and I don't know if we will. Hannibal is not this workhorse, run-around-a-lot kind of player that he has made his name on in the first team. He has technique, passing, and ball carrying of elite levels. He is closer to Bruno stylistically than a Mctominay or a Fred. I think he realized the only way he will get the opportunity to play is if he has this huge work rate thingy but he should be careful not to lose himself in it...he needs to bite the bullet and showcase the other more elite aspects of his game. I actually think that is the difference between Hannibal and mainoo...mainoo seems to have the confidence on the ball to actually do the other stuff most people don't expect him to be good at ie vision or carrying. I still believe we will see a midfield of Mainoo, Hannibal, and bruno someday
Agree. When he gets the chance, he needs to calm down a little bit and tries to get into the game more. The way he plays and/or being asked to play is not his natural game at all. He needs to find a way and find it quickly.

OrcaFat

But we're not fecked yet, we have just brought Mainoo in an he showed more in 1 match that Hannobal has so far, Hannibal starts against Gala and he'll be off before half time on previous showings
Jeez. Play them both. I know Hannibal is not trusted but I really prefer to see him starting games so he can get through this rashness. He can learn how to play with the same intensity only with less risk but he has to play his way there.

Possibly I wouldn’t play him right now in a must-win game, I concede.

It’s easy for me to say because it’s not my balls in the vice but I would back Hannibal and take more risks with selection generally.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I so want this kid to deliver like he can, but his emotional/temperament state seems to be a barrier that he mightn't have enough time left here to overcome. The overwhelming feeling is that the manager doesn't trust him. I don't think it comes down to ability so much as the predictability in the way he's playing in terms of the risks taken in the tackle and the persistence even when on thin ice.

As others have said, he needs to be played through that and all the labours of a young player absolutely desperate to make his mark and impress the manager. If they were dogs, Kobbie is the sage-like Alsatian - calm, collected and stoic well before age suggests he should be. On the other hand... Hannibal is the wild, excitable springer spaniel puppy tearing around at 100mph with energy to burn but little in the way of self-awareness and self-control. One is dependable and offers assurance that they will stick doggedly to what ever brief they're given, whilst the other is possibly likely to hare off and cause themselves a mishap for their over exuberance.

Hannibal seems to have worked this lane for himself because it isn't his natural game. Having said that, it doesn't seem like he'll get a sniff playing his natural game as ten Hag immediately put him too far forward in midfield when he arrived at the club, which is not where he made his mark in the unders.

I don't think we'll see Mainoo and Mejbri start together in this run of games because the stakes are too high and the level of opponent too good, but I do hope they get enough time together in midfield for an impression of how they gel and perform to be apparent. In terms of fast exchanges and positional interchange, these two are the most seamless we have in deeper midfield, which is that Ajax-esque football we have supposedly been warded off playing because of personnel, so...

In Rainbows

It doesn't help Hannibal in that he's being asked to play the more attacking positions, which obviously feels more challenging to him right now. When you look into it, it becomes obvious that Hannibal plays differently depending on the position he plays in. In a deeper position, he gravitates towards the ball more and looks to distribute. In more attacking areas, he tries to make runs away from the ball, hoping a teammate finds him. Maybe that taxes his stamina, and his technique suffers.

flameinthesun

I just don't think he has the overall ability to make it at United. To me the likes of Andreas, Gomes, Januzaj were all better players than him and they didn't make it here. Not saying he couldn't be a prem player but I don't think he'll be a United player in the long term.

kidbob

VDB on the bench over him says it all. Not loaning him out is a fecking disgrace of a decision. Just let the lad leave and build a career elsewhere. Wouldn't be surprised if we hold onto him just long enough to ruin his chances of a good career at a high level.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
VDB on the bench over him says it all. Not loaning him out is a fecking disgrace of a decision. Just let the lad leave and build a career elsewhere. Wouldn't be surprised if we hold onto him just long enough to ruin his chances of a good career at a high level.
I think you’re being melodramatic. There’s nothing wrong with keeping him at the club as a squad player while we think there might be a use for him. From his perspective that’s the risk you have to take if you want to try and break through at a big club. His career won’t be ruined any more than Elanga or Garner (who was great today) have had their career ruined by trying to break into the United team at the same age Hannibal is now.

kidbob

I think you’re being melodramatic. There’s nothing wrong with keeping him at the club as a squad player while we think there might be a use for him. From his perspective that’s the risk you have to take if you want to try and break through at a big club. His career won’t be ruined any more than Elanga or Garner (who was great today) have had their career ruined by trying to break into the United team at the same age Hannibal is now.
Yeah but surely keeping him means he warrants a place in the squad over DVB? If he was behind McTominay, Amrabat or Cas I wouldn't be saying this but surely it's a kick in the teeth that he is apparently behind a player that no one sees a future for, especially in a big game like this. What message is that sending to the kid?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah but surely keeping him means he warrants a place in the squad over DVB? If he was behind McTominay, Amrabat or Cas I wouldn't be saying this but surely it's a kick in the teeth that he is apparently behind a player that no one sees a future for, especially in a big game like this. What message is that sending to the kid?
Maybe VdB has been training really well all week and Hannibal’s been shite?

To be fair to VdB he actually played well in pre-season. Scored a great goal. Hannibal has been poor the last couple of times he got minutes.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Work harder?

mu4c_20le

He doesn't trust kids, and I am certain that Hannibal will never thrive under him.

kidbob

Work harder?
For all you can accuse Hannibal of I'm not sure hard work is one of them. DVB is a literal non entity and will hopefully be gone soon so why is a youth player behind a guy who has no future at the club.

NZT-One

No way Scott should be playing ahead of this guy.
Amen. It boils my blood seeing this guy stealing minutes. If results or performances would improve as a payoff, I'd still be aggrevated but would be quiet. Like this it is terrible. I really hope, he goes on loan in January. No point staying with us when he isn't getting gametime anyway.