Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Kane wants that PL record he isn’t going abroad.

Why are you so against signing Kane? Out of interest? £100M outlay on a 30yr old who could win you a UCL or a PL or two
Bayern I could maybe understand because it's a less prestigious league but surely to god he wouldn't turn down a side like Madrid or Barca for the sake of that PL record? That would be pretty hideous career priorities.

OrcaFat

I think he's simply suggesting another one of our attackers will need to start chipping in with the goals personally.
I think he’s saying we’d like someone at the club to step up but we probably will sign a forward with proven pedigree. And he’s not giving anything away there.

crossy1686

career ending
To be fair how are Kane and Rice not long term targets? What’s obvious about Mount? Seemed like a shock to everyone here when he was linked
Players who are running their contracts down and have a year or two left and intend to leave. It's like picking up at closing time when the lights come on.

cyberman

Players who are running their contracts down and have a year or two left and intend to leave. It's like picking up at closing time when the lights come on.
It looks as if we’ve been trying to sign these players for years before their contracts ran down?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Kane is way too old to spend 100 million on. That madness. Type of thing woodward would do.

crossy1686

career ending
Kane wants that PL record he isn’t going abroad.

Why are you so against signing Kane? Out of interest? £100M outlay on a 30yr old who could win you a UCL or a PL or two
We're not in a position where Kane completes the puzzle. We're in a position where we need 4 quality players in various positions before we even begin to think about closing that gap on the top teams in the PL and Europe.

We sign Kane at that age and we're basically saying we fix one area for the next 2 seasons and blow most of our budget in one go, and yet we still haven't addressed the 2 x midfield hole, the RB, CB and GK issue.

But there's always next summer right? Wrong, Varane another year older, more knee issues, Casemiro another year older, Kane another year older, you get the picture. All of a sudden 3 seasons later we're back to needing a new defence and a new forward line all over again, and we're still wasting our entire budget on one 'good' player a summer and patching the rest together with whatever's available on a free.

Kane would be great if this was Fergie's last season but it's not, we need probably about 4 players who are willing to come in and work their arse off to prove they belong here. Then we can sign Kane next summer.

crossy1686

career ending
It looks as if we’ve been trying to sign these players for years before their contracts ran down?
If they were good enough and we were genuinely interested then we would have instead of wasting time with players like Pogba, Di Maria and Lukaku, it's not like we didn't have the money.

Cloud7

I don’t really understand why people are saying he wouldn’t push for a move? He was pushing to move to City last season but Levy wouldn’t let him. He even went on strike to avoid training for Spurs in preseason to try and make the move happen if I recall correctly
To be completely fair pushing to join City and pushing to join United are right now two very different things. City are as close as one can get to a sure bet for a league title in English football right now, whereas it's not the same for us or any of the other big teams in England right now, so pushing for a move to another team might not be as worth it to him?

cyberman

If they were good enough and we were genuinely interested then we would have instead of wasting time with players like Pogba, Di Maria and Lukaku, it's not like we didn't have the money.
Yeah but the clubs wouldn’t let them go. Levy won’t even let Lane go now for 100m
The recruitment deserves Criticism but going after long term targets is what this club should be doing.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah but the clubs wouldn’t let them go. Levy won’t even let Lane go now for 100m
The recruitment deserves Criticism but going after long term targets is what this club should be doing.
I'm not suggesting you're wrong or anything, that could be the actual situation, but from the last 10 years of these clowns fecking up every summer I have PTSD.

Wilt

There comes a time when enough Is enough. Spurs have nothing to offer Kane.

Kane‘s current saleable value (circa £80m) plus wages would make him the most expensive player in Prem history if Levy refused to sell.

Levy is a business man…. he’ll sell.

OrcaFat

There comes a time when enough Is enough. Spurs have nothing to offer Kane.

Kane‘s current saleable value (circa £80m) plus wages would make him the most expensive player in Prem history if Levy refused to sell.

Levy is a business man…. he’ll sell.
Yeah. If Kane confirms to Levy that he’s definitely not going to sign a new contract then he will be sold to the highest bidder as long as it’s over about £50m. I assume at least two clubs would be interested and, yeah, I could see it being bid up to £80m, give or take a few mil.

Abraxas

Yeah. If Kane confirms to Levy that he’s definitely not going to sign a new contract then he will be sold to the highest bidder as long as it’s over about £50m. I assume at least two clubs would be interested and, yeah, I could see it being bid up to £80m, give or take a few mil.
I don't think the reasoning that he's a businessman as stated in that post means it follows that he'll sell at anything over 50 million.

That sounds too indeterminate for me. I don't think Levy is going to be that passive that it's £50 million and then reliant on a bidding war to achieve more. Generally he has operated with a notion of a certain figure he wants to get for players, as seen when he negotiated Kane's potential departure to City. That's probably not going to start at 50. A little too optimistic.

Rolaholic

Top Madrid source tbf...

wr8_utd

:'(
I don't think negotiations with Spurs would be difficult for Madrid. Spurs have sold to them in the past and Levy would happily accept lesser money from abroad (if he does sell) rather than sell to Premier League clubs. Kane needs to decide if he values trophies more or individual records in the PL.

Rolaholic

Don’t see Kane wanting to go to Real and neither do the bookies. Utd evens favourite to sign Kane.
Think Levy would sell abroad to Real or Bayern 100x out of 100 before us though if pushed for a move.

If he cares to win trophies in his career, there's probably no better place outside of City than Real in Europe for that and replacing Benzema would make him the main man immediately.

mancsarered

Perfect out for Levy. If Kane wont sign a new contract, this is the perfect way for Spurs to save face. Selling him to United and watching him win trophies would be professional suicide for Levy.

Wilt

Think Levy would sell abroad to Real or Bayern 100x out of 100 before us though if pushed for a move.

If he cares to win trophies in his career, there's probably no better place outside of City than Real in Europe for that and replacing Benzema would make him the main man immediately.
Levy will obviously want to sell abroad but reckon Kane would rather go on a free than go to Real. Kane‘s choice.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Levy will obviously want to sell abroad but reckon Kane would rather go on a free than go to Real. Kane‘s choice.
Yep, don't see Kane going abroad, he wants that PL record and he has a young family

Stig

We're not in a position where Kane completes the puzzle. We're in a position where we need 4 quality players in various positions before we even begin to think about closing that gap on the top teams in the PL and Europe.

We sign Kane at that age and we're basically saying we fix one area for the next 2 seasons and blow most of our budget in one go, and yet we still haven't addressed the 2 x midfield hole, the RB, CB and GK issue.

But there's always next summer right? Wrong, Varane another year older, more knee issues, Casemiro another year older, Kane another year older, you get the picture. All of a sudden 3 seasons later we're back to needing a new defence and a new forward line all over again, and we're still wasting our entire budget on one 'good' player a summer and patching the rest together with whatever's available on a free.

Kane would be great if this was Fergie's last season but it's not, we need probably about 4 players who are willing to come in and work their arse off to prove they belong here. Then we can sign Kane next summer.
Good post.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
This going to dominate the summer I can feel it.
Not for United, I would hope they've learned their lesson with Levy, if he fecks around move on, the striker acquisition is too important to leave to the last minute as is Levy's wont

Wilt

Yep, don't see Kane going abroad, he wants that PL record and he has a young family
Good point about Kane’s family. Can imagine him at Utd, though a bit concerned Poch/Chelsea may make a bid.

Tarrou

there aren't any obvious ways to get a good striker solution for a whole lot cheaper than Kane though

who is a solid option for say 50m?

croadyman

Yeah he will do absolutely everything in his power to make sure that Kane doesn't end up here. Despite the lure of Shearer's record he will find it hard turning down Real for us

croadyman

These reports make me think only Kane pushing for the move can make it happen,then again he did that with City and still ended up staying.

SAF is the GOAT

Imagine a dream scenario where we bring Osimhen/Ramos/another striker and bring Kane for free in 2 years(if he decides to remain at spurs)

gajender

Imagine a dream scenario where we bring Osimhen/Ramos/another striker and bring Kane for free in 2 years(if he decides to remain at spurs)
We don't have to wait 2 years to get Kane he would be available on free next year .

But if we spend big on striker this summer then I believe we shouldn't be pursuing Kane nex year unless our New Signing completely bombs .

Seij

When Madrid come calling, everyone goes.

As long as the fax machine works.
This is true for 99/100 cases, but I'm pretty sure Kane is the 1/100. Remember he swore on his daughter's life to take Eriksen's goal for himself? The dude is not leaving England until he gets that goalscoring record even if that means he goes trophyless.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I can see Levy selling to Real, no problem. If Kane doesn't want to go there to replace Benzema, he'd be absolutely mad. It would benefit English national team football massively as well.