Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RooneyLegend

Stupid post, you want us to go back to smalling/jones/Lindelof defence, I wish we could give the first 2 away forever. Jones is everything that is wrong this club which isn’t a new thing to point out.

Just crawled back from a boozer and talking to young reds, they are ready for a relegation battle
Well, we'll sort that out in the summer. As for now we really need to put together a cohesive front 6 starting with its attack.

Man Utd 1:1 Arsenal

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You can tell by the lack of posts on him today that he's definitely not any sort of issue in this lineup!

One of the tiny handful who belong in our team

Walters_19_MuFc

He did what he had to do. Ball was a magnet to him in the box. Intercepted more or less every cross. Decent on the ball and carried into midfield well.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You can tell by the lack of posts on him today that he's definitely not any sort of issue in this lineup!

One of the tiny handful who belong in our team
I'll be honest I expect more, given this reputation of being a leader and a potential future captain I was expecting more especially with the price tag. Yeah he's made us more solid at the back but I expected more

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He, Wan Bissaka and James have been the consistently good performers so far this season.

I have no complaints about him.

sammyhol

Watched a different game to me....

I’ve liked the look of the lad so far but was poor for me today...

Kept playing loose passes putting teammates under pressure....

And constantly caught offside for set pieces... despite being the last man looking straight down the line...

What’s the point of trying to get an extra half yard advantage... it’s only gonna get ruled out for offside with VAR anyway..

Bobski

Nothing either he or Lindelof could do with their goal, Axel checkmated them.

Arsenal were pretty crap(as were Utd) but still managed to create a number of big chances.

Sylar

Did he play Pepe onside for the goal?
The answer is yes, but not intentionally. He was in a good position for a simple pass by Tuanzebe. The moment Axel loses the ball, and a first time pass goes to Aubameyang he had three options. Stay (and look foolish), go towards the ball (but get nowhere near) or try play offside (which he gets away with without VAR due to a terrible linesman decision).

Hes had a very solid start for United.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

While I do not think he is anywhere near worth what we have paid for him it looks like he is settling.
Overall our defense cannot really be blamed as we do not concede that many goals and opponents do not create a lot of clear cut chances. Goals like the one yesterday can always happen and you cannot expect that there will not be any chances created by a team like Arsenal (even though the are as bad as us right now).
It is our midfield and attacking play being absolute crap.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had good game, he is slowly showing more to his game. When he was bringing the ball out of defense, Arsenal midfield dropped deep. He has good feet. He played Auba onside but don't think it was his mistake. He was positioned deep to make angle for player in possession, then Tuanzebe lost the ball.

Sir Scott McToMinay

We wouldn’t be any worse with Smalling and those 80m going for investing in a midfielder / attacker.

An 80m CB should really have it all, including pace, I don’t see what the fuss is about.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think hes excellent tbh. Very composed, has leadership qualities, good on the ball, takes charge of situations, dominant in the air and a threat at set pieces.

Since Rio, Vidic and Evra declined I've never really felt like we have anything set in our back 4 if we were to ever get to being a top team again. Players like Lindelof and Shaw had ok seasons at times and others had good runs of form, but I never felt they were more than average players who could play better than they were. Maguire and Wan Bissaka are 2 players who IMO can be big pieces for us in becoming a top team again and have probably been our 2 best players so far this season.

Bwuk

We wouldn’t be any worse with Smalling and those 80m going for investing in a midfielder / attacker.

An 80m CB should really have it all, including pace, I don’t see what the fuss is about.
Our defence is miles ahead of what it was last season. Maguire is the main reason behind that.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Yes we would.

He's not an £80 million CB, he's a £50-60 million one with a few premiums thrown on top for good measure (United premium, PL TV money premium).

We're much better off with Harry and I was highly skeptical of the transfer myself.

romufc

Yeah okay, we saw where we got to last season on that...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I disagree, Maguire is an important siging and we've looked better for it. He can actually carry the ball for a start.

It's not like we couldn't afford to invest in our attack too, we just bizzarely chose not to pick anyone up, well apart from James for about £20m.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Definitely not his fault. Tuanzebe albeit mostly good played the dumbest pass I've ever seen in Old Trafford. You can never blame Maguire for being there.
Tuanzebe was in a position where he had no other option really. Lindelof was also on his heels, and away with the fairies it seemed, but yes it was a poor pass, one he will regret, but overall I thought he played very well.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town

I think he has been outstanding for us (apart from the first Palace goal), has organised the defence very well. Smalling, although I rated him as a decent defender, is not a leader like Maguire, and got caught out occasionally with crosses (I remember Maguire scoring for Leicester against us in the last minute from a cross that Smalling had let go). If we had an experienced midfielder in front of our defence, I think we would get quite a few clean sheets this season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anybody blaming Maguire for the goal really have no idea what they’re talking about.

me moved over to help tuanzebe, but he chose the riskier pass. That’s football. If he just laid it back for Maguire to lump it up field the risk would be over.

On another day he passes straight to Lindelof who charges up the field with space ahead of him, but right now everything seems to be going wrong. a matter of inches.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I don't like the way we use him on corners and free kicks, trying to get him to head the ball across the 6 yard box. He needs to be the one heading the ball into the net with his wee head.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Tuanzebe was in a position where he had no other option really. Lindelof was also on his heels, and away with the fairies it seemed, but yes it was a poor pass, one he will regret, but overall I thought he played very well.
He was good but that pass was terrible, I think he had Maguire behind him, or he could've hoofed it. If you're gonna play a lateral pass at that area of the field, it has to be accurate and that was loose. So definitely on him, though overall he was good (though I found him less comfortable than mid-week, which makes sense given he was played on the left).

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
They're not exclusive. If you'd scored more goals you'd have conceded far more as well.
Well... Maybe. But maybe not. It's not like we're playing a conservative system that is shoring things up at the back but killing the attack - we just have no flair and no finishing up front.

It's also besides the point, we've clearly improved defensively and Maguire has been pretty much faultless since his debut.

Skills

Snitch
Well... Maybe. But maybe not. It's not like we're playing a conservative system that is shoring things up at the back but killing the attack - we just have no flair and no finishing up front.

It's also besides the point, we've clearly improved defensively and Maguire has been pretty much faultless since his debut.
I don't think we're playing anything different to Mourinho's system. Deep defensive line, 2 flat CMs protecting the back 4, 2 defensive full backs (when Shaw's fit).

Status
Not open for further replies.