Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm yet to see any of your post that makes bit of sense, consistently shit.
And yet you keep replying to them and insisting Maguire is going to be great when he finally gets his deserved move to an Italian giant.

If they’re shit stop replying and wait and see where he ends up and what he ends up doing. Then feel free to call me out when he moves to Juventus and becomes a better defender.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
And yet you keep replying to them and insisting Maguire is going to be great when he finally gets his deserved move to an Italian giant.

If they’re shit stop replying and wait and see where he ends up and what he ends up doing. Then feel free to call me out when he moves to Juventus and becomes a better defender.
Ok, let me make it every easy. Go and quote the posts where I said any of that,.

Last edited:

Sylar

Yep this exactly. Its funny to see how we dont rate our players, then wonder why we dont get good transfer fees for them.

I get Maguire is not good enough for the football we want to play but he is a good defender in the right system. We have seen this when he first joined, for 18 months he was good.

As soon as we wanted to play a higher line, his weaknesses didn't let him. Put him in a team that plays a low block, he is a good defender.
I reckon he can work in a higher line. When we had Henderson in goal,it helped but wasn't perfect.

But with England it really helps, he won't be the last man especially when you have the speed of Kyle walker there which allows the space to be had and with Pickford who likes to be proactive (sometimes a little too much)
But a lot of keepers are even if it's not to the extent of neuer, but it helps sweep up that space.

Maguire would be a good player for that club thats a level below to what we strive to be (eg Europa at best)

romufc

I reckon he can work in a higher line. When we had Henderson in goal,it helped but wasn't perfect.

But with England it really helps, he won't be the last man especially when you have the speed of Kyle walker there which allows the space to be had and with Pickford who likes to be proactive (sometimes a little too much)
But a lot of keepers are even if it's not to the extent of neuer, but it helps sweep up that space.

Maguire would be a good player for that club thats a level below to what we strive to be (eg Europa at best)
Exactly, yet people are here thinking he is £20m CB. He would bring alot of experience for say a West Ham or Villa, they pay £30m for a CB anyway. You are getting an England International with experience in major competitions.

People will look at Guehi and the like, think yeah they are amazing but we with CB's, you can look completely different in a different system.

Oranges038

Exactly, yet people are here thinking he is £20m CB. He would bring alot of experience for say a West Ham or Villa, they pay £30m for a CB anyway. You are getting an England International with experience in major competitions.

People will look at Guehi and the like, think yeah they are amazing but we with CB's, you can look completely different in a different system.
But, this is exactly what happened with Maguire.

Sending him back to midtable where he belongs is the only solution.

crossy1686

career ending

It doesn’t matter where he goes or even if it’s for free, but he has to go.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
So being a starter English XI for many years now, getting in the WC team of the tournament doesn't count for anything?
Which means feck all.
El Hadji Diouf got into World Cup 11 in 2002. Brilliant player right?

Status
Not open for further replies.