Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

devil99

Spot on mate, but some just cannot leave it alone.
I don’t know anymore what you guys are talking about and please read my reply post #6182.

Please be objective here. I am not here to trash talk any of our players. I am talking about the incident where he had his arm around Gray and let it go before it can be called a penalty. Is that a clean tackle?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
And showered with praise when we play a team that barely threatened us? It goes both ways doesn't it?
Everton had literally 1 chance whole game - 1 shot on target 4 wide while we had 13 shots 9 of them being on target. It was total domination and Maguire gets praised for basically being untested?
People said he was solid against a poor Everton side. That's hardly being 'showered with praise' and god forbid anyone gets behind one of our players and recognises when he is ok, given how quick folk are to shit on him.

foolsgold

People are really saying a centre half didn't have a good game because the opposition had very limited chances. Personally I call that a success metric for a defender.

Swiss_Red89

I started to hate seeing him play.
But yesterdays performance was very good. I even applauded some of his plays :devil:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had good game, after a very poor results with him in the team now it's other way, we had very good results with him in the team.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
And showered with praise when we play a team that barely threatened us? It goes both ways doesn't it?
Everton had literally 1 chance whole game - 1 shot on target 4 wide while we had 13 shots 9 of them being on target. It was total domination and Maguire gets praised for basically being untested?
So should we praise defenders when they concedes lot of chances?

Andersons Dietician

Didn’t have that much to do yesterday but when he was called on to do some defending he did it well. Only two occasions was it when he was left in a foot race against Gray and I was fearing the worst but dealt with.

The biggest improvement for me was his passing, he pinged a few really nice balls around the pitch. Was fearing the worst when I saw him in the team sheet but credit due where credit is due played well.

Bobski

How many teams in the PL have a better back up CB than Maguire?

That is what he is now.

GueRed

Again defensively was solid.
This time usage of the ball was better, looked more confident.

The anti-Maguire brigade littered my twitter timeline yesterday, fuming he played well.. :lol:

Hulme91

Again defensively was solid.
This time usage of the ball was better, looked more confident.

The anti-Maguire brigade littered my twitter timeline yesterday, fuming he played well.. :lol:
The visceral hatred for him from a particular section of our support (who in all likelihood also watch a certain Youtuber ahem) is hilarious

He was decent, a solid 6.5/7 in an easy game.. yet that particular section of support still reacts with absolute disgust at the 'praise' :lol:

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The visceral hatred for him from a particular section of our support (who in all likelihood also watch a certain Youtuber ahem) is hilarious

He was decent, a solid 6.5/7 in an easy game.. yet that particular section of support still reacts with absolute disgust at the 'praise' :lol:
In the last 8 games that Maguire has played we have won all 8 of the games and only allowed 3 goals against. And in those 8 games, that certain youtuber hasn't given him higher than a 5.5/10. All the while trying to claim that he doesn't have an agenda. He blame Maguire for Simms chance yesterday. Sure, Maguire probably should have came over to take Simms, but the biggest problem in that play was Martinez ran way out of position to mark a guy near the touchline and Malacia was nowhere to be found. That same Youtuber gave them no lower than a 7 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kag

One of the weirdest narratives in recent years has been the online groupthink that Maguire is some sort of terrible defender. Always has been complete and utter bollocks.

Bereft of confidence and in wretched form? Absolutely. But Maguire has been a very good Premier League for years and regularly plays well for England. He’s a good player. He’s been an easy target given the malaise across the club. It wasn’t too long ago that people were praying for him to return to the first team for our Europa League final in 2021.

Now with that said, it’s probably best for all parties if Maguire makes way in the summer. That way he can move on and get regular games, we can bring in a more suitable understudy for Varane, and hopefully we get a good fee for a player who will do very well elsewhere.

But yeah, narratives…

Mmm-Qatarian

In the last 8 games that Maguire has played we have won all 8 of the games and only allowed 3 goals against. And in those 8 games, that certain youtuber hasn't given him higher than a 5.5/10. All the while trying to claim that he doesn't have an agenda. He blame Maguire for Simms chance yesterday. Sure, Maguire probably should have came over to take Simms, but the biggest problem in that play was Martinez ran way out of position to mark a guy near the touchline and Malacia was nowhere to be found. That same Youtuber gave them no lower than a 7 :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't see how anybody with a rudimentary understanding of football could think that Maguire was at fault for the Simms chance. If he runs across to close down Simms he leaves a massive gap in the centre of the pitch ready to be exploited. The issue was very obviously that Licha got caught over-committing and then Malacia for some reason didn't track back to help cover his centre back.

Bondi77

I don't see how anybody with a rudimentary understanding of football could think that Maguire was at fault for the Simms chance. If he runs across to close down Simms he leaves a massive gap in the centre of the pitch ready to be exploited. The issue was very obviously that Licha got caught over-committing and then Malacia for some reason didn't track back to help cover his centre back.
That certain Youtuber struggles with the basics and his followers are no different.

city-puma

Yes, that’s the reason he hesitated to close down Simms because Gray is waiting in the center behind him.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
That certain youtuber also blamed him for "not fouling" a guy and agreed that it wasn't a foul but some how still found a way to criticize him for it, and also because later in the game Grey got a weak shot off from a bad angle that went wide of goal. He said it was Maguire's fault that he got a shot off, and gave no credit for Grey having to shoot from a poor angle in which he was never going to score from. He then goes off saying that he doesn't have an agenda

Lights Out

No chance you watched today and came up with that conclusion.
I did actually.

I’m not sure why he’s getting so much praise. Did everyone see how defended for the Simms chance? He literally just stood there and said go on mate I’m not going to close you down.

He was also clumsy and could have given a penalty away.

And yes, there was a period in the second half where he was literally walking with the ball and kept going back to De Gea

Lights Out

That’s nonsense regarding Maguire. As a defender you have to deal with the imminent danger and threat on goal.

You don’t just let someone have a free run and shot on goal because you’re worried about another player!

That’s nonsense regarding Maguire. As a defender you have to deal with the imminent danger and threat on goal.

You don’t just let someone have a free run and shot on goal because you’re worried about another player!
Actually, all the best defenders don’t just go chasing the imminent threat with no regard to anything else, some of the shittest do though mind.

I did actually.

I’m not sure why he’s getting so much praise. Did everyone see how defended for the Simms chance? He literally just stood there and said go on mate I’m not going to close you down.

He was also clumsy and could have given a penalty away.

And yes, there was a period in the second half where he was literally walking with the ball and kept going back to De Gea
Hmmmm… I’m struggling with who to side with here, my own eyes coupled with Erik Ten Hag and the massive consensus of United fans after yesterday, or Light’s Out from the caf. :confused:

Man Utd 2:2 Sevilla

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
We're just better when he doesn't play. Something about the pace of his thinking, or his lack of composure or just..something but he brings us down a ridiculous amount. Needs to clear out this summer for both sides.

STYLOISRED

Poor Captain's performance today. Failed to step up when his team needed him to be the calming influence.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Thought he played well, incredibly unlucky. Us going to crap wasnt on him I think.

Doracle

Very good I thought. Cruel luck with the OG. We are going to need him to maintain his current form given the injuries.

InfiniteBoredom

He’s cursed.

Actually didn’t put a foot wrong before that, which is rare for him, created a great break chance, then the ball just had to deflect off his head at that angle.

Hulme91

He needs to leave... not because of performances or anything just because this hypocritical fanbase hates him with an unbridled passion and lacks the mental faculties to judge him fairly :lol:

SB16

That was horribly unlucky. Was actually playing pretty well until that moment.

FerociousCorgis

OG was prob unlucky more than anything, but now even more important that we sell maguire to bring in a CB who plays like EtH wants.

Paul_Scholes18

I thought he was alright before Martinez injury.

Now it is Maguire and Lindelöf.

It could work, but not confident for the second leg. Hope our defenders are back soon.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
There is always one big feck up going on around this guy. He is a feck up magnet

Telsim

Unlucky for that OG. But him being back in the team for good now means opposition starts with a goal advantage.

edgecutter

It's hard to feel.comfortable with him playing and now we get the pleasure. Time to step up since your PR time have been bigging you up, here's your chance maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.