Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loon

:lol:
He's got to stand up and be counted now. We need him for this run in. Be a Captain.

Oranges038

How unlucky can you be?

A normal sized head an it probably just grazes over the hair and away.

MphoG

I thought he had a decent game when he came on. Unlucky with the own goal, wrong place unfortunately for him. And he’s going to be playing until the end of the season now, so let’s hope this doesn’t affect his confidence

El Jefe

He played well when he came on. Was just an unlucky moment with the own goal.

Mmm-Qatarian

I mean yeah, I didn't actually see the match but that own goal is just bad luck.

Boy, he really needs to stand up and be counted now though. Martinez (and potentially Varane) being injured long-term is going to really fecking derail our season if he doesn't.

chay chay okocha

Played really well today - moved the ball intelligently and quickly, and defended his area well. Extremely unlucky for the own goal, and it seems like we've seen this quite a few times this season even when he puts in good performances. Was absolutely disastrous last season, and there is a valid argument that he doesn't suit a more aggressive, high block defensive shape, but I don't think he has been anywhere near as bad as people have made him out to be this year. I think he could still be a good squad option unless someone wants to pay 40M+ for him, which will allow us to reinvest in a comparable talent. He's mocked widely, but I'd prefer to see our fans recognize his improvement and try to encourage him, rather than pile on even when he seems to play well and gets unlucky.

L1nk

He wasn't all that bad actually despite what some people might say, but somehow he just attracts these kind of situations and.... I really just hate this guy. Like I know its completely irrational but I cannot help just thoroughly disliking him and the fact he plays for this club

Gandalf

We capitulated with him being our captain in the second half. He needs to go
Terrible take. He didn't tell Malacia to fanny about with the ball in his own box and he is not the reason we had not subs left when Licha went down. I get you are pissed about the result, I am too, but there are plenty of others more deserving of blame for this one including the manager.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
So humble Maguire, scoring an OG so there’s drama and excitement in the second leg :)

edgecutter

Terrible take. He didn't tell Malacia to fanny about with the ball in his own box and he is not the reason we had not subs left when Licha went down. I get you are pissed about the result, I am too, but there are plenty of others more deserving of blame for this one including the manager.
He's suppose to bring a bit of stability and he simply doesn't. He needs to go because we do not look defensively solid with him. Plus his comments this year and last have made me so annoyed by his lack of accountability.

Irwin99

Was playing fine before the freak OG. Think the guy is just cursed here. At any rate he and Lindelof are now our centre backs for the next few weeks probably.

SER19

What? Numerous posters are saying it.

Shows just how woeful he's been if coming on and doing the absolute minimum while marshaling a 2 goal collapse is a credible performance. I can't remember a player so clearly short of United standards and it shows almost every time he plays

Idxomer

He was actually good and dare I say better than Varane in their last few appearances.

Of course, that goal had to happen to him but that was very unlucky.

Name Changed

weso26
Shows just how woeful he's been if coming on and doing the absolute minimum while marshaling a 2 goal collapse is a credible performance. I can't remember a player so clearly short of United standards and it shows almost every time he plays
I'd be the first to blame him if he was at fault, but he wasn't. The OG was unlucky. Malacia made the mistake for the first goal, it was all on him. The mistakes were made by the manager, not by Maguire. But sure lets just blame Maguire for everything.

AFC NimbleThumb

I was unhappy when we signed him, he’s never won me over & I don’t think he’s even half as good as his comments on England duty make him sound like he thinks he is but ‘arry if there was ever a time to step up above you mediocre showings across your United career it is now.

No excuses, you’re fresh. You’ll have the captaincy so will be front & centre for any trophy pics, your chance to love the dream lays before you.

crossy1686

career ending
I was unhappy when we signed him, he’s never won me over & I don’t think he’s even half as good as his comments on England duty make him sound like he thinks he is but ‘arry if there was ever a time to step up above you mediocre showings across your United career it is now.

No excuses, you’re fresh. You’ll have the captaincy so will be front & centre for any trophy pics, your chance to love the dream lays before you.
I think he regularly dreams about seeing his daft head lifting trophies, I just fear he isn't good enough or bright enough to know how to get to that point. Hopefully he does enough to get himself a cushy move elsewhere in the summer.

Eric_the_Red99

Was one of our better players in the second half, which isn’t really saying much, but it was a mostly competent defensive display, and the OG was a total fluke.

But of course, looking at the player ratings you’d think he was the worst player on the pitch, alongside Malacia. Never change, Agenda FC… :rolleyes:

Dve

Good cameo from Maguire and was not to blame for the own goal. An average score of 4.4 on this forum is laughable.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He wasn't all that bad actually despite what some people might say, but somehow he just attracts these kind of situations and.... I really just hate this guy. Like I know its completely irrational but I cannot help just thoroughly disliking him and the fact he plays for this club
Pretty much how I feel and I’ve expressed it countless times. He’s everything I hate about how our club has operated in the past decade.

That being said he played pretty well besides the unfortunate OG. God knows we need him now b

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He's suppose to bring a bit of stability and he simply doesn't. He needs to go because we do not look defensively solid with him. Plus his comments this year and last have made me so annoyed by his lack of accountability.
In all his starts since the world cup we are 8-0-0 with only 3 goals against. But I get it... the facts don't suit the agenda

AneRu

He was one of our better players in the 2nd half, not to blame about he OG too. This isnt on him but the whole midfield which treated the ball like a hot potato.

AFC NimbleThumb

I think he regularly dreams about seeing his daft head lifting trophies, I just fear he isn't good enough or bright enough to know how to get to that point. Hopefully he does enough to get himself a cushy move elsewhere in the summer.
Unfortunately I agree. He strikes me as someone who’d happily win cups the John Terry full kit w…. way instead of curtailing his deficient game but I will hope for better nonetheless.

The likes of Martinez have done the hard yards, he’s got 10-odd games to do better.

justboy68

Really unlucky and it's a damn shame because it adds to his 'meme' status all the more. He'll have a run in the team now though and it's time for him to do something good for us before leaving in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.