Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

E-mal

Not his fault that we threw the game but I will be happy to see the back of him. He offers nothing special in both boxes.

Dve

He was one of our better players in the 2nd half, not to blame about he OG too. This isnt on him but the whole midfield which treated the ball like a hot potato.
The attackers even worse.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He's just utter wank. Martinez and Varane get the ball moving quick and can play it through the centre of midfield.

Maguire just dawdles and dawdles and dawdles before rolling it off to Bissaka. I can't be putting up with his shit for the rest of the season.

SER19

I'd be the first to blame him if he was at fault, but he wasn't. The OG was unlucky. Malacia made the mistake for the first goal, it was all on him. The mistakes were made by the manager, not by Maguire. But sure lets just blame Maguire for everything.
Who's blaming him for everything? why does it always have to be so all or nothing? he either played well or is at fault for everything. neither of those things are true. we almost never look stable with him on the pitch, its painfully clear that he is undermined and not trusted the same way his teammates are. hes not even a poor player, just a disatrous one for this club and how we should play. he has an uncanny ability to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and it doesnt need to be explained how being so slow and awkward makes us vulnerable and makes our opponents more ambitious. hes a massive weak link and I cant believe anybody saw anything other than the bare minimum of what a professional footballer should do tonight.

Sylar

It's a really really unlucky goal to concede given how shit the header was from their striker, that it wasn't even on target. He did well stepping out today and coming on for varane

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I don’t blame him for the goal but I also think we don’t concede two with Varane on.

berbasloth4

Tonight was definitely not his fault. Far from it but at the minute if he put a bet on himself to lose he would still lose.
He could put all he’s earnings on Constitution hill to win a race versus weighorst and lose

Malone_Post

Obviously it wasn’t his fault for the goal, it was one of those freak own goals that happen sometimes. Not really anything he could have done. But at the same time, it’s the most Harry Maguire own goal you’ll ever see. Everything he touches just turns to shit. If it wasn’t for his insanely arrogant interviews I’d feel sorry for the lad.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I actually feel sorry for him. That type of goal only happens to him or Phil Jones.

It's just so unlucky but sadly that's just how it's going for the lad. Can't catch a break.

He isn't good enough for this team but he can still do stuff in this league for a team I'm sure.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He's just utter wank. Martinez and Varane get the ball moving quick and can play it through the centre of midfield.

Maguire just dawdles and dawdles and dawdles before rolling it off to Bissaka. I can't be putting up with his shit for the rest of the season.
Is that your take on tonight because it’s wrong. Apart from the own goal which was completely random, he didn’t put a foot wrong

Irwin99

Better hope that own goal doesn't knock his confidence too much because we need him for the next few weeks. He played well before the unfortunate own goal but i've said it many times he and Lindelof often just drag each down and i'm not happy about the prospect of them lining up for many crucial games to come.

Waynne

Very unlucky to concede the goal like that but of course people can't wait to troll and trash the guy to no end.

Chinchy98

I thought he did okay to be honest. Looked relatively assured on the ball & didn’t get caught out defensively.

Sevilla being Costa Del Burnley helped him massively.

still doesn’t possess the ability to step out and get us out of the pitch while on the ball.

OG was a freak of a goal

Amarsdd

Captain Fat Feck... I'm bringing back that descriptive about that living meme.

He's the most useless sack of shit I have ever seen. Everything about him sickens me to my core. The way he speaks to the media, the way he can't even do a simple job, the fact that he's the slowest centre-back I have seen, the way he gets burned by the simplest plays... He epitomizes what I hated of the Ole era: nothing but talk. He capitulates so seasily when things become harder. Has he ever seen how fecking awful he is? He's a total waste of oxygen. Perhaps in that big head of his he can start thinking about how shit of a player he is.

Oh, look, I see Maguire right here. I know it's a dumpster fire, but what's the difference?

Go outside and get some fresh air. You’re sounding like a sad sack of sh!t.

Last edited:

DON’T PANIC ™

I’m not a fan of Maguire at all but I thought he was decent tonight to be honest. Can’t be blamed for the OG, just unlucky. Our only centre half and down to 10 men. Whilst he’s not the most mobile, he definitely has improved this season. His passing is much better and neither him or AWB are as panicky in possession as they were last season or even earlier this season. He shouldn’t be a starter if everyone is fit but I’d still have him ahead of Lindelof as a backup.
If both Varane & Martinez are out for a while we have a major problem though as he needs a confident player alongside him to avoid panicky Harry returning.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Always struggling to redeem his stature. Was stable enough but somehow cannot avoid a mistake when it isn't entirely his fault.

I initially thought he let his man go entirely at first view, but rewatching it was in fact Casemiro's. The deflection was purely unfortunate.

Waynne

Is that your take on tonight because it’s wrong. Apart from the own goal which was completely random, he didn’t put a foot wrong
This.

He's been better under Ten Hag. A useful player at best but people just can't help to put their boot into him at the slightest mistake he makes. It's like they had their keyboads primed and ready to furiously trash him the moment that own goal went in.

It's really sad because while he may not be at the standard the club requires as a player, he is still a human being and putting out statements like him being 'a waste of oxygen' is uncalled for and disgusting.

Some United fans sicken me to the core.

AndyMUFC

Just typical because he did alright when he came on before that own goal. Guess we're gonna have to see more of him with Martinez and Varane injured over the next few games...

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Captain Fat Feck... I'm bringing back that descriptive about that living meme.

He's the most useless sack of shit I have ever seen. Everything about him sickens me to my core. The way he speaks to the media, the way he can't even do a simple job, the fact that he's the slowest centre-back I have seen, the way he gets burned by the simplest plays... He epitomizes what I hated of the Ole era: nothing but talk. He capitulates so seasily when things become harder. Has he ever seen how fecking awful he is? He's a total waste of oxygen. Perhaps in that big head of his he can start thinking about how shit of a player he is.

Oh, look, I see Maguire right here. I know it's a dumpster fire, but what's the difference?

Not a single thing relevant to his performance tonight.

Reads like a post pre written, waiting for something to go against him.

RedDevilQuebecois

Not a single thing relevant to his performance tonight.

Reads like a post pre written, waiting for something to go against him.
That does not make him less of a dumpster fire on the balance of nearly 4 seasons now.

I just cannot wait to see the back of him, Sancho, and any of the remaining self-entitled fools who should not be at the club if it wasn't for the silly homegrown rule.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Hopefully his okay form holds up until the last game of the season. We need him to perform.

ti vu

Why didn't Ten hag bring Lindelof on instead?
Sevilla is quire decent aerially especially with their set piece. Maguire is just bad luck magnet even when he didn't do anything bad himself.

RuudtheRed

He did ok yesterday and actually played rather progressively at the start of the 2nd half. Better with the ball at his feet. Can't really fault him for having a massive slabhead. It was just comical how far the initial header was going wide until it hit his face.

Alonzo

Wasn’t at fault for the goal, and he could be a decent player elsewhere, but he is such an awful fit in our team and playing style that he will never be good in a United shirt. All of his decision making is sub par, his passing is constantly either cowardly, or puts us under pressure, and it’s clear the entire team don’t trust him, subconsciously or not. He is a bad luck charm.

He has said he has nothing to prove, and that is fine. But if that’s how he really feels, just feck off elsewhere, because he has everything to prove here. Sick of him.

Alonzo

This.

He's been better under Ten Hag. A useful player at best but people just can't help to put their boot into him at the slightest mistake he makes. It's like they had their keyboads primed and ready to furiously trash him the moment that own goal went in.

It's really sad because while he may not be at the standard the club requires as a player, he is still a human being and putting out statements like him being 'a waste of oxygen' is uncalled for and disgusting.

Some United fans sicken me to the core.
‘waste of oxygen’ is ridiculous for sure. But he is abysmal as a United player, and does himself no favours with his arrogant interviews. Even if he uses that tone because he’s defensive, it does him no favours, and his situation wont improve til either he becomes a different player, or leaves the club. Damage is done here.

Name Changed

weso26
Who's blaming him for everything? why does it always have to be so all or nothing? he either played well or is at fault for everything. neither of those things are true. we almost never look stable with him on the pitch, its painfully clear that he is undermined and not trusted the same way his teammates are. hes not even a poor player, just a disatrous one for this club and how we should play. he has an uncanny ability to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and it doesnt need to be explained how being so slow and awkward makes us vulnerable and makes our opponents more ambitious. hes a massive weak link and I cant believe anybody saw anything other than the bare minimum of what a professional footballer should do tonight.
Yeah you already said, it doesn't fit your agenda.

He played well last night. The stuff you said might be true for most games, but it was not true for last night. We actually defended better in the second half and gave away less chances. We just happened to concede two outrageously unlucky own goals.
And we won the last 8 games that he started, so I guess making our opponents more ambitious must be working in our favour.

For the record, I do not like Maguire. I'd get rid of him in a heartbeat. But in no way was he responsible for last night. You could blame 10 players or staff before him.

CallyRed

If he had a normal size and shaped head that goal wouldn't have happened.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
It's not on him. He scored an unlucky own goal sure, but the team was poor in the second half letting this average team hoping for a result.

He will play the remaining game of the seasn since Licha is injured so you'd beter hope he regains a bit of form and confidence otherwise we ll see more problems

Alonzo

It's not on him. He scored an unlucky own goal sure, but the team was poor in the second half letting this average team hoping for a result.

He will play the remaining game of the seasn since Licha is injured so you'd beter hope he regains a bit of form and confidence otherwise we ll see more problems
aka contrary to his ridiculous statements, he actually has a fecking lot to prove

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Playing well recently and was very good last night IMO. We are going to need him to maintain this form if we are to be successful this season.

Anyone talking about him being a cause of last night's collapse needs to give their head a wobble and grow up. A freak combination of events with Malacia's mistake, Martintez's injury and the Sevilla striker's header being so bad that it hit Maguire's head.

Status
Not open for further replies.