View full 2023-24 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Roboc7

Did well after a slow start, they hit a lot of long aimless balls which he deals with better than most.

Stadjer

A solid game. Did his defending well when called upon and even made some good passes. Wouldnt go as far as calling it 'class' or 'brilliant' but i get people feel the need to say that when every small mistake he makes is considered a massive error and meme moment by other people.

Unam333

He did well today. Hypothetically if Martinez was to be fit, I actually feel more confident with Maguire at the back right now than Martinez and I rate Martinez very highly.

BuzzKillington

Really pleased for him. He’s been pretty poor at times for us, but the level of shit he’s had to deal with has been disproportionate.

He’s not a bad player, hope he keeps it up and we can get a good fee for him and he gets a move where he doesn’t have to deal with the shit he’s had to put up with.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
He was pretty good and probably deserves to be back in the team. I’d give him a run of games now if I was ETH

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
No issue with him playing in these gritty games where you’re defending your box and need to dig in. That’s his biggest strength.

Away to Sevilla or when we’re attempting to play out with the ball, that’s different. Did well tonight though, no doubt.

Ace of Spades

A game that suited him. He has always been very good in the air, and that suits him in the PL.

RedC

I'm laughing at how he is stat padding performances against absolute mugs, but it's actually good for us, as we might sell him easier.

Northstand

I'm laughing at how he is stat padding performances against absolute mugs, but it's actually good for us, as we might sell him easier.
:lol:

Ok, so he's been on the winning side in 15 out of 16 games. Care to list the 15 absolute mugs for us?

FerociousCorgis

Or the fact that I just watched the game and literally felt like double digit in the first half on his clearances went right back to other opponents. We squeaked by fecking sheffield united I'm not throwing praise to anyone after what I just endured.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
He was good. By that I mean he wasn't his usual low self confidence and resembled a decent defender. Long may it continue/improve, because we will need it.

cpresc

I have really slated him on here, one of my least favourite ever players

but..

Credit where it’s due, he has taken grief and seems to be coming through it. That takes huge character and courage. Compare his reaction to Sancho

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Good but you can clearly see the cautious and pragmatic nature in central defence between him and Evans. With their lack of pace, and age in Evans case, their ball retention was very slow and circumspect and that does hold us back longterm.

sotdevil

He wants to play for us, he’s trying to prove he’s good enough to get games and at the minute he deserves a lot of credit and praise because he sure as hell gets the reverse when he’s having a bad time! Keep it up Harry

Malone_Post

These type of matches suit him perfectly. Didn’t put a foot wrong and was a monster in the air. There’s a reason he would have suited a Mourinho team perfectly. Deserves credit.

Malone_Post

Got the receipts to show I was still a believer.
Considering he only started 8 league games last season, you’d have to imagine a lot of those games were cup games against significantly weaker teams.

Obviously you can only beat what’s in front of you but I do think those stats are very deceptive.

abailey123

Taking the armband away from him has released him of so much pressure. Brilliant. He’s working his way back into the 11.

DickDastardly

Still can't believe this is the standard we're now happy with.

Yes, didn't put a foot wrong. But his head play is atrocious. He's passed to a opposition player every fecking time with his head in the first half it was almost as he was playing CF for Sheffield ffs.

His long balls to Rashford were godlike.

It's the short passes through the middle that are crap, slow, and get us in trouble.

Not nearly the standard we should be aiming for.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He has gone from our 5th choice CB to 4th choice, at least in games against relegation-place teams. Huge achievement, worthy of retaining England starter place, for sure