6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
What is my agenda exactly? I don't think Maguire is very good, he almost exclusively plays against bad to mediocre teams, and stopped us from selling him this summer, which could have gotten us a starting CB that suits our game more.

He played well in the exact type of game he usually plays well in, every one of our players should be playing well against absolute dross, the fact that they don't doesn't mean you have to fawn all over the ones that do.
Your agenda is clear. It's unbelievable to see the number of United "supporters" who seem upset that Maguire had a good match. Doesn't matter who he played against. Mind you, could you imagine the amount of heat he'd be getting if he was in the starting line up against world power houses like Galatasary (3-2 loss)or Forrest (narrow 3-2 win)

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Fair play he played alright against a bobbins team but lets see how he does against a pacey forward team.

Christ we have City soon imagine him trying to keep up with Haaland. Frightening thought.
Well no one else has really managed it so why would we expect Magiure or any of our defenders to be able to do so?

GueRed

Won every aerial challenge thrown at him. A pillar at the back last night...solid game.

Rojofiam

If he's content with being 3rd choice for now (that's where I'd have him at the moment, way ahead of Lindelöf), I'd like to see him stay and us to sell Varane. The latter is really injury prone and we're giving him almost twice as much in wages as Maguire.

It seems like we're buying an RCB next summer either way, so offloading Varane with astronomical wages and 1 year left on his contract seems like the right decision in light of his injury problems. Maguire then can fight for his place with the new signing, whoever that may be.

goalscholes

There’s a place for both Maguire and Varane. Varane can’t play 2 games in a week.

Maguire needs to play against teams without clinical fast strikers, especially vs teams who like to play it long.

Rojofiam

There’s a place for both Maguire and Varane. Varane can’t play 2 games in a week.

Maguire needs to play against teams without clinical fast strikers, especially vs teams who like to play it long.
We should be looking to upgrade on Varane soon just based on his abilities themselves, not to mention his injury record, astronomical wages and expiring contract in 2025. Summer 2024 will be the perfect time to offload him to the saudis or someone else and buy a new, younger, better RCB to play with Martínez.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Love to see it! Show them captain! That percentage keeps going up and up! Love it I say!

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Sure Martinez had him quiet in a previous game. I could be wrong though.
I think you're referring to the game where Shaw played LCB perhaps, but the point still stands, most teams have been incapable of stopping him given the number of goals he' scored

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
"Just because you are paid £120,000-a-week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham, you think you are a superstar"

- Roy Keane, 2005.

JagUTD

Happy for him. He can enjoy being the hero for a few days as it won't be long until we are back to slating his every move

See McTominay for reference :wenger:

Roboc7

Fair play to him, talks a lot of shit but is currently backing it up. Deserves to be playing on form now.

mintyred

When Maguire plays well he gets lots of praise, hopefully, this continues because he's one of our best players ATM.

KeanoMagicHat

Dodgy mistake at the start but solid enough otherwise and good goal. He needs to stop taking so many touches though in possession, nothing new there, but hurt us in the first half tempo wise.

Ekeke

Thought he was okay overall. Then came up and scored the important goal. There was one time where both Varane, and then Maguire had gone to the right to challenge for the ball and Lindelof had to come across from leftback and clear the cross from the middle because our Cbs were nowhere in sight. So certainly some things to improve on

Idxomer

Mostly a good performance with a Chris Smalling header to win the game.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He did excellent to intercept a pass on the edge of their box in the lead up to the goal. He was very good.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Played well again. Useful having centre backs with goal threat.

Sylar

Looks better without captaincy, maybe. Weekend will be the big test though. Sheffield and Copenhagen were the last two games. Hopefully he continues his run and puts in a motm performance

Irwin99

Credit it where it's due, very good game after an early mistake and a massive goal in what's already a real struggle for qualification.

If you protect him with a decent centre midfield there's a good defender there but, and i know i'm being negative, you could see a couple of instances tonight where he struggled to get back into position when they got behind us. Easily first choice along with Varane at the moment but long-term it's not sustainable unless we change our shape/tactics.

RuudTom83

If he can find some form, then one thing you can rely on with Harry is...he can stay fit!

Getting some consistency with the back four selection would be invaluable.