View full 2023-24 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

DON’T PANIC ™

Take the captaincy off Bruno, maybe he’ll improve as well.

Happy for Maguire but he’s never going to be first choice at Utd. Should still move him on if we can.

T Red

Harry Scholes Maguire spraying passes left right and centre and doing all the right stuff.

He is one player I have been so critical of, but credit where its due, he's been our best performer in a couple of games now.
Pllleeeeeeeeaaass let this be your turn around Harry, please

redshaw

Very good again. Said a long while back he is very strong mentally and a good person that doesn't deserve the stick he gets. Some United fans don't deserve that goal today.

Our slow start has been put down to him not wanting to leave and causing dressing room problems, excusing ETH yet players like Maguire and McTom are one of the few stepping up. Whatever is going on at the club it's not Maguire, he is a incredibly resilient character.

Lets be honest we've looked shite when these players are not playing and they been left out for long periods. I'm all for improving but we seem to be going backwards.

A-man

Great goal and happy for him, he really needed that. Apart from that I think he was so-so. Some good interactions but also involved in most of their chances. Keeping it simple is a good idea now when he is getting back into it, but also means he’s not so involved as he could be.

abailey123

He’s started 4 games this year and has been solid in every game. Without the arm band the pressure is off, it’s clear Ten Hag is seeing a much more confident Maguire the fact he’s picking him and leaving Lindelof on the bench

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It’s nice to see him have a few good days but let’s not get carried away, we are going nowhere with Harry in the team. Nowhere near the required level and never will be. Would be gone by now only it didn’t make financial sense for him.

Andersonson

Our MOTM again. Credit to him!! Glad he scored today, he really deserved it.

Its mental that our CB has to be MOTM against Copenhagen and Sheff Utd but cant blame him for that

the_cliff

Have to give it to him, he's taken a lot of stick from everyone. Fans, media, the manager, but has bounced back. He's taken a lot more criticism than Sancho but has taken it on the chin and has been determined to improve. You can fault him for many things but his dedication and love for the club isn't one of them.

city-puma

ETH played him as LCB today. Apparently, ETH is not as stubborn as many claim. For me, Maguire plays better on the left side.

AndyMUFC

One of our most consistent performers at the moment, not that this is saying much. He's being helped by the fact we're rubbish and on the back foot a lot, which is where he thrives because he's a very solid out and out defender.

Very pleased for him tonight.

RedStarUnited

He's surprisingly good, all of a sudden now. Keep it up.
Ah the fallacy of football.

A few minutes before he scored, Copenhagen go through us on the right hand side after he pushes up and gets too close to Varane. Luckily Lindeloff makes the block on the cross and rescues us.

They score that goal we are probably back to wanting him gone ASAP.

Keep it up Harry! We need ya lad.

Andrew Richmond

Great finish and decent overall performance. Needs to be given more starts to build on his improved showings.

Mike Smalling

Credit where it's due. Winning goal yesterday, assist for the winner against Brentford, some overall good defending and some good long passes.

Ananke

Been critical of his performances, rightly so and wanted him gone. But last few games he’s been on it. Please may it continue.

Very happy to eat my words if this guy turns it around.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Wanted him moved on and i thought he stayed for money. Was even advocating to freeze him out on reports that he asked for payoff. I must admit was horribly wrong on him. His attitude is fantastic while he still may not be the answer but his overall personality is definitely going to improve our squad. If he wants to fight for his place then so be it. Players like Sancho should see him and realise what mistakes they are making

LordSpud

He’s started 4 games this year and has been solid in every game. Without the arm band the pressure is off, it’s clear Ten Hag is seeing a much more confident Maguire the fact he’s picking him and leaving Lindelof on the bench
Lindelof is having to play LB as Reguilon is eased back in to be fair

LordSpud

Big test Sunday. Needs to help keep Haaland, Alvarez, Foden et al quiet. Then the attack needs to pull their fingers out too

Unam333

Wanted him moved on and i thought he stayed for money. Was even advocating to freeze him out on reports that he asked for payoff. I must admit was horribly wrong on him. His attitude is fantastic while he still may not be the answer but his overall personality is definitely going to improve our squad. If he wants to fight for his place then so be it. Players like Sancho should see him and realise what mistakes they are making
Absolutely. Well said. He isn't the answer, but we cannot doubt his professionalism and attitude. He has a will to fight and now he gets rewarded. Also, he probably knew that he would get chances to play based on last season. Maguire is almost never injured, whereas Varane has missed quite a lot of games due to injuries. Of course, Martinez was injured as well. I think he took a gamble and stayed on. Of course, money played a part too as nobody likes a salary drop.

Idxomer

He's playing better and his luck seems to be turning around as his mistakes aren't punished instantly as before.

The difference in attitude between him and Sancho has definitely made him look better too.

Grande

Well said. I think it’s difficult and important to separate the facts of wether he fits into the long term project and wether he does his best based on the situation. The former is not on him, the latter is, and you can’t
fault him for that, I think.

suheilsworld

Really happy for him. Showing strong character. Relatively weaker opponents in SHU and Copenhagen but he is doing the basics right and getting that goal would give a massive boost. Stranger things have happened and he might just get a headed winner against City. I am all for Harry fighting for that CB spot, especially when our two preferred CB are always injured.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
He will have Haaland in his back pocket on Sunday. Haaland to not score. Putting money on that.

Keanes Magic Hat

All credit where is due, massive commitment and mentality to stick it out.

I'm not going to make any long term predictions on him but hope he has a massive game against Haaland on Sunday.