View full 2023-24 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

BorisManUtd

A confident Maguire is actually a great CB. One or two more solid games like this and he maybe finally gets back to his Leicester form and shows everyone why we bought him.
Thought he was solid for most of his first 2 seasons here as well. It's 21/22 season where his downfall started.

Longlivekeano

not too sure again what fans saw in him today. Okay he was brave and headed the ball out a few times. But his distribution was hit-and-miss. Thought evans played better overall.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Looking good now we’ve found our place in mid table. Watch the revisionism begin now that we’ve won a game.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Maguire definitely benefitted from United's cautious approach today.: Playing in a mid-block, not having such a high press, being more compact, that suits him.

All that being said, this is a guy I've seen tackle Luke Shaw in his own box. He's playing at a much higher level than that currently. Thankfully. Credit where credit was due, Maguire was good today.

Oscar Bonavena

He was concussed for a lot of that 2nd half, football's concussion protocols are very poor that he was allowed continue.

This is the type of game and opposition that's right up his alley. He's as good as any CB in the league when defending deep and up against a physical centre forward.

He's found out against the better teams and strikers but he'll do for games like this.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Another good performance from Maguire, but am sure people will be quick to claim otherwise.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I look at it from a different angle than it's only Fulham; he displayed actual leadership qualities today in having the constitution and belief in his game to elevate others. He led by example and that kept others going. Confidence is absolutely shot in this side so him keeping his head has a lot more worth than is being acknowledged.

He really shouldn't have been on the pitch, mind. The guy looked concussed for a solid portion of the game and it is irresponsible of us to have kept him out there - another smash to a concussed head, well, yeah.

city-puma

Yeah you’re right. Let’s just keep slagging him off rather than just praising a good performance. That’s more fun, isn’t it?:rolleyes:
There is soil for bullying behavior, in real life and over internet. Bashing people probably make some feel satisfied and happy.

Amira

He has been one of our most consistent performers this season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hats off to him, he's really turned things around.

prateik

I said this a few weeks back and I'll say it again.. with Martinez out and being in poor form before that, Maguire is our best defender..

He is good.. we should have better.. but out of the lot we do have, Maguire is not the problem. I'll have him over Varane, Lindelof and Evans every time.

Longshanks

Never put a foot wrong today, played some nice passes through the lines and some nice crossfields to garnacho. Felt like he headed every corner Fulham had away from danger.

Still think he is better on the left side of defensive than the right. But can't argue with his performance today, under alot more pressure than he should of been he was a proper brick wall today. ETH has alot to thank him for so far this season.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Thought he played really well, especially considering the head injury. Good time for him to step up, for him and us.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Maguire definitely benefitted from United's cautious approach today.: Playing in a mid-block, not having such a high press, being more compact, that suits him.

All that being said, this is a guy I've seen tackle Luke Shaw in his own box. He's playing at a much higher level than that currently. Thankfully. Credit where credit was due, Maguire was good today.
Honestly he's always going to be a shaky 1v1 defender, but I was thrilled with his progressive passing through the lines. It wasn't just the boring diagonal that he takes 10 seconds to play, I saw some real clever stuff through the middle (that our midfield of course fecked up)

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Honestly he's always going to be a shaky 1v1 defender, but I was thrilled with his progressive passing through the lines. It wasn't just the boring diagonal that he takes 10 seconds to play, I saw some real clever stuff through the middle (that our midfield of course fecked up)
Yeah. We badly needed that too with Martinez out. Passing through the middle of the pitch through defence is vital for beating any kind of pressing. Harry started off a bit hesitant to try but found his confidence as the game went on. Thank God too because, as you point out, us passing it side to side or hoping a long diagonal comes off keeps giving opponents time to set themselves to defend. Its one of the big reasons we have so much sterile possession.

Ace of Spades

Credit where it is due, he has been good. Kept it simple, but effective. And showed a bit of resilience and toughness to continue after the knock.

RedIan

Respect to Harry hes had some real stick. Hes come through it and is playing with real heart.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I think he's actively looked for ways to improve. Others gave commented on his forward passing which was noteworthy today. I'm glad to see most of us in here giving him credit where it's due. Johnny beside him instead of Victor helps I think.

kundalini

Apart from being offside for our early goal, I thought Maguire played well. I noticed 3 good defensive moments from him in the 2nd half. Also a couple of decent cross field passes to Garnacho.

As to whether he should have continued playing; that seemed an unwise decision (not his fault).

I really wish Maguire and Evans would play at a higher tempo. So much time is lost while they pause to think about what to do before playing a slow pass to each other, then repeat.

Laurencio

Diabolical against Newcastle, did a good job today. Slowly rebuilding his reputation.

spiriticon

He literally came off 2 three nil thrashings. I'm not sure where all this OTT praise is coming from.

jem

Good job today but surprised he was allowed to stay on given all the talk about head injuries.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If we had this Maguire last season, we would've probably won another trophy.

Bondi77

Really pleased for him that he is playing well and the booing has stopped, takes a strong character to ride above all the shite he has taken.
All the haters have crawled back under their rocks for the time being at least.

Stadjer

He literally came off 2 three nil thrashings. I'm not sure where all this OTT praise is coming from.
There is always OTT when Maguire is involved. When he has a average game he is the worst to ever play but when he has a decent game he is described as very good. While in reality he is just a decent Premier League defender.

NZT-One

Happy to see him getting positive recognition. Well deserved, very good game today. Just stop giving interviews Harry, just keep your mouth shut, play like this most of the times and we'll be good.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Really pleased for him that he is playing well and the booing has stopped, takes a strong character to ride above all the shite he has taken.
All the haters have crawled back under their rocks for the time being at least.
Are they really haters if they only criticize him when he's playing badly? Don't get me wrong, there are extreme examples but those haters that criticize a footballer only when he's doing badly probably aren't haters at all.

This thread shows that when he's performing well like tonight people are happy to praise him.

Rojofiam

I knew there was a real chance he would take that RCB spot back after we signed Onana.

That's why I was happy for him to stay in the summer.

city-puma

Are they really haters if they only criticize him when he's playing badly? Don't get me wrong, there are extreme examples but those haters that criticize a footballer only when he's doing badly probably aren't haters at all.

This thread shows that when he's performing well like tonight people are happy to praise him.
Well, there are significant amount of real haters here who even self claim they are.