Harry Maguire involved in incident with police in Greece - conviction nullified by appeal, full retrial pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

RashyForPM

Why are people talking about leg bruises, defying biology, his sister getting drugged etc? Let’s just piss the whole story away, believe the captain and come back to it when a verdict is out to see if we were right.

Manchester United have far more pressing concerns.

GiddyUp

I think he was a disaster signing and a waste of money but none of that excuses that absolute pack of lies he just told .

First of all he is wearing shorts and theres not a mark on his supposedly battered legs

Add to "the bus came to a stop and was surrounded by a group of men and we were thrown off it."

Who threw him off the bus ? And its surrounded by men he thinks are kidnapping him yet somehow he is able to walk to the main road to phone his agent and leave texts.

Then walks back to the bus where the men surround him again ? :houllier:

Theres far to many things wrong with that story . For his own good he should have been advised better than to even do an interview .
You are the Lionel Hutz of prosecutors

predator

Youth NITK
Wish I had some popcorn for this thread.

I personally believe Maguire over the Greek Police. But who knows, Maguire could love beating up Police on his jollies.

The whole 'no bruises on his legs' argument is comical. Do you really think he would wear shorts if he knew it was such a talking point. He couldve worn jeans and nobody would've said anything. Bruises come in all colours, shapes and sizes and vary in time they remain on the body.
Surely Maguires reps/ lawyers wouldve said if they had anything to worry about regarding the alleged kicking 'you better wear trousers because some idiots on redcafe will see how spotless your shins are'

:lol:

ChaddyP

How does it not in the theme of this thread with posters saying he's blatantly lying.

Put the 2 interviews side by side. Only one person appears to be lying and it isnt maguire.

This is very true... However it has nothing to do with my post. How hard is it to under stand :lol:

Gasolin

His story is obviously nonsense . None of the things he is saying adds up at all . Police taunting him hitting him in the leg saying his careers over ? Wheres the marks then ? Must have been some light kicks that they thought would end his career .

Kidnapping fears just sounds BS and straight out of Taken.

Police are saying they interviewed the sister and she never mentioned being drugged .

Jussie Smollet's story was more believable than Maguires but hey he got off so who knows
You are seriously believing that Maguire's sister, who is family, would suddenly just say to the police "Hey, I was never drugged"?
Do you think she would want to see Maguire go to prison by contradicting him? If anything, if the story was fake, shouldn't she mention it to make the story consistent?
In what world do you think the sister would tell the police that she was not drugged and make sure Maguire's side of story is dismissed in court? I want to know. Do you have a sister like that?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
How does it not in the theme of this thread with posters saying he's blatantly lying.

Put the 2 interviews side by side. Only one person appears to be lying and it isnt maguire.
Exactly that Greek prosecutor sounds rabid. :lol:

Gasolin

But now, since the prosecutor said Daisy Maguire never mentioned the drugs... I am sure Daisy Maguire can now ask the prosecutor when she was supposed to have had that interview, since the Maguire camp seems to say they never interviewed Daisy? I hope that happens because I am curious to hear how that works out now.

Paxi

By the way there are few people on twitter reporting about being drugged in Greece via an injection and then a subsequent coverup by local authorities. Is it that surprising that the Greeks would want this to be entirely Maguires fault and nothing to do with some Albanian gangsters drugging a young woman? That wouldn’t look too well considering tourism is a huge part of Greek economy. “Hey Brits, come to Mykonos, (supposedly one of the more upmarket islands) get drugged and potentially human trafficked” Yeah that sounds like a nice brochure.

saivet

The whole bribery aspect makes sense now. If you thought you were being kidnapped an obvious way out of it would be to offer money.

Though, legally I'd imagine it can't be bribery if you didn't know they were police.

Paxi

The whole bribery aspect makes sense now. If you thought you were being kidnapped an obvious way out of it would be to offer money.

Though, legally I'd imagine it can't be bribery if you didn't know they were police.
There is so much reasonable doubt here. I’m not a lawyer but if you can’t speak the language and you get approached by plain clothed police after an altercation with some Albanians then of course you might think you’re being kidnapped. Of course you might try to fight your way out. From what we know, which isn’t much, Harry probably did assault police but that can be mitigated by those things I mentioned above.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We have learnt a lot, we have his side of the story.
As I’ve said in previous posts, we still don’t know the truth, but those who were quick to condemn him without any evidence, and not hearing his side of things should be embarrassed.
I’m not saying you have to believe him at all, it’s the posters who won’t believe him, no matter what and are so blinded by their hatred of the player, they want to believe he is guilty. Are you one of those posters, or are you prepared to give him a chance to prove himself?
Ive read 'fans' mock Maguire as a footballer on Redcafe all season, some of the stuff so offensive it shocked me. Last week I took them all on in a thread defending Maguire & Lindelof, read that thread if you want to really find the 'fans' not supporting one of our players for football. Fact is maguire isn't one of my clubs players in this instance, he's not playing football, so why would I have any 'loyalty for him', especially in a case involving allegations I detest.

In that thread, someone even called me racist because I was criticising Koulibali and Varane in favour of two white players, and yet in this thread, we have a poster above who says that people criticising Maguire is because they hate the English :houllier:

I think Maguire is an idiot and irresponsible for 'being out on the town' and putting himself in a position where he can be manipulated and abused. It's not happening to other players because they pay for their privacy or security. It's a piss poor decision. I also don't think his story is the whole story, he has left key bits out and I think it's likely that he has broken some laws. And I've disliked the blanket xenophobia against the Greek police (and culture); racism and xenophobia are deal breakers for me, and yet it's gone virtually unchallenged in this thread with some absolutely disgraceful posts.

All that being said, that interview was a hard watch on a human level and I hope he takes up the recommendations for counselling he will be getting. I think he's a nice guy, was glad he was at our club and admire him as a footballer. Am hoping Im wrong and he is totally innocent, we will see. Lastly, I have no problems having an opinion and being totally wrong.

Last edited:

Pennywise

I see there's a couple of people on here still taking bellendry to whole new levels. Quite impressive in a way

Red_toad

Now I do want to believe Harry. Seems a little daft to be wearing shorts in this interview considering his legs reveal zero bruising. Nothing.

He is claiming they hit his legs saying his career was over, causing him to fear for his life.

He is either exaggerating massively how they hit his legs, or lying.

Those legs have not been beaten brutally.

This is not me wanting him to be guilty. Of course I don’t. But it’s suspect.
Kneel down on the floor get one of your mates to hit you in the legs with a bat, I suspect the marks won't show as they'd be hitting the upper parts of your legs as below your knees would be on the floor. But believe what you wish and make random judgements about incidents you weren't present at and looking for injuries that are likely covered by his clothing. I don't know if Greek Police are trained to use batons, but the upper thigh is very much a target area, lots of muscle so won't break bones.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ah so you dont believe it either?
I have no opinion either way. I doubt his skin color is the defining factor in believing it though.

I would guess that if he wasn't Harry Maguire and some random bloke many wouldn't be believing the story. I think his status and who he is is a larger factor in this.

arnie_ni

I have no opinion either way. I doubt his skin color is the defining factor in believing it though.

I would guess that if he wasn't Harry Maguire and some random bloke many wouldn't be believing the story. I think his status and who he is is a larger factor in this.
Both ways probably actually

lsd

The Oracle
You are seriously believing that Maguire's sister, who is family, would suddenly just say to the police "Hey, I was never drugged"?
Do you think she would want to see Maguire go to prison by contradicting him? If anything, if the story was fake, shouldn't she mention it to make the story consistent?
In what world do you think the sister would tell the police that she was not drugged and make sure Maguire's side of story is dismissed in court? I want to know. Do you have a sister like that?

Gone show me where i said his sister told the police she was not drugged ? .

Gasolin

Gone show me where i said his sister told the police she was not drugged ? .
Did I not highlight that piece you mention in the quote of yours in my post?!?
Let me put it below again. Your opinion is that because she did not mention to the police, that story doesn't hold up.
So basically, you are saying she was not drugged. Right?

His story is obviously nonsense . None of the things he is saying adds up at all . Police taunting him hitting him in the leg saying his careers over ? Wheres the marks then ? Must have been some light kicks that they thought would end his career .

Kidnapping fears just sounds BS and straight out of Taken.

Police are saying they interviewed the sister and she never mentioned being drugged .

Jussie Smollet's story was more believable than Maguires but hey he got off so who knows

Morpheus 7

This thread highlights the witch hunt in the last few days. This place has been as bad as any tabloid outlet. Think people should support the captain of the club until a fair trial is heard, that's me though. Harry comes across like a nice fella and I'll be supporting him. Easier to shit on our players in here at the first sign of trouble. Some are a disgrace in here like other posters have said.

lsd

The Oracle
It's a specific question to @lsd in relation to his global view. It's not just afrocentrist, is borderline militant.

Even though i compared his story to Jussie Smollet who is black and said i didn't believe either of them .

Look i think Maguire is lying simple as that . That doesn't mean im not a united fan nor does it mean i hate white people which is what you seem to be insinuating.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I think he was a disaster signing and a waste of money but none of that excuses that absolute pack of lies he just told .

First of all he is wearing shorts and theres not a mark on his supposedly battered legs
Of course, it's a commonly accepted fact that the legs stop at the knee. Anything above that is pure torso.

lsd

The Oracle
"Police are saying they interviewed the sister and she never mentioned being drugged ."

Yes thats what the police said . I don't know if thats true or not i dont know if the police asked her if she was drugged but i did not say the sister told the police she wasn't drugged which is what i was accussed of saying.

This is bringing out the worst in people on here . You doubt a guy's story and you are accused of not being a United fan or not liking white people :lol:.

Madness

Amarsdd

If Maguire had bruises on show in that interview, the same ones here would be saying he wore those shorts to show off made up bruises to back up his fake story.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I still have no idea what to make of this or if we can ever expect to get to the truth.

Dominos

Is there a full unedited version of the interview? Some of the quotes I've read I haven't actually seen him say.

The story does seem odd but he did seem genuine to me in the clips I seen - and I'm of the opinion he's unlikely to have fabricated such a bizarre story. However I think ultimately when he's only giving a brief overview of events it will end up raising more questions than it answers so I'm not sure doing the interview was a good idea.

The questions I'd ask are
1. have these men tried to abduct his sister or have they injected her with something and just ran off? Seems a bit bizarre to me that they'd go around injecting women while she's surrounded by people and then running away.
2. Why did the minibus pull over, and where?
3. How were they "thrown off" the bus" and why? Were they just told to get out by the driver?
4. Why did the police let him make a phone call when he got off the bus, and then when he's finished the phone call they decide they need to beat the crap out of him?

Withnail

I still have no idea what to make of this or if we can ever expect to get to the truth.
Convictions been quashed so for me it's as you were til the retrial when he'll have a chance to defend himself properly.

Hopefully we'll get to the truth then but I'm not going to rush to judgement either way. For now he's innocent and from the interview he seems to believe his own story at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.