Harry Maguire involved in incident with police in Greece - conviction nullified by appeal, full retrial pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma

It’s probably been a painful lesson for Maguire that, as a United player, you have to be more careful than as a Leicester player. In an ideal world, he’d be able to have a night out in a bar without being abused by idiots but, in reality, he needs to avoid these type of places and go somewhere more private.
Yeah. It's sad that it happens and the people who were instigating it are shit but these things happen. Just have to respond to them in a better way.

Deery

Dreary
Ah yes, we've finally the got the.. When I told *insert foreign national here* I was Irish/Scottish they treated me like a king and offered up a daughter for marriage spiel
You boys are like a broken clock :lol: :lol:
I agree with LSD on this one guy in Paris asked me if I was English I said no Irish he said you hate the English then and nodded :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stretender

Ah yes, we've finally the got the.. When I told *insert foreign national here* I was Irish/Scottish they treated me like a king and offered up a daughter for marriage spiel
It is an undeniable fact that the Irish are nice people generally. I like them alot.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
If thats true... it's something you expect to hear in a children's playground. Adult men acting like this is just embarrassing (for all involved). Behaving like a child is certainly not captain material.
Do you go outside, in the real world?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I agree with LSD on this one guy in Paris asked me if I was English I said no Irish he said you hate the English then and nodded :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yet you support an English club :lol: how silly you must feel

RUCK4444

In fairness it’s probably true to an extent. Brits on hols are despised by many of the local population.

Is it any surprise though? We’re a feckin nightmare :lol: :lol:

Older Brits on hols with the family are cool enough but lads holidays and girls holidays for that matter cause them absolutely no end of grief.

When I lived in Spain the locals would hate the holiday season and you will usually find the locals try to live slightly away from the main high streets / nightlife for exactly this reason.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
It is an undeniable fact that the Irish are nice people generally. I like them alot.
Apart from the old child abusing priests and that. Perhaps likeable / friendly rather than nice? Other than in the general sense that the majority of people everywhere are nice I suppose.

cyberman

Apart from the old child abusing priests and that. Perhaps likeable / friendly rather than nice? Other than in the general sense that the majority of people everywhere are nice I suppose.
What even is this?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
How very dare you. I'm Irish and I think I can speak for Irishmen everywhere when I say that never, NEVER! has one of my countrymen behaved like a dick while under the influence of alcohol abroad. The very idea. Pfffft.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not to mention the travellers that go around parking their caravans wherever they like, stealing and harassing the local folk and leaving trash all over the place once they leave.. but obviously we can’t all tar people with the same brush right?!

Now we are stereotyping every country. Should we not just close this thread? The anti English brigade have stank this place out long enough.

Stretender

That's a childish comment to be honest. Why bring Priests into the argument. I didn't say there are no murderers or criminals who are Irish. Every society has its bad elements but talking from my own experience Irish people are nice. Likeable or not they tend to be people who mean well. That's what matters in life anyway. Being nice to others and personally I have experienced that alot from Irish people than anyone else.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Taking a thread off topic
Not to mention the travellers that go around parking their caravans wherever they like, stealing and harassing the local folk and leaving trash all over the place once they leave.. but obviously we can’t all tar people with the same brush right?!
So you're saying many of the priests in Ireland didn't abuse children and institutionally cover it up?

Tiber

This is one of the worst threads I have seen on the site. Not worth checking again

Sigma

Do you go outside, in the real world?
Yes. I go to bars and clubs quite often, I just manage not to fight people. Granted I don't receive any abuse at these places, but I'd like to think if I did, I would respond better.

Deery

Dreary
What like your national treasure Tyson Fury?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So I go into this thread and the first phrase I read is "child abusing priests".

Dve

Hey English are disliked abroad for a reason . Whenever you go abroad and people ask your nationality as soon as they hear you say Irish and not English the way way they treat you is amazing .

It's like night and day .
I think that is very exaggerated, and it would depend very much on where you travel. In some parts of southern Europe, perhaps, but otherwise there is no bias against British people.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I liked the French btw found them much more friendly than the Spanish.
You don't know the french, they are not a single entity. And you don't know the Spanish either because they are also not a single entity. Maybe you know people that happens to be french or spanish that you like or dislike though.

Deery

Dreary
You don't know the french, they are not a single entity. And you don't know the Spanish either because they are also not a single entity. Maybe you know people that happens to be french or spanish that you like or dislike though.
So do you know the French then or is it only me who can’t know them and only you am lost?

Dve

If thats true... it's something you expect to hear in a children's playground. Adult men acting like this is just embarrassing (for all involved). Behaving like a child is certainly not captain material.
Yet, we don´t know the build up to the situation and why the situation escalated.. Mind that footballers live under a lot of pressure the whole year, and when they finally get a chance to party, there might be a lot of steam that needs to come off. If Maguire stood up for his friends and family, and for United as well, why would not a United fan take his side.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Greek Police have set a Bail for Harry McGuire at €5000.
Man United have offered €3000 plus Phil Jones and Jesse Lingard

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So do you know the French then or is it only me who can’t know them and only you am lost?
They are not a single entity, not hard whats being said

Status
Not open for further replies.