Harry Maguire involved in incident with police in Greece - conviction nullified by appeal, full retrial pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addled

Wow aggravated assault and continuous attempts at bribery doesn’t sound like a misdemeanour. Hope for his sake this gets sorted without jail time. I suppose he will be viewed as a wealthy young sports man and be hit with a serious fine.

United Hobbit

Now what will Ole do? Obviously he will want a meeting to get Maguire's side of things but surely he has to look at removing the captaincy at least temporarily?
Great this has happened as it gives rival fans even more ammunition to use against us and joke about.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Wow aggravated assault and continuous attempts at bribery doesn’t sound like a misdemeanour. Hope for his sake this gets sorted without jail time. I suppose he will be viewed as a wealthy young sports man and be hit with a serious fine.
Jail time in Greece? It'll never happen

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Is it across all media, or it's only one of many? Is it like in the Caf, one or a few posters made a ridiculous comment, then the other poster start claiming all Caf hold the same view? Sorry I'm not following UK press.
Since Maguire story happened, many tabloid were running stories about what a great family man he is, and how this is so out of character etc. Of course they also covered the story itself, but there was a sympathetic background. Also, just like many posters have done in this thread, also a subtext on how backward or corrupt Greece is. ie: No way Harry can be a bad guy. You can check The Sun, The Daily Mail, even The Guardian ruining all these themes.

Un until BLM, there was a consistent and savage media campaign against Sterling. No matter what he did, it was presented in the worst, nastiest and negative light. Even when he bought his mother a house, Daily Mail said he was grotesque as showing off.

AC1689

He will get a slap on the wrist, a fine and community service.

Some of yous haven't been out on the lash much :lol:
Nah we’ve just been out on the lash without physically/verbally assaulting others and trying to bribe policemen.

I’m equally glad whilst out on the lash, that my group has never encountered one like your group of “lads being lads”.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Damn, if only Greece's economy was as efficient and expeditious as their judicial system, they wouldn't be a bankrupt nation.

AngliaRed

80m investment.

pretty serious crimes to be found guilty of, regardless of how corrupt or quick the trial was.

could the club be forced to sack him?

definitely lost his captaincy.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What is wrong with you lot. He was never, ever going to be found NOT GUILT. It was obvious when they held the trial so quickly and it was over so quickly. The only evidence is what the police have said.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I doubt he would have been called up for England if it was that serious being found guilty.

The whole thing screams dodgy as feck.

I’m surprised though to find out how many of you are readers of The Sun.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am not going to debate his guilt or not but this is a sham. Defence not giving time to prepare and the only evidence is a police officer's word.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Mr Alexis Anagnostaki, who is representing Maguire, requested the trial be postponed as he only received the full list of charges two hours before it was due to commence.
What a joke of a legal system.

DevilRed

Nah we’ve just been out on the lash without physically/verbally assaulting others and trying to bribe policemen.

I’m equally glad whilst out on the lash, that my group has never encountered one like your group of “lads being lads”.
Ye mate you tell 'em, bunch of panzies, only puffs go out on the lash and go home without a police bribery conviction.

Oh wait.
So many sensitive flowers in here :lol:

kps88

BBC article said his sister was injected with an unknown substance by a group of men that caused her to faint. They then arranged for transport to a hospital and were instead taken to the police. I can understand Maguire freaking out about what his sister was injected with and losing his composure if that's really what happened.

Fridge chutney

I'm not a legal expert, but isn't it a bit strange how quickly the charges were brought to trial, trial conducted and judgement made?

Are we sure due process and justice has been served?

An extremely weird set of circumstances. The delay for the trial not being approved and the whole thing finishing in a day is a bit dodgy to say the least. As an Eastern European myself I find it hard to believe any police officers from the area, corrupt feckers the lot of them

Status
Not open for further replies.