Harry Maguire involved in incident with police in Greece - conviction nullified by appeal, full retrial pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
In what part of any evidence was it made clear that he 'repeatedly' tried to bribe officials? Corrupt :lol:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I am not going to debate his guilt or not but this is a sham. Defense not giving time to prepare and the only evidence is a police officer's word.
Exactly. Think he is not entirely innocent, but there are other culprits in this who have got away with it.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
He will get a slap on the wrist, a fine and community service.

Some of yous haven't been out on the lash much :lol:
Do you regularly assault people and use your position within your job to try and bribe police officers? Whilst he won’t be sacked from his job he should be stripped of the captaincy.

AC1689

Serious question. Do any of you lads live in the UK or have ever lived in the UK?

Ever been out in Manchester on a Friday or Saturday night? Closing time?
Having lived in the northern quarter of Manchester City Centre for the last 11 years, yes I have been out plenty. This is not a regular thing at all. Stop normalising violence. Perhaps if you wait for closing time at the moon under water, or the Piccadilly tavern, there’d be the odd scuffle. But still highly unlikely.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
BBC article said his sister was injected with an unknown substance by a group of men that caused her to faint. They then arranged for transport to a hospital and were instead taken to the police. I can understand Maguire freaking out about what his sister was injected with and losing his composure if that's really what happened.
Yeah. Our police would have got a blood test done on Daisy, not this lot it appears.

Zoo

This is fecked up. The Greek authorities better know what they are doing considering that Mykonos is a current hip destination for the rich and famous.

Siorac

Serious question. Do any of you lads live in the UK or have lived in the UK?

Ever been out in Manchester on a Friday or Saturday night? Closing time?
So it's a British thing then, OK. I think in most countries on the continent getting into fights when you're drunk isn't seen as a normal part of nightlife.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Jail time in Greece? It'll never happen
He could try and greece the bars but his head will never get through. Be like in Terminator2 when the gun gets stuck.

And no I am not taking the piss as there is no way he will spend a day in jail it's just how things work.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Since Maguire story happened, many tabloid were running stories about what a great family man he is, and how this is so out of character etc. Of course they also covered the story itself, but there was a sympathetic background. Also, just like many posters have done in this thread, also a subtext on how backward or corrupt Greece is. ie: No way Harry can be a bad guy. You can check The Sun, The Daily Mail, even The Guardian ruining all these themes.

Un until BLM, there was a consistent and savage media campaign against Sterling. No matter what he did, it was presented in the worst, nastiest and negative light. Even when he bought his mother a house, Daily Mail said he was grotesque as showing off.
Yea, I couldn’t help but smirk at some of the irony at the news coverage this week. ‘Harry was a model professional’ etc. Sterling and Pogba had never been called that.

In fact, this incident may just eclipse Pogba’s ‘off-field antics’ that have caused many to debate whether he should be let go. May just about be worse than dancing with your brother at home, or worse still - a wedding!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm not a legal expert, but isn't it a bit strange how quickly the charges were brought to trial, trial conducted and judgement made?

Are we sure due process and justice has been served?
Of course it hasn't. There are some places I wouldn't believe a police officer if my life depended on it.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
This comes across as an absolute farce of a court case. The defense being given zero time to prepare themselves is dodgy enough in a country that isn't as corrupt and unethical as Greece.

What's almost certain is that they wanted Harry to offer a bribe and he didn't. 100% they would have accepted it, it's absolutely common place.

DevilRed

Having lived in the northern quarter of Manchester City Centre for the last 11 years, yes I have been out plenty. This is not a regular thing at all. Stop normalising violence. Perhaps if you wait for closing time at the moon under water, or the Piccadilly tavern, there’d be the odd scuffle. But still highly unlikely.
Dearie me. Sensitive much? :lol: When did I normalise violence?

These legal issues happen all the time. Its rare that you would serve jail time for them.

I'd wager Harry will be fine.

Dorris

Some of the posts from so called united fans in this thread are an absolute embarrassment.

Flexdegea

Do you regularly assault people and use your position within your job to try and bribe police officers? Whilst he won’t be sacked from his job he should be stripped of the captaincy.

Humourous you seem to be taking the cops view of how things went down.

I've been to pretty much every proper holiday resort about in europe and trust me the cops should never be trusted. Complete farce this :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.