Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

Could it be that Maguire finally realized that Leicester hierarchy want to screw a transfer altogether?

Perhaps Maguire acted professionally while thinking “let’s help the club get a good fee for me”, but now starting to understand the transfer may not happen at all?

Cliche Guevara

This is all well and good, but Maguire can pull all the sickies he wants and it still won't help one bit if Woodward keeps trying to haggle Leicester down from a position of power. They have absolutely no need to sell, so they have no need to budge one bit from their demands. And that's why I'm still extremely skeptical of this or Fernandes happening, as much as I'd love to see it.
These kind of posts are becoming increasingly insufferable and unnecessary.

No club simply pays the asking price for a player without negotiating. Leicester could be asking £200m but doesn’t make Maguire a £200m player.

Leicester are being well greedy and asking too much for this player. Fair enough they can ask what they want, but we don’t need to pay it and it’s disappointing if they are blocking the player’s career progression, given the massive profit they are making.

RuudTom83

DDG will be watching on deadline day the rate this is going...

Another season with Mike and Phil would destroy him!

Tarrou

Do they not, they must have some connection with them, there will be some sort of agreement whereby headlines will get put up to attract punters to those markets.
this is a company worth something like $5bn and bookies make virtually nothing from 'next club' markets, so it seems kinda unlikely they'd work that into the deal

Jordan_mufc

Yeah because this is the first time he’s said it’s happening isn’t it..
You're missing the point. No one is saying he is the oracle of truth. He doesn't say it everyday. Seems to have either gotten really lucky with a stab in the dark. Or heard something from somewhere which is actually connected to Maguire missing training.

walsh

These kind of posts are becoming increasingly insufferable and unnecessary.

No club simply pays the asking price for a player without negotiating. Leicester could be asking £200m but doesn’t make Maguire a £200m player.

Leicester are being well greedy and asking too much for this player. Fair enough they can ask what they want, but we don’t need to pay it and it’s disappointing if they are blocking the player’s career progression, given the massive profit they are making.
Just as daft suggesting that clubs have some moral responsibility to accept a 'reasonable' asking price for the good of the player.

Hammondo

Could it be that Maguire finally realized that Leicester hierarchy want to screw a transfer altogether?

Perhaps Maguire acted professionally while thinking “let’s help the club get a good fee for me”, but now starting to understand the transfer may not happen at all?
The club would just say no then, no reason to pretend to sell. Everything they have done so far is reasonable.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Oh look it’s Media day at Belvoir Drive, I wonder if Harry didn’t fancy dealing with Sky

thomas porter

Unreal that we haven't got any deals over the line since we signed Daniel James!

Even Arsenal are going to outspend us if Ed doesn't get out his checkbook...beyond disappointing right now.

MUFC OK

Let's face it, Leicester will be thinking that they can finish ahead of us this season and so the last thing they would want to do it sell Maguire to us. There is talk of up to £90m, and so if they keep moving the goalposts to delay we need to have other targets at hand - we cant have one of the chuckle brothers playing at all times next season, it would tip me over the edge.

StrettyEnder07

this is a company worth something like $5bn and bookies make virtually nothing from 'next club' markets, so it seems kinda unlikely they'd work that into the deal
Maybe, maybe not, quite a simple way of making money without to much expense.

If the fake stories aren't for clickbait then it is some shoddy reporting on their part.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I’m ashamed to admit this. But I follow his wife on Instagram and she ducked out of her own birthday party celebrations in Manchester early on Saturday night early as she was unwell....

Could be Harry just has caught what she has!
Ffs:lol:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Bruno Fernandes cried because Harry Maguire's girlfriend left her birthday party early? And now they're all ill?

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Things are obviously moving today Some good clues.

No Ole press conference before the game tomorrow
Lukaku and Darmian not travelled to Norway - Both 100% to be gone by the end of the week
Maguire has the s*its and has missed training today
Bruno crying about the possibility of linking up with Jones and Young - looks like that one is moving.

:lol: :lol:

Red4Life_#7

Isn't there another defender in world football we could sign instead???

edit: I like him, definitely an upgrade on Phil and Mike... but this is dragging on with the deadline approaching and 90m is stupid money. Surely there is a plan B...

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Things are obviously moving today Some good clues.

No Ole press conference before the game tomorrow
Lukaku and Darmian not travelled to Norway - Both 100% to be gone by the end of the week
Maguire has the s*its and has missed training today
Bruno crying about the possibility of linking up with Jones and Young - looks like that one is moving.
Magiarrhea :nervous:

acnumber9

DDG will be watching on deadline day the rate this is going...

Another season with Mike and Phil would destroy him!
What about a season with Victor who played more games in our worst defensive season in the Premier League?

Tarrou

Maybe, maybe not, quite a simple way of making money without to much expense.

If the fake stories aren't for clickbait then it is some shoddy reporting on their part.
There is no money in it, and a gambling operator would not risk losing their license over something so trivial

Ignoring the fact that sky and sky bet are two separate companies as well

Status
Not open for further replies.