Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest rumour is they want a fee that matches what the scousers paid for Van D. Get fecked - he is nowhere near that good
He’s not, but no-one thought VVD was that special when the scouse bought him, hence why they had a free run at him.

VVD now is worth 100m more if anyone wanted to buy him and I’m still not convinced the scousers would say yes.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
At that price (£80m) we should just stick with what we have.

tonnas

Cant see city paying 80m after refusing to pay 75m for VVD, let alone 280k per week

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So Hull City a few years ago had Maguire and Robertson in their backline...? :D

Koulibaly, Romagnoli, Tah, Milenkovic, Upamecano are some. For the fee quoted I'd rather even try for someone like Gimenez. Maybe we could even get someone like Ake for a much lower fee.
Tah, Milenkovic, Upamecano... so in other words, another go at the unproven Bailly, Lindelöf, Rojo, Blind train.
Yet anorher fan who’d prefer the Glazers have fatter pockets rather than going for a more guaranteed option.
For what it’s worth, I think every single poster on this forum would prefer Koulibaly.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
It would be great for England if he does sign for Man City and Pep gets him and Stones playing well together.
if Stones hasn't learnt to cut out his brain dead feck ups yet he never will, he's an experienced pro not a kid

Dolf

Don't be a prat. World record fee for no one but Maguire? Come on.
So despite all the news reporting 100m figure, I assume you know your stuff and have some inside information, how much actual budget do we have this summer then?
Don't keep asking me who, ask our scouts, who are paid to do their job. If Liverpool can get VVD for 75m last summer, and City can get Laporte for 57m a year ago too, surely we can do much better than paying up 80m for Harry Maguire. Don't tell me its inflation, the 2 biggest transfer in history happen 2 years ago, not today.
Jesus christ :lol:
I'm going to be the wise one here and stop responding to you.

BlueHaze

Tah, Milenkovic, Upamecano... so in other words, another go at the unproven Bailly, Lindelöf, Rojo, Blind train.
Yet anorher fan who’d prefer the Glazers have fatter pockets rather than going for a more guaranteed option.
For what it’s worth, I think every single poster on this forum would prefer Koulibaly.
Yes I'd rather any single one of them than blow Van Dijk type money for a guy who's not even half as good as Van Dijk. Leicester would be laughing their arses off getting that type of fee for a player of his quality much like Everton laughed at us after robbing us with the Lukaku deal. Even last year after all the shit happening in the summer I was okay with getting Maguire for £70m but his recent season was far from impressive and in many games Evans looked the better out of the two. As I said Van Dijk went for £70m and Maguire will reportedly cost £75m.. A player they signed from Hull 2 years ago for £17m.

Dahnsouff

Supports
Leicester City
Yes I'd rather any single one of them than blow Van Dijk type money for a guy who's not even half as good as Van Dijk. Leicester would be laughing their arses off getting that type of fee for a player of his quality much like Everton laughed at us after robbing us with the Lukaku deal. Even last year after all the shit happening in the summer I was okay with getting Maguire for £70m but his recent season was far from impressive and in many games Evans looked the better out of the two. As I said Van Dijk went for £70m and Maguire will reportedly cost £75m.. A player they signed from Hull 2 years ago for £17m.
My word. You folks are insane. Keeping spending lots of what are basically fancy name punts and you will not improve. Ole see’s it.

Good job he is at wheel eh?

SwedishFish

If it's 80 million I'd rather not. There are other CBs that could fit the bill for that pricetag.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
If the fee is £80m then we should let him go to City and turn our eyes to Upamecano. Great prospect and CB who also is a defensive playmaker and very comfortable with the ball to his feet. GoGoGo.

youmeletsfly

I wouldn't fork 80 mil on him. I'd risk it with Tuanzebe and invest the money in a RW. (presuming that AWB comes at RB)

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Who? Please give us names. Who??
Just because there is no-one currently attainable who would justify such a fee doesn't mean we should spend that same kind of money on someone else who isn't simply for the sake of it.

Sp00ks11

Going to laugh at everyone on here when he performs consistently brilliant for City and picks up trophy after trophy while we have the chuckle brothers running around like headless chickens and making strikers like Glenn Murray look like Neymar. :lol:

Maguire is twice the player of any of our current CB, I said that while he was at Hull, I said it last summer when people were saying 40 million is too much, and I will say it again even as he is being valued at 80 million.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
80m and 280k/pw at wages. Yeah despite us being shit at CB, i'm happy with losing him to City.

el3mel

So City are bringing what, Maguire, Rodri and Cancelo, 3 top signings to enforce the squad even more while they're title winners 2 years in a row. If these 3 deals get sealed on it'll incredible stuff from them. So jealous.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Damn, he's off to City? He's definitely worth the fee. I'm confident, under Pep/in a top side, he'll go on to be one of the best CBs in the world.

hobbers

Damn, he's off to City? He's definitely worth the fee. I'm confident, under Pep/in a top side, he'll go on to be one of the best CBs in the world.
He's like a Super Saiyan version of Phil Jones.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
They were giving it just this morning that we were going to beat City to the transfer. As per, nobody has a clue.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He’s not, but no-one thought VVD was that special when the scouse bought him, hence why they had a free run at him.

I was saying this at work the other day with a bunch of casuals, the types who barely watch a game all season, and never go to games.
They were acting like I was being one eyed, or bitter or something saying this.

But your take is definitely how I remember it, and any talk now of how he was "always" special is pure captain hindsight material.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They were giving it just this morning that we were going to beat City to the transfer. As per, nobody has a clue.
Yep, a complete reversal of the story.
All we need is a "Maguire's going nowhere" story, and they cannot lose, when whichever of the 3 outcomes occurs!

The White Pele

Whilst he as an individual is not worth the sums being quoted, I do feel that he would form a solid partnership with Lindelof and we would at last have a consistent, dependable pairing.

I also have no doubts about his mentality and think he would be a good professional to have in the dressing room. That shouldn’t really be such a big selling point but unfortunately I think we’re in a place at the moment where character is a very important consideration for every signing we make.

Therefore if we did stump up the cash I wouldn’t be too outraged about the fee.

For what it’s worth, I signed him on on Football Manager and we won the league and Champions League so there’s that.

George The Best

If we don’t get Maguire, which I think is unlikely as he doesn’t seem to want to be here, we will start the new season with Smalling and Lindelof. Maguire is easily better than both imo.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's like a Super Saiyan version of Phil Jones.
A Dragonball Z reference? I love you, hobbers!

If they were to ever attempt another live action film again, he'd be a decent casting for Broly.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Whilst he as an individual is not worth the sums being quoted, I do feel that he would form a solid partnership with Lindelof and we would at last have a consistent, dependable pairing.

I also have no doubts about his mentality and think he would be a good professional to have in the dressing room. That shouldn’t really be such a big selling point but unfortunately I think we’re in a place at the moment where character is a very important consideration for every signing we make.

For what it’s worth, I signed him on on Football Manager and we won the league and Champions League so there’s that.
Hmm, I usually don't care about prices but the reason I'm happy about us not going for Maguire is that he's not pacy. Him and Lindelof aren't pacy enough for a high line. Apart from that I think he's a quality player but as you say it's not about the individual but how he sets into our team.

Suv666

What about FFP? Maguire, Cancelo and Rodri without selling anyone.Thats close to £200m Surely that'll land City in FFP trouble?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
If you were Maguire would you go to United, Glazers, Ole and Europa League football or to City, Pep and CL football ?!

Simple question with a simple answer.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Exactly, a transfer like this isnt based on the value of the player compared to other players, its whether he is available and the benefit to the club overall.

If signing him means we never have to see Smalling or Jones play in the league again he is worth every penny of what ever it would cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.