Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
No no, he’s the only defender in the world available for such a low fee. Can’t wait to see the meltdown when people realise that any team with pace will tear him a new one.
yeh i kinda agree with this. I have always considered him slightly overrated. Good header of the ball and decent at bringing it out, but slow. Gets caught out often.

I'd have been all over Alderweireld for £25m if i was OGS

Crashoutcassius

We can comfortably spend 150m on players a year. Question is if a top 5 league cb is worth half our years budget and answer is yes i think. Alternative is not sign a cb that is fairly clear

gajender

Not the biggest fan of Maguire but he would still represent improvement on our current set of Cb's but having said I do think he still has another level or two to go up so might end as very good signing.

Zoo

Going to be a good signing. Like with Wan Bissaka you just feel confident.

Tiber

Ok, solid work Ed. I can confirm that Kermit and his legion of muppets are smiling. But wrap up Bruno and dybala and there will be BBC news reports of spontaneous muppet combustion all across the globe.

The clock is ticking Sir Ed - dont let us down

R'hllor

Tomorrow's announcement is presumably the sacking of our entire scout network.

The only answer they could come up with for our defence was Slabhead for £80-85m.
Whole thing is just mental.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
And when we're in a bit of a desperate position where other clubs know we want to improve over the summer, and when we're buying from a relatively decent side who can probably offer him decent terms in their own right, it's always going to be that bit harder to get the deal done and therefore will involve a bit more money. Just the way of it.
Exactly this. This is purely a football's matter move from United's side and football finally being here a priority which is more than great.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Good price for one of the best defenders in the league.

AWB - lindalof - maguire - Shaw

Is much more solid looking than we’ve had in years.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
And when we're in a bit of a desperate position where other clubs know we want to improve over the summer, and when we're buying from a relatively decent side who can probably offer him decent terms in their own right, it's always going to be that bit harder to get the deal done and therefore will involve a bit more money. Just the way of it.
Our transfer policy this summer (so far) seems to be the grand total of "British, PL proven, young(ish)". I mean I get that it's good to have a British core but it's still mental money. AWB's fee was mental too but he looks like he could actually turn into a really great player, Maguire though? I dunno, we supposedly have this vast array of scouts yet we instead go for the most obvious PL option who probably won't improve us that much.

But then again I guess the alternative is to trust our scouts to find this top CB from abroad and end up with another Rojo or Bailly, so maybe it is worth the fee for that alone.

Dobba

Whole thing is just mental.
Unless the only scout the club has is Mark Goldbridge it's an absolute shitshow.

With a game like Chelsea up first, we wait until a week before the season starts to add a starter at centre half and we do that so we can spend all summer haggling Leicester down to the low low price of £80m.

Siorac

Well, I really really really hope the people at the club know what they are doing, despite the last six years providing overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Can't wait for that little reddit prick to start giving it the big one about calling this.... :lol:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Exactly this. This is purely a football's matter move from United's side and football finally being here a priority which is more than great.
In an ideal world a good scouting team would be a bit better at unearthing hidden talents for less money, but easier said than done, especially when we need a fairly immediate solution. Even if he'll be nowhere near Vidic/Ferdinand level I suspect he'll be dependable at worst for us.

Smores

Well done Woody, wasted two summers and finally got a top CB by just paying whatever it is the other club wanted :lol:

Good signing though, happy with this. Hood profile of player i can get behind.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Not the biggest fan in the world.

However, De Gea, Shaw, Smalling, Jones, Lindelof, AWB, Young, Dalot and Maguire seem to be a very good mix of defenders on paper. Hope he adds a threat on corners!

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Ok, solid work Ed. I can confirm that Kermit and his legion of muppets are smiling. But wrap up Bruno and dybala and there will be BBC news reports of spontaneous muppet combustion all across the globe.

The clock is ticking Sir Ed - dont let us down
I'll have a Muppettattack if that all happens mate :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.