Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

worldinmotion66

Not the right player or the right price in my opinion, but I do think we'll see more from Lindelof playing on the right, at least. Maguire will help with playing from the back and in set pieces at both ends, but his lack of pace is a real concern. I love his attitude though and his desire to be here.

soulfox63

Great, this saga has been going on almost as long as Coronation Street. Hope Brendan spends the money wisely.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
It's over now. Time to start supporting our new CB. He's surely better than any of the other 6 CBs. Better in the air, confident on the ball. Best is: wants to be at OT and win things. Glad the saga's over.
Very true and well put

minh_loc_xoay

So happy this is over. We finally have a top class defence
I remember when we signed Di Maria and Falcao in one summer we thought we had a top-class attack with Rooney - Persie - Falcao - Di Maria - Januzaj.

Guess how that turned out... So I’m really cautious with words like “top-class” or so.

Sing you a song

For the first time since Rio and Vidic we now have a leader at the back along with an actual right back . Happy days the back 4 now picks itself add another CM and a sprinkle of stardust in the shape of Dybala and we can be excited about our prospects again .

ChaddyP

I remember when we signed Di Maria and Falcao in one summer we thought we had a top-class attack with Rooney - Persie - Falcao - Di Maria - Januzaj.

Guess how that turned out... So I’m really cautious with words like “top-class” or so.
feck off

MUFC OK

May advice to you all: It's done, get behind him, don't mention the fee and be glad we strengthened in a position that has been a disaster for the past 6/7 years. We now have a very good and young CB pairing.

Going into the season rotating Smalling and Jones with Lindelof just wasnt an option - that was what we had last season and look at how it went. Happy with our defence now. On to Dybala/Bruno.

Josep Dowling

I wonder what all the Leicester fans think now? They've been telling us all week it wasn’t going to happen.

I wouldn’t usually gloat but some of them have been unbearable since this transfer saga began.

Smores

This can't be that far from the amount we spent on defence between Moyes/LvG/Jose put together?

Brian Eclair

Whenever I've watched him he's reminded me a bit of Jaap Stam, not the quickest but so aerially dominant and strong. If he's half as good as Jaap I think we'll be well happy. Good signing, is he worth 80m of course not, its silly money but I'd rather have the money on the pitch rather than in the Glazers pockets.

marktan

Says who?

We could very easily end up with another signing before the window shuts.

Dybala would be a godsend :drool:
Our max spend in prrvious summers under Ed has been £150m, I'd be really surprised to see it go above that. Maybe if we sell Lukaku.

Personally would like to see a DM for around £40m and a RW for about £50m and we'd be in top shape, but unlikely given only 6 days of the window left open.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I wonder what all the Leicester fans think now? They've been telling us all week it wasn’t going to happen.

I wouldn’t usually gloat but some of them have been unbearable since this transfer saga began.
:lol: It's going to be a fox hunt on Redcafe! where's my hounds at?

Rish Sawhney

So basically we should never be optimistic going into a season ever since we had bad seasons in the past despite the optimism. God sometimes I wonder how this club survived getting relegated without all the fans just offing themselves.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
For the first time since Rio and Vidic we now have a leader at the back along with an actual right back . Happy days the back 4 now picks itself add another CM and a sprinkle of stardust in the shape of Dybala and we can be excited about our prospects again .
Agree, but not sure about Dybala and think Fernandes might be better for us.

But in Maguire we have a solid CB who can bring the ball out of defence, something only Lindelof can also do of all the other CBs.

It's an awful lot to pay, but it improves us defensively hugely.

witchtrials

If this is happening we surely have to move at least one of our centre backs on - starting the season with Maguire, Lindelöf, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Bailly and Tuanzebe all in the squad would just be ludicrous.

UpWithRivers

Have to remember that he is the right character as well. After all our downing tools incidents and the when you look at the team you struggle to see leaders or someone who can take the captains armband we now have one. This is very important especially with our fragile team. Good signing. Our defence now seems solid. Time to sort out RW and midfield and sell some players

DoomSlayer

I bet we won't hear much from them, until Maguire makes a mistake or we get into another transfer saga with them. :D

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Great signing I think.

Next summer we can sign any young CB like Upamecano and ease them into the team.

Jones,Smalling,Rojo will be moved on.

Dozer

He's 26, which is almost 27, which is almost 30. Too old.

I jest... Yes he's overpriced but that's only of any consequence if it prevents us from making other signings. It remains to be seen if that's the case, but getting Fernandes and another attacker in (assuming Lukaku goes) would suggest otherwise. Let's see...

Skills

Snitch
Have to remember that he is the right character as well. After all our downing tools incidents and the when you look at the team you struggle to see leaders or someone who can take the captains armband we now have one. This is very important especially with our fragile team. Good signing. Our defence now seems solid. Time to sort out RW and midfield and sell some players
You're talking about the guy who downed tools to force a move out of Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.