Has political correctness actually gone mad?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's also easier to just call it the same thing no matter who's playing. Same graphic, same wording on the little trophy etc.
Yeah, player of the match sounds fine to me. These pointless gestures just annoy me a bit with the Qatar world cup coming up and Qatar not exactly being an inclusive paradise of inclusivity.

We all love inclusivity, unless your misogynist regime gives us a giant bag of money.

Withnail

Yeah, player of the match sounds fine to me. These pointless gestures just annoy me a bit with the Qatar world cup coming up and Qatar not exactly being an inclusive paradise of inclusivity.

We all love inclusivity, unless your misogynist regime gives us a giant bag of money.
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't really see the connection between the TV stations making this change and FIFA making corrupt decisions on the destination of the WC.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't really see the connection between the TV stations making this change and FIFA making corrupt decisions on the destination of the WC.
There isn't really. It's just the reason why my initial response to the subject was a bit prickly (not sure if that's a word). I would love to see fundamental changes with regards to inclusivity instead of these superficial things. I suppose it's not the BBC's fault the world cup is in Qatar :wenger:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Sound strategy. It is well known that when you simply don't talk about bad things, they cease to exist.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Does the Sanna Marin thing fit this thread? Or is being politically correct ok if you're a prude conservative cnut?

Sweet Square

Does the Sanna Marin thing fit this thread? Or is being politically correct ok if you're a prude conservative cnut?
I’ve got left wing politics but I want her sacked tbh. I mean who the hell is dancing to Black Eyes Peas - I’ve got a feeling in 2022.

No style, get rid.

NotThatSoph

I’ve got left wing politics but I want her sacked tbh. I mean who the hell is dancing to Black Eyes Peas - I’ve got a feeling in 2022.

No style, get rid.
I've Got a Feeling is the new The Final Countdown, whether that's good or bad is up for interpretation but after 40 years it was due a change.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I've Got a Feeling is the new The Final Countdown, whether that's good or bad is up for interpretation but after 40 years it was due a change.
My first memory of the Final Countdown is it being the goal tune for a Scandinavian Ice hockey team at the Olympics. Think it was Sweden... Not sure which Olympics though. Maybe 88? Always been in awe of the song because of it somehow.

NotThatSoph

My first memory of the Final Countdown is it being the goal tune for a Scandinavian Ice hockey team at the Olympics. Think it was Sweden... Not sure which Olympics though. Maybe 88? Always been in awe of the song because of it somehow.
My last memory, so far, is from last saturday when a group of 50 year olds belted it out with impressive volume and an interesting form of tune. I hope it's my somewhat younger I've Got a Feeling neighbours' turn to have a party next weekend.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Last edited:

Tarrou

I wouldn’t call her a grifting parasite.. maybe a descendant of violent and grifting parasites.. calling her that diminishes how expertly the monarchy have used their power to control and manipulate an entire nation to the point of worshipping their own captors

but that’s just me

Irwin99

Seriously how did anyone NOT guess that Velma was a lesbian? I mean, i can't be the only one that thought it :confused: