Hazard or Bale

Who is the better player and attacker?

• Total voters

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Depends on the system you play. When both are on song they are equally as good.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bale, it's really not close

Hazard looks the more naturally talented, but i'm actually not so sure anymore that is the case. And if he is, then it's mentality that's letting him down

Either way, Bale is better. Hazard's two years younger though, still time for him to make that final leap. Assuming he has it in him

Robertd0803

Bale. He just has that something extra about him. The constant injuries would be a major factor in favour of Hazard though.

And at least Bale has never kicked a ball boy :lol::lol:

Zoo

Undoubtedly Bale, he has done it in two leagues, Europe and at international level. It's not even close.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Depends on what you need: A pacey final third playmaker with important contributions to earlier stages of possession? Hazard.

A pacey, physically dominant goalscorer with a well-rounded overall game? Bale.

Both are elite level, but they have very different characteristics, so to me it's mainly a matter of the player type you want.

Another thing: The idea that Bale has been a consistent performer over the last seasons is a myth. He is awesome now, but for Real he is in this form only since little more than a year. Under Ancelotti and Benitez he had difficulties finding his game. Great highlight plays, mixed overall performances. He's great since Zidane took over, but every time he has a brilliant run of form, he gets injured shortly afterwards. So reliability is certainly an issue.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bale has done more in his career at the moment, he's won a shed load of honours and has been brilliant for Real (he was poor for them at one point however)
Whereas Hazard hasn't achieved nearly as much. At the end of their careers I think Hazard may end up being the better player, but it's close at the minute they're both brilliant. If either fancy coming to United they'd be more than welcome to.

Needham

Hazard has the cooler name. Think about it.
Eden.
Hazard.
But I can see Bale running the length of the Old Trafford pitch.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Bale has clearly delivered a more impressive portfolio of performances on the big stage. I think they're both susceptible to poor bouts of form, with Hazard looking like a wet lettuce for most of last season, and Bale prone to looking a bit clueless against some deep and organised defences. Bale probably masks that poor form better because he's still capable of popping up with big goals, whereas Hazard isn't quite as resilient IMO. At the same time and in fairness to the Belgian, Hazard can suffer reputationally from comparing his goal return with other wide forwards, when really his influence primarily results from his nimble dribbling and creative play.

red_devil83

Like a lot of people have stated, I think Hazard has more talent but Bale is like a Ronaldo-lite. He's super effective and driven. Definitely take Bale.

Rossa

Bale. Talent wise should be Hazard but that's maybe because he aesthetically looks the more gifted player but in terms of effectiveness and brilliance in big games.. ability to produce on grandest stages it isn't close.
This.
I do think a lot of players are actually judged on aesthetics instead of their actual effectiveness. Bale is a scaled down version of Ronaldo and has moulded his game on that - it works.

Righteous Steps

Hazard is such an overrated player. I cant believe we have this thread comparing him with Bale.

On the other, two years back he was being companre to Ronaldo and Messi so the opinion on him is headed in the right direction at least.

Robben/Ribery level player, one level below Neymar/Bale and two levels below Ronaldo/Messi.
The notion that Roben and Ribery are a level below Neymar and Bale is laughable, and more bias in regards to the two big Spanish teams.

Righteous Steps

This.
I do think a lot of players are actually judged on aesthetics instead of their actual effectiveness. Bale is a scaled down version of Ronaldo and has moulded his game on that - it works.
If were talking about 'effectiveness' Hazard has won 2 leagues in 3 seasons, both in which he is one of the best players in the league, he is very effective, if we're talking about stats then thats another story, but you have to remember the composition of the teams Bale and Hazard play for are different, Bale is playing for a team which blitzes the league and plays open expansive football, Hazard especially in the season Chelsea won the league had a greater role for his team than just padding stats against the minnows, he was the hub of the team as a playmaker as a creator and as a scorer, this gets overlooked nearly every time when this discussion is brought up.

Righteous Steps

Bale, it's really not close

Hazard looks the more naturally talented, but i'm actually not so sure anymore that is the case. And if he is, then it's mentality that's letting him down

Either way, Bale is better. Hazard's two years younger though, still time for him to make that final leap. Assuming he has it in him
It really is close, unless you think Bale is very close to Messi....

To say its not close is hilarious, Hazard is one of the better players in the world and he doesn't play for teams anywhere near as attacking or expansive as the ones Bale and Neymar do.

Righteous Steps

Depends on what you need: A pacey final third playmaker with important contributions to earlier stages of possession? Hazard.

A pacey, physically dominant goalscorer with a well-rounded overall game? Bale.

Both are elite level, but they have very different characteristics, so to me it's mainly a matter of the player type you want.

Another thing: The idea that Bale has been a consistent performer over the last seasons is a myth. He is awesome now, but for Real he is in this form only since little more than a year. Under Ancelotti and Benitez he had difficulties finding his game. Great highlight plays, mixed overall performances. He's great since Zidane took over, but every time he has a brilliant run of form, he gets injured shortly afterwards. So reliability is certainly an issue.
Exactly.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
Both have had very different roles to play in the teams. Hazard has been a playmaker for Lille and last 3 seasons at Chelsea. Bale has only played a direct goal scoring role. He is too selfish to be a playmaker. Hazard can play both ways. Definitely Bale is a better goal scorer probably due to his physical advantage over Hazard. Also, Bale was quite an enigma in the PL and he has the freedom of the world playing for Madrid with Kroos and Madrid feeding him. Hazard has 3 players on him all the time in PL ready to hack him down. I would ideally like both in the team with both on either wings or Hazard playing behind Bale as a SS.

Jaxa

Hazard has never and never will reach the height's Bale did or will, Bale's only achilles heal is that he tend's to get injured quite easily, i'll never forget his last season at Spurs, pure match winner game after game and he's scored in some pretty important games for Madrid too, still gutted he never came here because he had United player written all over him

Righteous Steps

Hazard has never and never will reach the height's Bale did or will, Bale's only achilles heal is that he tend's to get injured quite easily, i'll never forget his last season at Spurs, pure match winner game after game and he's scored in some pretty important games for Madrid too, still gutted he never came here because he had United player written all over him
What heights are those?

AshfordLad

The notion that Roben and Ribery are a level below Neymar and Bale is laughable, and more bias in regards to the two big Spanish teams.
What a daft post. Just look at the sort of numbers Bale and Neymar have been churning out year after year. The likes of Hazard, Robben dont even come close much less Ribery.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
What a daft post. Just look at the sort of numbers Bale and Neymar have been churning out year after year. The likes of Hazard, Robben dont even come close much less Ribery.
Different roles and in less attacking teams. I think Ribery's 2012/13 season is better than anything produced by Neymar and edges Bale's best campaign at Spurs for impact on the big stage. But I'd certainly put Robben at least on par with those two and ahead on career contribution to date.

Righteous Steps

You're the one making daft posts here, the numbers doesn't really do your post any type of justice, why don't you actually go look for yourself.

Frank Grimes

Does anyone remember when there was a Nani or Bale thread. It was hilarious arguing with Nani fans who were convinced Nani was better. Thus wasn't in 2011 even, it was 2013 when it was not even close.