Hazard or Bale

Who is the better player and attacker?

• Total voters

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I've noticed in a lot of threads that there seems to be a fairly even split on which is the better player, and I'm wondering what the general consensus is.

Chip

Gareth Bale, easily. As good as Hazard is, Bale's simply better. Hazard has never performed at the level Bale did during his last season in the Prem. Sometimes we might forget how good Bale is, because he's constantly being compared to Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez and Neymar.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Bale. Talent wise should be Hazard but that's maybe because he aesthetically looks the more gifted player but in terms of effectiveness and brilliance in big games.. ability to produce on grandest stages it isn't close.

Eddy_JukeZ

Personally think Hazard is more gifted and has more to his game.

I'd pick Hazard, but Bale is more productive and has a better mentality.

Kag

Not overly bothered who's more talented or gifted, or whatever that means. Bale is the better footballer, full stop.

WhoDaGOAT

I'd prefer to watch Hazard.

Bale has always been a bit overrated. Mainly because of his exploits for Wales.

OL29

If I was choosing one for United I'd take Bale. Just feel he has more drive to make an impact. It's close though and Hazard's slightly more pleasing on the eye.

stepic

Bale, easily. I'd worry that Hazard could just disappear randomly like he did last season. I could never see that happen to Bale.

Eddy_JukeZ

Bale, easily. I'd worry that Hazard could just disappear randomly like he did last season. I could never see that happen to Bale.
It has happened to Bale. He wasn't good in 2014-2015 albeit not as extreme as Hazard. Real played their best football without him that season.

And his performance in that season's Clasico at the Nou Camp was one of the best magic acts I've ever seen. Real Madrid fans gave him plenty of abuse from what I remember.

But to his credit, he bounced back very well. I don't know if Hazard would be capable of that at Real Madrid.

WhoDaGOAT

Bale disappeared during his early years. After his hat-trick against Inter, he was still inconsistent until AVB got a hold of him.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I'd go with Bale but I do think it's very close. Hazard can be a magical player at times but Bale is just too consistent and good at what he does.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Hazard is less effective than Bale in terms of scoring, but he's a brilliant creator when it comes to being that pure spark-- basically creating chances out of nothing as evident through his dribbling and flair. I'd even argue that he would link up strongly (compared to Bale) with Modric and Benzema as Bale is much more direct in his mindset/approach to the game. In terms of match winning capabilities, id probably take Bale. But with Hazard, penetrating the 18 would be extremely effective and he would give your attack another dimension.

AllezLesDiables

Hazard by a lot. Most of the Bale replies would be for Hazard had he joined United. Hazard's impact is terribly misunderstood and he doesn't have an all-star team around him like Bale has at Real.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
The man who's about to lead his team to their 2nd PL title in 3 years.

criticalanalysis

Hazard's impact is terribly misunderstood and he doesn't have an all-star team around him like Bale has at Real.
That can be levelled in the opposite direction too no? Bale has performed inspite of the expectations and the demands of his team mates, where the team synergy is much less than compared at Chelsea, where you have a selfless Costa, Matic, Pedro, Willian, Fabregas, Oscar whilst Hazard plays well when the team clicks.

Having said that though, Hazard's style of play means he's a willing contributor and will happily assist all day to your Ronaldos and Benzemas but that that's the same with your Iscos and James.

Righteous Steps

Bale. Talent wise should be Hazard but that's maybe because he aesthetically looks the more gifted player but in terms of effectiveness and brilliance in big games.. ability to produce on grandest stages it isn't close.
You say this based on his performances for Wales?

Macern

Pee pee pants
I can't even believe there is a disagreement on this. Bale is clearly better in my opinion. He has a lot more end product and he's a match winner, always stepping up in the big games. I'm talking about euros and CL knockout stages/finals, Hazard just isn't that good.

msudip060

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard...since he can play both possession based football as well as counter attacking football. Hazard is a better team player and you can depend on him to create magic out of nothing. Bale, imo, is a terrific player too but is limited.His output is better but only when he has space to run into. His passing and buildup is average.Hence, Hazard for me.

Jaybomb

Hazard by a lot. Most of the Bale replies would be for Hazard had he joined United. Hazard's impact is terribly misunderstood and he doesn't have an all-star team around him like Bale has at Real.
? Bale is amazing with Wales....

Righteous Steps

I can't even believe there is a disagreement on this. Bale is clearly better in my opinion. He has a lot more end product and he's a match winner, always stepping up in the big games. I'm talking about euros and CL knockout stages/finals, Hazard just isn't that good.
Hazard is a match winner too and i remember a couple semi finals/finals where Bale was completely shut out incapable of doing anything when not given space...

ravi2

I think Hazard is better and is most likely a future ballon d or winner as well.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Hazard. Both can do a lot of damage on counterattacks when there is spaces to run into but Bale is probably better in these aspects. But for teams parking the bus and denying you space? Hazard is easily more useful.

The only issue with Hazard seems to be that he can't be consistently bothered to perform. If he did, this question would not be asked imo.

Ainu

Hazard in the Premier League (though it's close here), Bale in Europe or on the international stage (it's not even close).

AshfordLad

Hazard is such an overrated player. I cant believe we have this thread comparing him with Bale.

On the other, two years back he was being companre to Ronaldo and Messi so the opinion on him is headed in the right direction at least.

Robben/Ribery level player, one level below Neymar/Bale and two levels below Ronaldo/Messi.