Hazard or Bale

Who is the better player and attacker?

• Total voters

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Bale seems to be an insignificant player for Real Madrid in terms of his impact.
Hazard is the complete opposite for Chelsea, granted Chelsea are not as good as Madrid, but I just feel everyone is still judging Bale by his time at Spurs.

RedStarUnited

Bale seems to be an insignificant player for Real Madrid in terms of his impact.
Hazard is the complete opposite for Chelsea, granted Chelsea are not as good as Madrid, but I just feel everyone is still judging Bale by his time at Spurs.
2 CL's and a 3rd final since he has been there. Before that they were last in a final 10 years or so before.

It was either perfect timing for him to go there or his arrival enabled them to really challenge in the CL.

Cassidy

2 CL's and a 3rd final since he has been there. Before that they were last in a final 10 years or so before.

It was either perfect timing for him to go there or his arrival enabled them to really challenge in the CL.
In the UCL:

16/17: 2 goals and 1 assist
15/16: 0 goals and 1 assist (winners medal)
14/15: 2 goals and 1 assist
13/14: 6 goals and 4 assists (winners medal and winning goal)

Seriously he hasn't been significant in their UCL runs, hes had very little impact for an attacking player, especially the last 3 seasons.
Apart from the 13/14 season.

RedStarUnited

In the UCL:

Seriously he hasn't been significant in their UCL runs, hes had very little impact for an attacking player, especially the last 3 seasons.
That first one was huge though. Madrid were chasing that one for over a decade.

And if i put my devils advocate/fishing hat on....Bale being in the team allowed Ronaldo to have more space and therefore play better and score more.

I get your point though.

Cassidy

That first one was huge though. Madrid were chasing that one for over a decade.

And if i put my devils advocate/fishing hat on....Bale being in the team allowed Ronaldo to have more space and therefore play better and score more.

I get your point though.
Not really. Di Maria and Modric having blinding seasons as well as Ronaldo were the key factors.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Don't think so, I remember Bale and Ronaldo getting in each other's way quite a lot before Zidane took over.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
In the UCL:

Spoken like someone who has no idea what he's talking about. I don't believe you've seen more than 3-4 games from us over those 4 years

Incidentally, we've done really well whenever cristiano wasn't playing. Guess Cristiano doesn't have a big impact for us...:rolleyes:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Maybe in La Liga. But in the CL they were destroying teams on the counter.
It kinda worked in La Liga too imo, sometimes better, sometimes not so much. I just don't think it can be said that Bale actually freed up Ronaldo, as was suggested.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It kinda worked in La Liga too imo, sometimes better, sometimes not so much. I just don't think it can be said that Bale actually freed up Ronaldo, as was suggested.
More like Cris shackled Bale, especially in the second season.

Biggest problem is they're too similar and we don't really have the midfield to support both anymore. Also Cris transition from a 60 meters player into more of a 25 meters player didn't help. Bale is not better than Cristiano, that's his problem with us

dbs235

Hazard is such an overrated player. I cant believe we have this thread comparing him with Bale.

On the other, two years back he was being companre to Ronaldo and Messi so the opinion on him is headed in the right direction at least.

Robben/Ribery level player, one level below Neymar/Bale and two levels below Ronaldo/Messi.
Robben injury-free/on his day can be just as devastating as Neymar/Suarez/Bale.

Walters_19_MuFc

When both are fully fit, it has to be Bale. Consistently does it in big games, and carried/carries a very average Spurs and Wales side. Hazard, in my opinion, could not do that.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Bale and its not even close

Hazard just had one of his best seasons to date and still managed to be anonymous in more games than I can remember

Cassidy

Spoken like someone who has no idea what he's talking about. I don't believe you've seen more than 3-4 games from us over those 4 years

Incidentally, we've done really well whenever cristiano wasn't playing. Guess Cristiano doesn't have a big impact for us...:rolleyes:
I meant in terms of his end end product (if you follow the conversation) and the stats back it up

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Bale has had the better career to date but I'd take Hazard going forward and I don't think its at all close. Bale has lost big parts of the last two seasons to lower body injuries and his ability to stay healthy in the future is a huge question mark. His game is also very reliant on pace and quickness so he is unlikely to age well and could easily turn into a fairly average player once he loses a step and is no longer able to run past defenders or beat them off the dribble in short spaces.

Godiah Rocky Imbukuleh

Robben injury-free/on his day can be just as devastating as Neymar/Suarez/Bale.
Nah. Robben in his element is as good as Messi and better than Ronaldo. Hazard is definitely better than bale. Better close control, better dribbler and fitter.
It is :
Messi
Roanaldo/Suarez
Robben/ Bale/ Hazard/Sanchez/Naymar/ Coutinho

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Comfortably Hazard. Bale has been out of it for about 2 seasons now when he's not playing for Wales. He needs to get fit again to be in any kind of contention.

Hazard was the best player in the league this seasons and two seasons ago. Chelsea's 2 titles are on the back of his individual brilliance.

Number32

Martial doesn't have a similar game to Bale.
not right now, but Martial got the potential that's why i wrote "probably".

U guys were hype when United signed Di Maria because he's clearly better than Coutinho, Sanchez, or even Hazard in 2014. But we didn't really need him tho and his transfer from Real became a laughing stock
we need a proven goal scorer not another playmaker who will make the squad unbalance.

Bojan11

Nah. Robben in his element is as good as Messi and better than Ronaldo. Hazard is definitely better than bale. Better close control, better dribbler and fitter.
It is :
Messi
Roanaldo/Suarez
Robben/ Bale/ Hazard/Sanchez/Naymar/ Coutinho
Coutinho doesn't deserve to be in the same bracket as those guys.

ilovethisgameahahah

Hazard. Bale is a walking injury and has a stupid man bun to hide his baldness, cracking player on his day though.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
The one and only:

Only one that can compete with him is ths guy right here:

Sigma

In the UCL:

In La Liga he has more than a goal every 2 games (54 in 100), which is pretty good considering he plays second fiddle to Ronaldo (i.e. doesn't get to take the majority of free kicks/penalties). He's also been really unlucky with his injuries. Last season he was almost scoring a goal a game (19 in 23 in the league), again injuries didn't help him.

In the Champions League he's pivotal in the big games. Yes, he should be scoring more goals but I'll give you three instances of his importance to Real Madrid UCL:

2013/14
  • Scores the winning goal in the final
2015-16
  • Scores (own goal, but he still made it) the only goal in the semi final victory over Manchester City.
  • Also, earned the free kick from which he assisted (with a header) Ramos' goal in the final.

His big game importance has been also seen in the Copa del Rey where he scored the winning goal again in the 2013/14 final.

I just hope he gets less injuries, as he really is a brilliant player when fit.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Based of ability and compatibility with United, Bale. But, considering he is a bit injury prone, Hazard.