g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Hazard or Bale

Who is the better player and attacker?

• Total voters

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Bale is just another Kaka. He will fade a lot once injuries eradicate his speed (and that process has already started).

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Bale obviously. Hazard is just an inconsistent 1 season wonder living off his 2015 season.

08-09 Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year
09-10 Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year
10-11 Ligue 1 Player of the Year
11-12 Ligue 1 Player of the Year
12-13 Premier League Team of the Year
13-14 Premier League Young Player of the Year
14-15 Premier League Player of the Year
15-16 ...
16-17 Premier League Player of the Year Runner up
This is why it's very hard to understand people who get hung up over one poor season and call him inconsistent. Even more so when he had injury troubles that season.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
Perhaps the question should be re-framed as, "Your a manager and you can buy either Bale or Hazard, which would it be?"
This would then need to take the whole package including injuries into account.

I don't think the WC or Euros offers a fair comparison as Bale is undoubtedly the star man for Wales and everyone tries to get the ball to him.
Hazard plays with a team (Belgium) with a lot of quality players so does not see so much of the ball.

Undoubtedly both players are top quality and can win matches.

Hojoon

Perhaps the question should be re-framed as, "Your a manager and you can buy either Bale or Hazard, which would it be?"
This would then need to take the whole package including injuries into account.

I don't think the WC or Euros offers a fair comparison as Bale is undoubtedly the star man for Wales and everyone tries to get the ball to him.
Hazard plays with a team (Belgium) with a lot of quality players so does not see so much of the ball.

Undoubtedly both players are top quality and can win matches.
Hazard because Bale's not fit half the time.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Hazard has been better than Bale and Neymar this season. He really needs to carry this form into the CL next season

Stacks

Another big game where Bale is an absolute passanger and/or gets injured.

It's insane how many people still rate him above Hazard, a guy that wins points week in and week out. It's also crazy how Zidane insists on picking him over Isco, Asensio or even Morata.
This is why it's very hard to understand people who get hung up over one poor season and call him inconsistent. Even more so when he had injury troubles that season.
Last season Bale had 21 starts 19 league goals 10 assists. Year before 30 starts, 13 goals 9 assists, season before that 24 starts 15 goals 15 assists, then before that (Spurs) 33 starts 21 goals 4 assists. He is also not on penalty duty. Hazards best years are basically Bales worst, thus a fit Bale is clearly better than Hazard. His output per season is always higher for goals contributed to starts. In fact Hazard best equals Bales worst

Exxxcalibur

Supports
Chelsea
Last season Bale had 21 starts 19 league goals 10 assists. Year before 30 starts, 13 goals 9 assists, season before that 24 starts 15 goals 15 assists, then before that (Spurs) 33 starts 21 goals 4 assists. He is also not on penalty duty. Hazards best years are basically Bales worst, thus a fit Bale is clearly better than Hazard. His output per season is always higher for goals contributed to starts. In fact Hazard best equals Bales worst
Bale also plays for Madrid in La liga were it's much easier to have goals and assists, lol be serious. Besides, having better goals/assists doesn't mean - better player.

wr8_utd

:'(
Bale also plays for Madrid in La liga were it's much easier to have goals and assists, lol be serious. Besides, having better goals/assists doesn't mean - better player.
He did get 21 goals at Spurs in a more difficult league and in a team far worse than Madrid.

I think Bale is the better player but with his injury issues this season, he's probably dropped below Hazard for now.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
This is going to depend heavily on if Bale starts declining in terms of his speed.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He did get 21 goals at Spurs in a more difficult league and in a team far worse than Madrid.

I think Bale is the better player but with his injury issues this season, he's probably dropped below Hazard for now.
Good post but logic will never work with people who are biased. Good players perform, no matter the league.

Exxxcalibur

Supports
Chelsea
Good post but logic will never work with people who are biased. Good players perform, no matter the league.
That was nearly 5 years ago. Right now, he's not even better than Isco. Even a young prospect Asensio and an average player like Vasquez are outperforming him these days. He's lost a yard of pace and has become irrelevant at Madrid. Hazard is the centrepiece of his team. He's not in Hazard's league at all. I'll take Sanchez ahead of him right now even.

Ask Madrid fans what they think of Bale and his prospects for the future.

If he comes back to the PL, there's no guarantee this current version of Bale will be among the top players. I read somewhere he's had 17 injuries (and 8 calf injuries) in his Madrid career. Time for Gareth to come back to the Islands.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gareth-bales-17th-injury-joining-10285253

wr8_utd

That was nearly 5 years ago. Right now, he's not even better than Isco. Even a young prospect Asensio and an average player like Vasquez are outperforming him these days. He's lost a yard of pace and has become irrelevant at Madrid. Hazard is the centrepiece of his team. He's not in Hazard's league at all. I'll take Sanchez ahead of him right now even.

If he comes back to the PL, there's no guarantee this current version of Bale will be among the top players. I read somewhere he's had 17 injuries (and 8 calf injuries) in his Madrid career. Time for Gareth to come back to the Islands.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gareth-bales-17th-injury-joining-10285253
But Bale has outscored Hazard in every season and you said it's because he's in Liga but the fact remains that Bale got an amazing 21 goals even at Spurs. Goals definitely don't mean everything but Bale isn't just a fox in the box who just scores and does nothing else all game. Judging Bale on this season and comparing him to Isco is harsh as he's had start stop season because of various injuries.

Stacks

Laziest arguement in the world. Kane would obviously bag 40 league goals if he were in that Madrid side, just like Big Sam would win everything, if he had those players.

But Bale has outscored Hazard in every season and you said it's because he's in Liga but the fact remains that Bale got an amazing 21 goals even at Spurs. Goals definitely don't mean everything but Bale isn't just a fox in the box who just scores and does nothing else all game. Judging Bale on this season and comparing him to Isco is harsh as he's had start stop season because of various injuries.
Nope. Bale is just Franny Jeffers and the moment he left the premier league, he ceased to being a top player. Such is the drop in standard from EPL to La Liga. Bale is practically in Abu Dhabi with Xavi.

Stacks

Madridistas would quickly turn on Hazard too when he doesn't score in every match. They are more fickle than the rabble of Kings Landing

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Nope. Bale is just Franny Jeffers and the moment he left the premier league, he ceased to being a top player. Such is the drop in standard from EPL to La Liga. Bale is practically in Abu Dhabi with Xavi.
Yeah but, there is plenty of people who go the other way on that. I think some here do underrated players who are in the PL. Even with Bale many called him overrated before he left for Real.

AllezLesDiables

If you swap Bale (assuming Bale is healthy) for Hazard is Chelsea in the pole position in the premier league right now? To me that answer is no.

After Messi, Hazard is the best architect in world football, which is demonstrated by sheer volume of quality chances Hazard creates. (Most of any player in the world over the last 5 years)

It comes back to Hazard's gravity and the lack of quality around him. It's not lazy to suggest that Hazard teammates are no where as strong as Bale's.

GrandJury

Hazard is better than Bale and would completely destroy in La Liga.

Missing out on Hazard always makes me feel sad of what could have been. He's vastly underrated by some United fans.

wr8_utd

I think when Bale is on form he's definitely better than Hazard. I guess it also depends on the type of play you want but I'd prefer having Bale on our wings for the pace down the wings and also the ability so shoot and give us 20 goals a season. I'd take Neymar over the both of them though.

wr8_utd

Hazard is better than Bale and would completely destroy in La Liga.

Missing out on Hazard always makes me feel sad of what could have been. He's vastly underrated by some United fans.
We'll see when that happens but so far Bale's best season in the PL was better/as good as Hazard's best in the PL and Bale has also scored in Cup and CL finals and been instrumental in helping Madrid win major titles.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Madridistas would quickly turn on Hazard too when he doesn't score in every match. They are more fickle than the rabble of Kings Landing
To be fair, the rabble of King's Landing has seen some shit. I'd be fickle too if my infant sons were murdered and half the city was blown up with wildfire.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The only thing Bale has over Hazard is athletism which makes him the better athlete. But if we're talking about who is the better FOOTBALLER than Hazard easily.

It's too bad football has now become mostly judged by stats and so better footballers get rated lower than inferior ones, which speaks volume of the likes of Iniesta who still managed to get recognition in these stats driven days despite having mediocre stats.

Put a Madrid shirt on Hazard and everyone would be tipping him as the best around just behind Messi. For some reason he's ridiculously underrated on these boards while Bale is rated way higher above some genuinely better footballer than him in the likes of Neymar or Hazard.

If they take people with no prior knowledge of any of Bale, Hazard or Neymar and get them to watch them, everyone would undoubtedly come to the conclusion that Neymar and Hard are clearly the better footballers. But these days(especially in England) it's all about stats and how powerfully and pacy one can run.

Football simply used to be an art, now not so much. Stats are the reasons why Cristiano Ronaldo is winning ballon d'or while Messi is clearly the better player. People are now looking at football in a vacuum, waiting to see who outscores whom and whose team went the furthest before labeling them as better players.

The genuinely better footballers lose out on true evaluation of their level due to this modern way of looking at football with stats and such.

RedCurry

The only thing Bale has over Hazard is athletism which makes him the better athlete. But if we're talking about who is the better FOOTBALLER than Hazard easily.

It's too bad football has now become mostly judged by stats and so better footballers get rated lower than inferior ones, which speaks volume of the likes of Iniesta who still managed to get recognition in these stats driven days despite having mediocre stats.

Put a Madrid shirt on Hazard and everyone would be tipping him as the best around just behind Messi. For some reason he's ridiculously underrated on these boards while Bale is rated way higher above some genuinely better footballer than him in the likes of Neymar or Hazard.

If they take people with no prior knowledge of any of Bale, Hazard or Neymar and get them to watch them, everyone would undoubtedly come to the conclusion that Neymar and Hard are clearly the better footballers. But these days(especially in England) it's all about stats and how powerfully and pacy one can run.

Football simply used to be an art, now not so much. Stats are the reasons why Cristiano Ronaldo is winning ballon d'or while Messi is clearly the better player. People are now looking at football in a vacuum, waiting to see who outscores whom and whose team went the furthest before labeling them as better players.

The genuinely better footballers lose out on true evaluation of their level due to this modern way of looking at football with stats and such.
But athletisism is a major part of the sport where players are expected to run for 90 minutes nonstop. It is what separates you and I from Messi. I am sure if you slowed the game down to walking pace, we could all become superstars.

There are different ways to score a goal and at the end of the day, if you're comparing two players who are primarily in their teams for goals and assists, why shouldn't their stats matter?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I agree with what you said but still don't get why you quoted me. At their best I'd take Bale over Hazard without hesitiation because Bale has shown a higher level for both club and country. At the moment, Hazard is performing better.

Acquire Me

Bale should stop wasting his career as second fiddle to Ronaldo. He needs to be the main man. Either Bale or Ronaldo need to go.

Stacks

No they wouldn't. not over the last few seasons anyway. Just because Bale has had an injury plagued season, don't forget what he does when on song. Why is Hazard a better footballer when all aspects create a footballer. Having pace and power is an advantage and helps make you a better footballer as it is a sport, so being an athlete is important no? Bale also has great technique, which Zidane alluded to before he even met him. He stated that Bale is the perfect footballer as he combines supreme athleticism with supreme technique.
Bale has a better shot than Hazard from all ranges. They are about as dangerous as each other at dribbling, Hazard has better vision and Bale the better athlete, better in the air, more dangerous from all ranges (long strikes), better FK taker, he just has more weapons/strings to his bow than hazard. Also we in England had the benefit of seeing both in England and I'm sorry but Bales best absolutely shat on Hazard, as if he was a level above. I remember him picking the ball up deep against us, ghosting past Rio and tucking it away. No one could do things like that to United.

Aza Boy

1)He stated that Bale is the perfect footballer as he combines supreme athleticism with supreme technique.

2)Bale has a better shot than Hazard from all ranges. They are about as dangerous as each other at dribbling, Hazard has better vision and Bale the better athlete, better in the air, more dangerous from all ranges (long strikes), better FK taker, 3) he just has more weapons/strings to his bow than hazard. Also we in England had the benefit of seeing both in England and I'm sorry but Bales best absolutely shat on Hazard, as if he was a level above. 4)I remember him picking the ball up deep against us, ghosting past Rio and tucking it away. No one could do things like that to United.
Apologize, mate,

1. I never heard or read the statement...please kindly inform me the source, will you ?
2. Not in the current time, mate...i follow Real Madrid and Barca games at Bein, i noted that most of outside box shoot for Real, done by Kross and Modrid, and sometimes Ascensio. Last thought
3. No, he does not...most of his goal came from long range shooting and heading...and believe me he just hit as hard as he could a la Lampard...Hazard goals mostly from placing shot...
4. Are you talking about Rio after his pass his prime ? Yes of course he can speed up against old bones...no special about that...

In the poor comparison however, based on Playing style, Bale vs Hazard could be described as :

Poor Man Ronaldo vs Poor Man Messi

Hazard should go to Barcelona rather than Madrid...he could express his self with the playing style....

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bale is too high a risk these days with his injuries. Nobody will pay record fee money for somebody who can only play half a season. He's suffering like Giggs did as he's getting older.

Stacks

Apologize, mate,

1. I never heard or read the statement...please kindly inform me the source, will you ?
2. Not in the current time, mate...i follow Real Madrid and Barca games at Bein, i noted that most of outside box shoot for Real, done by Kross and Modrid, and sometimes Ascensio. Last thought
3. No, he does not...most of his goal came from long range shooting and heading...and believe me he just hit as hard as he could a la Lampard...Hazard goals mostly from placing shot...
4. Are you talking about Rio after his pass his prime ? Yes of course he can speed up against old bones...no special about that...

In the poor comparison however, based on Playing style, Bale vs Hazard could be described as :

Poor Man Ronaldo vs Poor Man Messi

Hazard should go to Barcelona rather than Madrid...he could express his self with the playing style....
I generalised the wording however here is the quote “He makes things look easy; his pace is frightening. His acceleration is unbelievable because of his ability to go through the gears in very little space.” “He’s very good technically, which is also important. We must not forget that he plays football very well.” citing he has both the physical and technical
“The best players can have not so great games - but change a game with a moment of brilliance. Those are the sort of players that win you Champions League's and League titles.

“He is already one of the finest player in Europe and he has everything needed to become the best player in the world. It is a bit of a cliche - but it is true you become a better player playing with better players.” Zidane on Bale.

It is much harder to smash a shot and find the back of the net, or the corners than to place it. Hitting it hard, takes far more technique and control as it is a more aggressive action. The more power you put on it, the harder it is to control, unless you have sublime technique. Lampard was an awesome finisher/striker of the ball. Placing the ball is easy as pie. A newbie footballer could place the ball as it is as complex as passing the ball to your teammate from 10 yards which is a very easy skill. Bales finishes are more difficult skill (striking with power) and he scores more of them so his shooting technique must be superior. Shooting from range is by far the hardest skill in football also. You've got this backwards mate.

The same Rio that was good enough to make the team of the year. Evra got burned also.
The Ronaldo vs Messi debate doesn't stand since the levels of goalscoring aren't comparable with Hazard and Bale. Also Bale has performed at far higher levels and scored in finals (solo goal vs Barca fricking lona) Champions league final, and wrecked the Euros. Thats more reminiscent of Ronald and Messi. Hazard....well........

D2Z

Supports
Undercover "Chelsea fan" ;)
Bale should stop wasting his career as second fiddle to Ronaldo. He needs to be the main man. Either Bale or Ronaldo need to go.
That would require for Bale to stay healthy for more then 5 games.

GrandJury

We'll see when that happens but so far Bale's best season in the PL was better/as good as Hazard's best in the PL and Bale has also scored in Cup and CL finals and been instrumental in helping Madrid win major titles.
The reason Chelsea won the title in 2015 was due to Hazard scoring/assisting that winning goal to make it 1-0/2-1, I recall so many games him doing that. This season Chelsea are going to win the league and again, without Hazard I don't think they'd be winning it.

The Champions League Hazard does need to step up his game, however Madrid have a much better team than Chelsea and Hazard in that team would be ridiculous.

Between Hazard and Bale I'd easily pick Hazard.

Son Of Sam

Bale is the better player, full stop!

I have seen both players in their respective clubs and it's neck and neck. However, Bale has single-handedly dragged Wales to greatness while Hazard, in spite of the wealth of talents that surround him in Belgium, has consistently failed to perform for his country.

Bale can pretty much do everything Hazard can do on the pitch but Hazard cannot do some of the things that made Bale a great player. The only advantage Hazard has over Bale is durability. Hazard rarely misses games due to injuries. Bale is a sick-note.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Bale is the better player, full stop!

I have seen both players in their respective clubs and it's neck and neck. However, Bale has single-handedly dragged Wales to greatness while Hazard, in spite of the wealth of talents that surround him in Belgium, has consistently failed to perform for his country.

Bale can pretty much do everything Hazard can do on the pitch but Hazard cannot do some of the things that made Bale a great player. The only advantage Hazard has over Bale is durability. Hazard rarely misses games due to injuries. Bale is a sick-note.
Ramsey and Joe Allen will have something to say about that. Their form during their qualifying campaign and during the Euros was on another level to Bales. Bale scored the important goals to his credit, but that team have a lot more in them as a group. Bale in a lot of the games is like a man down losing the ball a lot but then gets the ball in the net and looks a hero.

The Purley King

With both at their best I think Bale is the more effective player, but he's just so fragile. Eventually all these muscular injuries will catch up with him and he'll lose a yard or two if he hasn't already.
For that reason, would have to plump for Hazard.

Son Of Sam

Ramsey and Joe Allen will have something to say about that. Their form during their qualifying campaign and during the Euros was on another level to Bales. Bale scored the important goals to his credit, but that team have a lot more in them as a group. Bale in a lot of the games is like a man down losing the ball a lot but then gets the ball in the net and looks a hero.
Fellaini has contributed more to Belgium than Hazard. We are talking about Eden Hazard that has only 5 champions league goals in his entire career, about 3 of them are from penalties - making 2 open play goals in gazillion number of CL games.

Hazard is overrated.

Aidan Azar

Supports
Chelsea
Did people even watch Hazard in the Euros? He had a very good tournament. Bale scored a couple of free kicks due to poor goalkeeping but didn't do a lot else, this idea that he carried Wales is a complete myth.

RedDevil@84

Bale said they usually need to play for only 45 mins in most matches and then relax.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Bale is essentially the current version Ronaldo without the output. He seems to have lost the burst of speed including the minimal dribbling ability he had.