Hazard or Bale

Who is the better player and attacker?

• Total voters

Exxxcalibur

Supports
Chelsea
Bale is the better player, full stop!

I have seen both players in their respective clubs and it's neck and neck. However, Bale has single-handedly dragged Wales to greatness while Hazard, in spite of the wealth of talents that surround him in Belgium, has consistently failed to perform for his country.

Bale can pretty much do everything Hazard can do on the pitch but Hazard cannot do some of the things that made Bale a great player. The only advantage Hazard has over Bale is durability. Hazard rarely misses games due to injuries. Bale is a sick-note.
:wenger::wenger::wenger::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Fellaini has contributed more to Belgium than Hazard. We are talking about Eden Hazard that has only 5 champions league goals in his entire career, about 3 of them are from penalties - making 2 open play goals in gazillion number of CL games.

Hazard is overrated.
By his fellow players and the media who give him player of the year for every year of his career basically? Im pretty sure they have a clue what they are talking about considering its their profession. Hazard over Bale for me every day of the week. Bale can do something now and again but pretty often hes wasteful. We can agree to disagree but I wouldn't take Bale now, hes a crock with a long shot these days. Watched Real against Bayern the first leg he looked so out of his depth lol

shabz

Currently Hazard is playing the better by far but I can't remember the last time Bale has been fully fit, he is always being rushed back from injuries and now seems like he is out for the season. A fully fit bale is so dangerous to play against, the speed and stamina he possesses is unreal and is nightmare to defend against. People have short memories in football and are happy to write players off without looking at all the factors into why a decline in form has taken place. We will see a better Bale next season when he has had the summer off and had time to fully heal.

Exxxcalibur

Supports
Chelsea

Bale needs to show superiority over Isco first and stop getting outperformed by Asensio and Vasquez. The comparison with Hazard is just laughable at this point and it's from people who rarely watch both players play for their respective clubs these days. It's not 2013 anymore folks.

Stacks

The reason Chelsea won the title in 2015 was due to Hazard scoring/assisting that winning goal to make it 1-0/2-1, I recall so many games him doing that. This season Chelsea are going to win the league and again, without Hazard I don't think they'd be winning it.

The Champions League Hazard does need to step up his game, however Madrid have a much better team than Chelsea and Hazard in that team would be ridiculous.

Between Hazard and Bale I'd easily pick Hazard.
Costa did nothing, nor did Cesc, build up that massive lead. In Chelsea last 10 league matches, Hazard only scored 4 and grabbed 3 assists. He maybe scored the winner in 2 or 3 games. He was grossly exaggerated and I remember always feeling he weren't so great for a POTY winner, in fact one of the luckiest to win, considering he is a penalty taker for many goals, as opposed to actual brilliance.
The Hazard VS Bale debate is as hotly contested as Ronaldo Vs Messi. What about throwing Neymar into this or Reus (he has been very good on return.) Welbeck perhaps??
By his fellow players and the media who give him player of the year for every year of his career basically? Im pretty sure they have a clue what they are talking about considering its their profession. Hazard over Bale for me every day of the week. Bale can do something now and again but pretty often hes wasteful. We can agree to disagree but I wouldn't take Bale now, hes a crock with a long shot these days. Watched Real against Bayern the first leg he looked so out of his depth lol
How was Hazard in that game in the cham.......oh wait

Currently Hazard is playing the better by far but I can't remember the last time Bale has been fully fit, he is always being rushed back from injuries and now seems like he is out for the season. A fully fit bale is so dangerous to play against, the speed and stamina he possesses is unreal and is nightmare to defend against. People have short memories in football and are happy to write players off without looking at all the factors into why a decline in form has taken place. We will see a better Bale next season when he has had the summer off and had time to fully heal.
Here here. People have frivalous opinions. So last season, Bale was the better player because Hazard was dog****. Now that Bale is wounded, Hazard is suddenly better now
:rolleyes:

Bale needs to show superiority over Isco first and stop getting outperformed by Asensio and Vasquez. The comparison with Hazard is just laughable at this point and it's from people who rarely watch both players play for their respective clubs these days. It's not 2013 anymore folks.
such a minute sample size. how was Hazard last season with his 4 league goals and no injuries to slow him down? Bale has far better numbers over the past 4 seasons so this isn't a good idea you latching onto their numbers pal. This is fake news!

Last edited:

Son Of Sam

Bale won 2 POTY awards too when he was in the PL and he did with a Spurs team with little or no talents around him.

Mr.Kaya

Hazard for sure. Not only because Bale is injured way too much, but because I tink Hazard is a better player simple. The only thing Bale beats him on is speed and physical appereance.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Did people even watch Hazard in the Euros? He had a very good tournament.
Indeed, he and De Bruyne were everything to Belgium's offensive play. Hazard's output in most statistical categories was even better than in his current PL season.
http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...ful_take_ons_%/fouls_suffered/tackles_won#avg

Fellaini has contributed more to Belgium than Hazard.
Bale can pretty much do everything Hazard can do on the pitch but Hazard cannot do some of the things that made Bale a great player. The only advantage Hazard has over Bale is durability.
I've included both players in that EURO comparison above. And while stats shouldn't be trusted blindly, these ones nevertheless clearly show that Hazard
a) contributed way more offensively than Fellaini (who only played 1/3 of all possible minutes btw)
b) comfortably trumped Bale in all playmaking aspects

I have no problem with people preferring Bale and highlighting his obvious advantages in certain areas. But I can't understand why some people deny that Hazard as well has abilities that Bale doesn't have.

Mr.Kaya

So Hazard has a better shot/finishing, he just happens to not use these powers as much? gotcha
He does indeed. Did you see his goal vs Spurs? Bale might have more powerful shots, but Hazard is still a way smarter and better at positioning his shots.

Dobbs

I don't watch too much Spanish football but are Real still consistently using Bale on the right?

MphoG

Am I the only that thinks Hazard is a bit of a homer ?. A huge chuck of his goals and assists are at Stamford Bridge where he gets too much "protection" from the refs as we saw in the Fa Cup quarter final. From the 24 goals he's contributed to this season (assists and goals) only 7 of those come outside of Stamford bridge and only 1 is against oppo in the top 10 of the league.

Bale on on the other hand has done it against top opposition home and away for years. Yes he does get injured a lot, but when he is fully fit and at his best, I would chose the Welshman everyday of the week. To me he is a far more superior player

Kostur

海尔的老板
Am I the only that thinks Hazard is a bit of a homer ?. A huge chuck of his goals and assists are at Stamford Bridge where he gets too much "protection" from the refs as we saw in the Fa Cup quarter final. From the 24 goals he's contributed to this season (assists and goals) only 7 of those come outside of Stamford bridge and only 1 is against oppo in the top 10 of the league.

Bale on on the other hand has done it against top opposition home and away for years. Yes he does get injured a lot, but when he is fully fit and at his best, I would chose the Welshman everyday of the week. To me he is a far more superior player
13 out of 19 goals last season for Bale were at home too. 0 goals against City, Atletico, Barcelona, Wolfsburg, Roma, Shakhtar (all three in CL). Played twice against Sevilla, home and away, scored one goal home.

Season earlier, 9 out of 17 at home, scored 0 against Atletico (played 5 times la'), 0 against Barcelona (played just once), 0 against Schalke, merely 30 minutes against Liverpool, as mentioned 0 against Atletico and 0 against Juve (all in CL). Last time he scored in CL that season was Ludogorets in CL group, earlier he scored against Basel. Hasn't scored against Sevilla (played 3 times, Supercup and 2 times in the league).

Think it's just his first 13/14 season when he was doing very well, scoring against Atletico and Barcelona in the Copa del Rey and CL final iirc.

Last edited:

jungledrums

I'd take Hazard over Bale given Bale's injury problems. On effectiveness alone, it's pretty close.

beckbeck

:lol: People are still saying Bale is better in twenty-fecking-seventeen..

El Zoido

In full fitness, Bale is the better player. In real terms you're better off with a player that isn't on the physio table 50% of the time.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Both of them have cons that outweigh the pros at the moment, Hazard seemingly doesn't have the drive to take him to the next level and whilst Bale does, his fitness is just ruining him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bale is inconsistent as feck and always injured. Capable of being world class though. Hazard has way more talent, more reliable fitness wise but also inconsistent. As a winger, hazard is better, as more of a forward to get you goals, bale is better.

Gonçalo Motta

Isnt an hard choice at all. I would take Hazard in any day of the week over Bale.

2/3 of Bale's season are spent either injured or recovering form after an injury. Bale is world class when he is 100% tho but that is barely 1/3 of the season

gibers

They are different players. Hazard can perform not being the main man whilst Bale is a terrible side piece. Bale was shocking in his first season and looked like a headless chicken but had 2 important goals now people are making it out like he was some great success. Fans were calling for him to be benched. It's no coincidence that Madrid have played their best football when Bale has been injured. Under Ancelotti in the 442 when they went unbeaten and now when they reached another CL final with him largely absent. His basics are below that of all his other team-mates and when he isn't running into space he looks subpar compared to everyone in his team. If Bale starts the final I expect Madrid to lose.

The problem is he is Flo's galactico so he has to play every game. Madrid have played best when the BBC weren't all on the field.

Overall, Hazard is a much better footballer but Bale is a better forward and goal scorer. A poor man's Messi vs Ronaldo.

Last edited:

Number32

Hazard is better player last season, but Bale is the better player for us.

The problem is how to create a great team around Rashford and Martial. we have so much players with similar style of play with Hazard
Mkhytaryan, Mata, A. Perreira, and probably Josh Harrop. Im not saying they are better but they couldn't play all together around Rashford.
Bale is a unique talent, only Martial will probably has the same style.

Don't make another mistake for buying unnecessary players like Di Maria, Falcao, ect.

D2Z

Supports
Undercover "Chelsea fan" ;)
People voting for Bale over Hazard :lol:

Hawks2008

The only thing Bale has over Hazard is his physical abilities (speed, strength, height), give me Hazard any day.

Zii

The only thing Bale has over Hazard is his physical abilities (speed, strength, height), give me Hazard any day.
Better heading, better shooting, better pace, better workrate, better crossing, better long distance shots, better free kicks.

Hazzard is an amazing player he can dribble and fall on the floor better I'll give him that. But to say bale has nothing over hazzard is a joke. Bale has hit higher peaks then hazzard ever will

AgentP

People rate Bale higher than Hazard on here but then won't swap him for De Gea.

leontas

If I'm choosing a player for a single game, then Bale. But over a whole season, I'd take Hazard simply because he'd actually be able to play.

RedStarUnited

Bales always injured.
Hazard doesn't maximize his full potential.

Its a hard choice but id pick the guy who is at least available to play most of the time.

But Hazard is very over rated because he plays in Prem. Neymar is leagues ahead of him in every aspect.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Bales always injured.
Hazard doesn't maximize his full potential.

Its a hard choice but id pick the guy who is at least available to play most of the time.

But Hazard is very over rated because he plays in Prem. Neymar is leagues ahead of him in every aspect.
He is also leagues ahead of Bale