Television Homeland | Season 5 spoilers

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I started watching this last night but unfortunately, after a hard week's work, I was wrecked tired and feel asleep after the first half hour. I wasn't blown away by any means and nothing interesting of note happened. Is it worth sticking with?

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I spent most of this series being almost completely in love with Claire Danes. Right up there with Adriana La Cerva as far as television actress eloping fantasies go (I know the woman that plays Adriana isn't all that in real life before anyone says it....).

Buchan

Okay, I've watched three episodes of this now, and to be honest, I am not getting absorbed in it at all. It's moving at a snail's pace (feck all of note happened in the second episode) and some of the characters are among the most annoying I've ever seen on any television show (namely that blonde CIA operative).

I'll watch another few episodes before I make a conclusive judgement, but the jury's still out as far as I'm concerned. Does it improve much as the series wears on?

Buchan

I know, the bitch is practically in every scene. And being a whiny bitch whilst she's at it.

I understand that shows need to have some character development in order for the audience to "connect" with them, but literally feck all has happened so far and it feels all I've watching is conversation between Brody's family members. Yawn.

Ivor Ballokov

Okay, I've watched three episodes of this now, and to be honest, I am not getting absorbed in it at all. It's moving at a snail's pace (feck all of note happened in the second episode) and some of the characters are among the most annoying I've ever seen on any television show (namely that blonde CIA operative).

I'll watch another few episodes before I make a conclusive judgement, but the jury's still out as far as I'm concerned. Does it improve much as the series wears on?
You may prefer season 2 in that case.

Buchan

Also, they're codding nobody with these "cliff-hanger" endings of theirs. feck all happens for 48 minutes and then for the last two minutes, they'll introduce some sort of a twist that they think will astonish the viewers. Amateur hour stuff.

It better start improving soon. Rant over.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
You're obviously too dim to take it all in so just stop bothering with it. Season 1 is easily one of the best TV series in recent years.

Buchan

You're obviously too dim to take it all in so just stop bothering with it. Season 1 is easily one of the best TV series in recent years.
Wow. Fan-boi, I take it? Have I hit a nerve?

Forgive me for not enjoying this ultra-sophisticated television show. It obviously means I am of an inferior intelligence level to you. However, I am content in the Knowledge that at least I Know the difference between capital and lower-case letters, though...

If you want boring explosions and stupid stories, go and watch 24.
:lol:

Where did I say I wanted "boring explosions and stupid stories"? I haven't watched five minutes of 24 in my life, as that doesn't interest me one bit. I just find the show really underwhelming and not reaching the heights I was led to believe it did. In fact, to contradict your arrogant assertion that only intelligent people understand this oh-so complex plot, I think the writers are taking their audience for fools. The plot-holes and ridiculous scenes, and decisions taken by the characters are incredible. The scene where
Carrie's asset was shot outside the nightclub and Carrie and Virgil were tracking her location was absurd. The asset's location hadn't moved from the nightclub and when Carrie and Virgil got there, instead of keeping their distance and assessing the situation from a safe distance in order to not being identified, Carrie insisted Virgil drive at 50mph into the alleyway. Absolute shite. Why would she do that and put her asset's life in jeopardy? How was she to know that the asset wasn't just sitting in the car waiting to be driven to the meeting she told Carrie she was going to? That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

I understand the show needs drama and tension to involve viewers, but that scene alone (and there has been others examples of ridiculous scenes) insults the intelligence of viewers. Or maybe they're not dim enough to "take it all in".

Buchan

On to episode 7 now with this. The storyline is getting more bizarre and implausible by the minute. I'll continue watching as I've invested quite a bit of time in this now, but I don't see what all the hype was about it. Decent show about an interesting topic; it could have been much better.

Cina

It's excellent up until around two episodes into season two where the writers realize they've completely run out of plot and it just turns into an absolute mess of a show.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I loved it all right up until Abu Nazir kidnapped Carrie. That was just fecking stupid.

wr8_utd

:'(
The season premiere has leaked and is available online. Just watching it now

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Thats an early one, it isnt out for a month or so is it? I think i am going to resist temptation on this one as Homeland love a cliffhanger and I dont fancy waiting an age for the next episode.

GingerPrince11

Thats an early one, it isnt out for a month or so is it? I think i am going to resist temptation on this one as Homeland love a cliffhanger and I dont fancy waiting an age for the next episode.
Didn't realize that the premier's a month away, I just finished it. Good episode, the quality of the leak is good, only thing missing were the cgi effects (nothing major really).

Cina

The daughter blossomed ...
Lovely bottom.

Just for anyone wondering, the leaked episode is very watchable, just missing a bit of CGI at one point and voices are dubbed twice.

Decent episode.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I sort of lost interest at the end of season 2 but decided I'd give the new episode a go. The plot has just become very repetitive and the characters are just dull, tiresome or annoying now. The central theme of the new series is stupid and just highlights previous feckups in the writing. I'm out.

MoneyMay

I sort of lost interest at the end of season 2 but decided I'd give the new episode a go. The plot has just become very repetitive and the characters are just dull, tiresome or annoying now. The central theme of the new series is stupid and just highlights previous feckups in the writing. I'm out.
This. I stopped watching after viewing 10 minutes of E1, season 2.