Film Horror Films

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Do people actually get scared from horror films?
I can't think of one film that has scared me, even when watching them as a kid.
Yes, but I love them

I can't even watch a horror in the cinema, I like to be in control so I can turn the sound down.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Yes, but I love them

I can't even watch a horror in the cinema, I like to be in control so I can turn the sound down.
Cinema is alright. Lots of people there to ruin the immersion of the experience.

gza the genius

Just watched The Others based on recommendations from this thread and was very disappointed. It was good but at no point did I get remotely scared.

I'm hoping for better results tomorrow with The Descent.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
So 2 and 3 are worth watching?
I think they're all good in their own style, even 4. Second one is really a pure action film, the third is a bit of a mess (Fincher's first film which the studio really messed with, huge differences between the original cut and the 'final cut' which isn't a director's cut, I've only ever seen that one), and the 4th is silly but has Jeunet's personality all over it and it works quite well, I thought. A cracking series of films.

Have you seen Prometheus?

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I had to do a case study on The Descent for school.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I think they're all good in their own style, even 4. Second one is really a pure action film, the third is a bit of a mess (Fincher's first film which the studio really messed with, huge differences between the original cut and the 'final cut' which isn't a director's cut, I've only ever seen that one), and the 4th is silly but has Jeunet's personality all over it and it works quite well, I thought. A cracking series of films.

Have you seen Prometheus?
Cool stuff.

Nope, haven't seen it.

I watched it and it was great :D

Stringer

Prometheus isn't great but it's better than Alien Resurrection. That film is horrendous.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I watched the Prometheus trailer at least 100 times... i was so hyped.

watched the movie twice... first at the cinema the normal cut (meh). Then i watched the director's cut, and its better.

disappointed that the awesomeness of the trailer didn't translate to an equally awesome movie. This shit actress Nomi Rapece, is probably the worst actress in the world and single-handedly turn this epic movie into crap.

i hope they replace her for the sequel.

Moonred

Just remembered I've got The Thing video game that I haven't played yet :D Like Alien, looking forward to playing it now I've seen the film.
I had played that many years back (unless there is a new one). I enjoyed it thoroughly at that time.

...aka Las Cortinas

has no mates
I have seen every horror film ever. Ever. Here's a few that are decent'ish.

If you haven't seen Tusk then it's probably best you keep it that way. Those who like the absolutely ridiculously/hilariously fecked up, give it a go. Seriously, you ain't ever seen anything like this.

People going on about The Thing should watch the 50's version. Dated? Of course. It's still a belter if you can appreciate stuff from the dawn of true Sci-fi films.

They Live is a class act. Way ahead of it's time with it's subliminal messaging theme. Full of 80's cheese which is just an added bonus.

Identity Was a bit of an head feck back before every other horror film had a 'twist'.

1408 is well worth a watch. Didn't expect much but definitely enjoyed it.

DO NOT WATCH THIS ...Seriously, don't.

The Cabin in the Woods
was a fresh take on the genre. It's like a mixture of Malcolm in the Middle and Friday the 13th. Good fun.

Trick 'r' Treat. It's a bit like Malcolm in the Middle....well, not so much this time, but it's still a bit daft.

Pandorum. A bit like Alien. Maybe. I think it's definitely worth a watch.

The House of The devil
. It's got a (deliberate) retro feel to it. Decent, edgy horror though.

Event Horizon. Have people not watched this? It's a proper space horror. Not seen it for years but loved it back then and I'm going to assume it holds up still, and won't let anybody say otherwise. Even if they're right.

The Texas chain Saw Massacre (1971). I'd assume everybody would have seen this, but since Alien and the Thing are new to some people I'd best recommend this. Brutal watching it as an 8 year old.

Noroi: The Curse.
Solid Asian Horror. If that's your thing.

Banshee Chapter. Probably a bit shit going off the IMDB rating. I enjoyed it though. Definitely creepy.

V/H/S. Or it's sequals. Several horror subplots well sown together (perhaps) with a binding background plot.

As Above, So below. Solid, claustrophobic horror.

U.F.O Abduction (a.k.a. The Mcpherson tape). All sorts of shite flying around it being a genuine tape and I've not seen it since I was a teen, but I loved it back then.

That's by no means a comprehensive 'best of' list. Just a few worth watching (or, in the case of one or two, not worth watching IF you are a normal person).

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I try to watch horror films as I like the idea and buzz you get from them. Not many scare me but the odd one does get a bit tense.
Off the top of my head some are:

Dead Silence
Session 9
As above, so below (not the best film but creepy)
The Descent (One film I had to turn the lights back on and the surround sound off :lol: Jumpy as hell)

There have been a few that i have enjoyed. The one with the knock knock game etc was quite good.

I've wanted to watch a good horror lately, preferably in a mental hospital or something, similar to Session 9 (any recommendations)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I try to watch horror films as I like the idea and buzz you get from them. Not many scare me but the odd one does get a bit tense.
Off the top of my head some are:

Dead Silence
Session 9
As above, so below (not the best film but creepy)
The Descent (One film I had to turn the lights back on and the surround sound off :lol: Jumpy as hell)

There have been a few that i have enjoyed. The one with the knock knock game etc was quite good.

I've wanted to watch a good horror lately, preferably in a mental hospital or something, similar to Session 9 (any recommendations)
I love session 9. Try R Point. Not the same but it's quite good and relatively unknown

spwd

Just watching The cabinet of Dr Caligari, very very good ratings on IMDb, it's from 1919 so a silent movie but apparently one of the best.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff

watched the movie twice... first at the cinema the normal cut (meh). Then i watched the director's cut, and its better.

disappointed that the awesomeness of the trailer didn't translate to an equally awesome movie. This shit actress Nomi Rapece, is probably the worst actress in the world and single-handedly turn this epic movie into crap.

Yeah I was the same. Was so looking forward to it. It's just complete pap. I didn't know there was a directors cut. That on DVD?
I don't think Naomi ruined it. The shit story ruined it. I won't be too disheartened to see her in the next one.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Yeah I was the same. Was so looking forward to it. It's just complete pap. I didn't know there was a directors cut. That on DVD?
I don't think Naomi ruined it. The shit story ruined it. I won't be too disheartened to see her in the next one.
I downloaded the extended cut from the cloud. The source probably was a bluray.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Noomi Rapace isn't a rubbish actress.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

I'm with you on this, I was really sucked in by the trailer.