How do we sell Harry Maguire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Cute.

Yeah I've just seen it back now, poor defending for the goal all round. Poor in both instances from Maguire and inexcusable from Shaw playing the lad onside but you've also got to be looking at the midfield there, it's a disgusting goal to concede.

Flip side is you were suggesting we play Phil Jones instead who as much as I like him, averages more clangers per game than any other defender we've had during the PL era.

And the other alternate was Lindelof who we all know gets bullied all night by that big lad.
Thanks.

Never suggested any of that. I just think it's sad to assume someone else must hate a player if they left him out of their lineup, instead of you know, having a different opinion. Especially when in the same post you show extreme dislike towards a player yourself.

King_Cantona07

when is lindelof back, defence look better with lindelof - varane combo. This guy has gone off the cliff in terms of his form, he need to be replaced surely end of season. Dont think will get any decent fee though unless a club like everton get desperate (which can happen given lamps is in charge and soon they will reach panic mode)

Jackal981

He set up Juan for the scissor against Liverpool.
Agree 100%. He did more in that one moment than Maguire ever done in our shirt. Maguire is the biggest joke and laughing stock in the footballing world. I feel sick just watching him turn week in and out for us and making these idiotic mistakes every game. Plus his post match comments are always disgraceful. It is always anybody else mistake other than you huh Harry.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The club will need to take a big financial hit on Maguire and Wan-Bissaka. Hopefully a top centre-back and right-back emerge from the academy to offset this. Doubtful though.

Silverman

We seriously would be better with Bailly, Jones, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Blind etc etc playing. He's just not good enough.

Wilt

Who else would be stupid enough to pay his £190,000 per week wages

Litch

Not sure whether Harry is good enough, or Scott, Fred, Rashford, Shaw or AWB but they aren’t alone? So who is good enough based on their form this season, the list is growing. Does Eddy, CR7, Bruno or Pogs look good enough to start in a City, Liverpool or Chelsea team?

The issues are much more entrenched than about individual players and it’s affecting them in different ways. People might not be Rashford fans but honestly, he looks like he won’t make the Watford team at mo….

davidmichael

The club will need to take a big financial hit on Maguire and Wan-Bissaka. Hopefully a top centre-back and right-back emerge from the academy to offset this. Doubtful though.
I’d honestly play Tuanzebe, Mengi and Laird ahead of Maguire and AWB and those three wouldn’t cost us a penny.

newgiz

Yes indeed. At this point of time, from a financial perspective, both players can be considered as sunk costs. We would need to look in the market for a new center back, however I do have hope that we could use Laird as our right back.

Tibs

At this point selling him should be the third thing on our minds.

First should be taking captaincy, second placing him on the bench for the rest of the season.

youmeletsfly

Get him a one way ticket to Greece, the boys there will take care of him rather quickly.

cafecillos

The goal is actually a painful watch, you can see him giving it his all to accelerate and still being ridiculously slow. It looked so embarrassing that I'm more sorry for him than anything.

captain666

I was hoping he'd recover some sort of form, but he plays like a haunted empty shell of a footballer now. The idea he was always this bad is nonsense, but he is just scarily bad these days.
Agree with you but he unsettles the whole back line and those in front who are constantly having to worry about covering his untold errors.Bench for a while until our injuries leave us no option to play him again.Then take the hit and try and offload in the summer,even at his best he isn't a quality player.

Will Singh

What the feck did we see in this guy to not only buy him for a massive fee but to give him captaincy. Lindelöf is miles ahead and he’s not perfect. We’ll have to sell him for peanuts as he’s wage demands will be massive!

Toblerone92

Characterises perfectly our total plummet from a team of prestige to an absolute banter club that this guy is our captain.

Cloud7

Here’s a question. If he was transfer listed for a discounted price, let’s say 40-50 million, would any of our top 6 rivals be interested in him? Would Leicester want him back?

JB7

Thanks.

Never suggested any of that. I just think it's sad to assume someone else must hate a player if they left him out of their lineup, instead of you know, having a different opinion. Especially when in the same post you show extreme dislike towards a player yourself.
Erm I said that you suggested one thing - that we play Phil Jones instead of him. And given I was replying to you posting a line up that included Phil Jones instead of him then you literally cannot say you didn't suggest that. All the best.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Erm I said that you suggested one thing - that we play Phil Jones instead of him. And given I was replying to you posting a line up that included Phil Jones instead of him then you literally cannot say you didn't suggest that. All the best.
You're mistaken. That lineup you criticized for omitting Maguire wasn't mine.

It's a cnut move to assume another United fan hates a player they omitted, especially when you can't motivate it without hating on a player yourself. All I have to say about that. Good day.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Step 1 : Buy a greek player (preferably a defender)
Step 2 : Partner him with Maguire
Step 3 : Wait

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
If he really is considered our best defender, then there is no hope for this team.
Bingo

We are stuck with a bunch of average players that people somehow think should be world class

They arent world class and they will never be. United will finish top 6 or top 7, which is where they should finish with the team thats there.

Maguire was never an 80mill player on more than paper.

JB7

You're mistaken. That lineup you criticized for omitting Maguire wasn't mine.

It's a cnut move to assume another United fan hates a player they omitted, especially when you can't motivate it without hating on a player yourself. All I have to say about that. Good day.
Do you not read this forum? Maguire is almost universally hated regardless of whether he plays well or not and has been pretty much since the day he joined, so it wasn't an unreasonable thing to assume.

And again, I don't know how many times I have to say I like Jones, but Maguire is an objectively better player.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Offer him a new contract, leave a couple of zeros off his weekly wage and hope he doesn't notice?

Someone might take him if they only have match his 2 grand a week pay.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Do you not read this forum? Maguire is almost universally hated regardless of whether he plays well or not and has been pretty much since the day he joined, so it wasn't an unreasonable thing to assume.

And again, I don't know how many times I have to say I like Jones, but Maguire is an objectively better player.
It's not about your opinion. It's about understanding other people's opinion and not insulting them with top red rhetoric.

He's been terrible this season, Phil Jones has been better in his 2 appearances. If someone wants him to start over Harry, there's no need to assume Harry is being irrationally targeted with hatred. It's just a different opinion to yours.

Your statement about Maguire being universally hated regardless of performances is false. Go back to the first page this season's performances thread (or the last page of last year's) and you'll see mostly positive comments around the euros and his strong end to the season.

TsuWave

One imposter recognizes another, VdV managed to con Madrid into buying him after all.
VdV is a much more accomplished footballer than Maguire will ever be. But more importantly, he’s right about Maguire being shit

buckooo1978

is inception a real thing?

all joking aside he's the kind of high profile signing someone like Newcastle would love

TsuWave

He’s right, he was also pretty much the Maguire of midfielders when he was playing.
VdV was a good player for some years, and to my recollection, he never moved for record breaking fees for his position. Things we can’t say about Maguire.

Status
Not open for further replies.