How many Utd players would walk into Wolves first 11 and vice-versa...?

Robbie Boy

Rashford - free
Lingard - free
Greenwood - free
Williams - free
Pereira - almost free
McTominay - free

If Nuno is working some kind of miracle with cut price Mendes clients then what is Ole doing with this lot? You can't have it both ways.

If we wanted even Coady we'd be quoted £50m+. That's the comparison with Maguire to judge the quality of the two sides, not how much he cost years ago.
So yeah, lets talk Maguire, DDG, Lindelof, Shaw, Fred, Martial. What's the combined cost? Yeah Coady would cost loads. Pity Wolves picked him years ago in the Championship and made him as good as he is today, much like Doherty.

Our squad cost a feck tonne more because it's a feck tonne better. Nuno is doing far better than he should with that team. Do you know why? Because he's actually a good manager. Ole is having a mare with a far better squad bevsude well, he's a bit shit.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Laughable list. Bar Henderson none can really claim to have standed out above the rest. You just plucked a group of names that shows clearly you don't watch these players play every game outside of highlights. Kanté for example has been poor by his usual standard and some Chelsea fans think that they have been worse after his return .Classic CAF overrating rivals players while underrating our own
Or you could argue it's a classic case of recentism, Fred has been good recently, hardly makes him the best midfielder in the league. Even if you look at the stats for just this campaign, so classic recentism, the top three performers are Ndidi, Maddison and Grealish, who have all been amazing, Fred is nowhere near these three. Yes that is right, Ndidi. Below them in the next bracket you have the likes of McGinn(having a storming season), Henderson, McTominay, Moutinho. Then I would put Fred in with the next group of midfielders after that. Rodrigo, Shelvey, who is having a good campaign this season btw, 5 goals to his name. Ward-Prowse, Alli, Fernandinho, Jorgino, Kovacic.

This still doesnt detract from the fact that the likes of Kante is a proven performer over multiple seasons, Fred has been good for the last 5 months, maybe? Previous to that he was in the 'get this guy out of our club' bracket. And should be nowhere near a list of best midfielders in the league. Come back when he has set this level of performance for a couple of seasons before we start talking about best midfielder in the league.

OverratedOpinion

Most of our players would start for them, a team with our players in a stable environment with a good manager (no offence to Ole) would be comfortably in the top 4 this season considering how inconsistent Chelsea and Spurs have been.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Keita has got more goals and assists than Fred despite having played less games.
So does Dominic Solanke, and he’s shite. Fred is not measured by goals, and neither is Keita, and if they were, then Keita doesn’t have nearly enough goals for it to be even worth mentioning.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
So yeah, lets talk Maguire, DDG, Lindelof, Shaw, Fred, Martial. What's the combined cost? Yeah Coady would cost loads. Pity Wolves picked him years ago in the Championship and made him as good as he is today, much like Doherty.

Our squad cost a feck tonne more because it's a feck tonne better. Nuno is doing far better than he should with that team. Do you know why? Because he's actually a good manager. Ole is having a mare with a far better squad bevsude well, he's a bit shit.
If it's that much better why are so many putting 4/5 Wolves players in? It's a better squad than Wolves with Pogba and Rashford fit, without them there's not much in it. Transfer fee paid does not always = better player, if anyone has learnt that over the last few years it's us.

TheReligion

Abusive
He's barely played this season, but overall from what I've seen of the two, Keita is the better player.
So who is having the better season and who has performed better in English football so far? At £60+m you'd like to think Keita is the better player but for me he's shown nothing to justify the obscene price tag.

TheReligion

Abusive
So does Dominic Solanke, and he’s shite. Fred is not measured by goals, and neither is Keita, and if they were, then Keita doesn’t have nearly enough goals for it to be even worth mentioning.
Keita has been an absolute flop when you consider the fee. Fred has started to pull his price tag back this year but again Keita is nowhere to be seen.

How you could pick Keita ahead of Fred at the moment is beyond me. Absolute blinkered bias from @Megadrive Man.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Keita has been an absolute flop when you consider the fee. Fred has started to pull his price tag back this year but again Keita is nowhere to be seen.

How you could pick Keita ahead of Fred at the moment is beyond me. Absolute blinkered bias from @Megadrive Man.
Undoubtedly. By market rates, Fred is now in the black, or at least broken even in terms of value/contribution. Keita is very much in the red.

Robbie Boy

If it's that much better why are so many putting 4/5 Wolves players in? It's a better squad than Wolves with Pogba and Rashford fit, without them there's not much in it. Transfer fee paid does not always = better player, if anyone has learnt that over the last few years it's us.
Because our shit manager has lowered the standards so much, that's why.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think people need to realise that we have many injuries on our main XI players. We could have beat Wolves in our 2nd league game if Pogba didn't miss the penalty and the result could be different in the weekend if we have Rashford and one of Scott or Pogba at least. Missing your top scorer and can't have our proper midfield 2 partnership with Bruno is not playing as a 10 is sucks. Our squad is mainly better than their squad.

DDG
Doherty/Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
Pogba Fred
Traore Bruno Rashford
Jimenez

DDG
Lindelof Maguire Shaw
Doherty Pogba Fred Wolves's LWB
Bruno
Jimenez Rashford​

This is what I think the combined XI

Pogba & Rashford being injured means Moutinho or Neves will replace Pogba, while Rashford will be replaced by either Traore or Martial.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
Undoubtedly. By market rates, Fred is now in the black, or at least broken even in terms of value/contribution. Keita is very much in the red.
If you think Fred has justified his fee then standards at Man United are now even lower than I thought!

Both players have underperformed for their price tags. Keita has had spells where he has looked good but seems to get injured too much and is now 5th/6th choice for Liverpool.

What exactly has Fred done to justify his fee?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Keita has got more goals and assists than Fred despite having played less games.
McTominay, Andreas Pereira has more goals and assists than Fabinho and Wijnaldum. They must be better than Liverpool players too.

manc4red

This is a depressing thread.

And more depressing because some of their players would actually improve us

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Some serious revisionism here about Wolves apparently being all that and close to us in terms of quality. This is no disrespect whatsoever to them but more a testament to the marvellous work of Nuno. Let's take a look at some of these players that are apparently at a similar level to our team:

Patricio - Came after spending his whole career in Portugal for a fee of around £16m
Doherty - Signed for £75k back in 2010
Coady - Signed for around £2m from Huddersfield
Boly - Was a complete failure at Porto £11m
Jonny - Couldn't break into the Atletico team and signed for £15m

Neves - Had lost his way at Porto and signed for £15m
Moutinho - Signed as a 31 year old for around £5m
Dendoncker - No one ever took a gamble on him from Anderlecht and cost Wolves around £13m

Jota - £12m after failing to break into Atletico team following a loan at Porto
Jimenez - Wasn't up to much in Portugal before a good season on loan followed by a £30m transfer
Traore - Signed from Boro as an erractic work in progress for £18m

Now, people are trying to claim that these players are genuinely better than ours? I'm sorry but this just illustrates the fantastic job that Nuno is doing. Give these players to Ole and we would be honestly 15th or thereabouts. They have some good players for sure, but ffs stop with the Ole agenda pretending every squad is better than ours. The fact is that we have a hopeless manager.
Yep. There's a lot of agenda posting surrounding Ole right now and hence by extension, our squad. I mean, come on, how would Martial not get into the Wolves team. He may disappoint some by Manchester United standards but he easily makes a combined team as does Rashford Pogba, nearly our entire back 5 and a few other midfielders have a strong shot too - Fernandes, Fred, Mctominay.

In case people haven't forgotten Jota, Jiminez and Traore aren't top class players. And neither are all our performers in the same bracket as Lingard and Periera (who are more Wolves level - but lower - than United level)

Wolves have a much worse squad than us. They do have a better manager, lower expectations and are allowed to play defensive football with 5 at the back. We don't. We are Manchester United, with huge expectations, resources, and sadly, a poorer manager.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Fred is arguably the first name on any combined eleven. By far one of the best midfielders in the league and Man Utd's player of the season
I know United fans are raving about him these days but I just don't see that at all. I think he's way too erratic with his touch and passing to be considered "by far one of the best midfielders in the league". Don't get me wrong, he's certainly came on leaps and bounds since he first arrived but yeah, one of the best mids in the league? Not for me.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If you think Fred has justified his fee then standards at Man United are now even lower than I thought!

Both players have underperformed for their price tags. Keita has had spells where he has looked good but seems to get injured too much and is now 5th/6th choice for Liverpool.

What exactly has Fred done to justify his fee?

Become the player he was bought to be. Or is it numbers you are after?

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
McTominay, Andreas Pereira has more goals and assists than Fabinho and Wijnaldum. They must be better than Liverpool players too.
I wasn't the one that compared Fred to Keita! I simply said that he'd be 6th choice at Liverpool or City and I stand by it.

roonster09

Scout
I wasn't the one that compared Fred to Keita! I simply said that he'd be 6th choice at Liverpool or City and I stand by it.
You were the one who used goal stats to prove who is better.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
Become the player he was bought to be. Or is it numbers you are after?
Which is?

No its not numbers I am after, but from what I've seen he looks like a Joe Allen, Tom Cleverly type of player. If this is as good as he gets then I wouldn't say he was good enough for Man United long term, unless you are happy with your current position?

I'd be intrigued to see a midfield three of Fred, Mctominay and Bruno Fernandes though, maybe thats the right balance for United?

roonster09

Scout
Which is?

No its not numbers I am after, but from what I've seen he looks like a Joe Allen, Tom Cleverly type of player. If this is as good as he gets then I wouldn't say he was good enough for Man United long term, unless you are happy with your current position?

I'd be intrigued to see a midfield three of Fred, Mctominay and Bruno Fernandes though, maybe thats the right balance for United?
You haven't seen much then.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
You were the one who used goal stats to prove who is better.
Ok fair enough. What I should have said is that I don't think Fred has enough to his game to play in a top midfield from what I've seen so far. I don't see what his major strengths are and what he actually contributes that would make him any higher than 6th choice at Liverpool or City. I was mainly astounded that he's being described as one of the best midfielders in the league.

roonster09

Scout
Ok fair enough. What I should have said is that I don't think Fred has enough to his game to play in a top midfield from what I've seen so far. I don't see what his major strengths are and what he actually contributes that would make him any higher than 6th choice at Liverpool or City. I was mainly astounded that he's being described as one of the best midfielders in the league.
You compared him to Cleverley type player which makes it obvious that either you haven't watched him play or just a WUM.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
You haven't seen much then.
I think he's improved a lot since his first season, and the stats back this up as well, but I don't see whats so special about him. Certainly not to warrant being one of the best in the league! Enlighten me?

roonster09

Scout
I think he's improved a lot since his first season, and the stats back this up as well, but I don't see whats so special about him. Certainly not to warrant being one of the best in the league! Enlighten me?
I didn't say he is one of the best in the league, when you didn't watch the player why bother to make shit up and dig deeper with every post?

redshaw

Rashford would be a good addition to Wolves, perhaps Maguire.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Which is?

As it stands, I doubt that midfield will be good enough at all.