How will Antoine Griezmann be remembered?

Chairman Steve

That annoying Fortnite celebration player and that player who did that highly self-indulgent, attention seeking ‘The Decision’ movie on himself, which he aped off a basketball player who did an equally self-indulgent, attention seeking ‘The Decision’ movie

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He's aging like a fine wine. One of the best players in the world right now.

KeanoMagicHat

Credit to Griezmann for not ending up like contemporaries like Bale, Pogba, Hazard, Coutinho and others and jacking it in after winning the World Cup and the Barca flop. Been really good the last year.

Bwuk

He'd walk into our side still. Extremely under-rated player.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He's a strange player, I blame his hairdo for the reason he didn't succeed at Barca.

Before debating me, remember that my IQ is 210.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's a strange player, I blame his hairdo for the reason he didn't succeed at Barca.

Before debating me, remember that my IQ is 210.
He was very good during his last six months at Barcelona. IIRC at that time his hairdo went back to something respectable.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Before the turn of the calendar year, he'll be Atlético's all-time leading scorer. Not bad at all, he'll probably be the best scorer in their history by far if he keeps it up for a few more seasons. It feels weird, though, that he joined Barça to win silverware only for the club he's associated with to win their only La Liga in a decade with a Barcelona reject bagging the goals.

JogaBonitoRooney

He's one of the best players of the generation. I saw his Netflix doc. His story is nice. He got rejected by French youth teams because of his small frame so he went to Spain where they accepted him and he proved everyone wrong.

French youth teams overemphasize on players having to be big, tall, athletic, fast. Griezmann is none of these things. He looks like a nerd who plays Fortnite all day and his skills are not Messi / Neymar level or anything, still has solid technical skills. Yet he manages to be a brilliant player.

Hope he wins a league or CL before he retires.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheimoon

eire-red

Top quality player, but probably at the lower end of that tier below Ronaldo and Messi (the likes of Suarez, Modric, Bale, Benzema, Robben, Ribery, Lewandowski etc at the upper end) but still in that class.

Should have stayed at Atletico, it was never quite clear how he was going to fit in with the likes of Messi and Suarez.

Wish he moved here when we were linked with him.

KeanoMagicHat

Before the turn of the calendar year, he'll be Atlético's all-time leading scorer. Not bad at all, he'll probably be the best scorer in their history by far if he keeps it up for a few more seasons. It feels weird, though, that he joined Barça to win silverware only for the club he's associated with to win their only La Liga in a decade with a Barcelona reject bagging the goals.
Was a terrible signing for Barca at the time. Takes up the same spaces as Messi and actually would have suited them a lot more now as they lack that kind of player. Back then it was like he decided he was joining Barca himself and Barca in their spending spree stage just went along with it without much thinking.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Easy to forget he was not only brilliant in the last two world cups, but outstanding in Euro 2016 too. He dominated that tournament. Some player
Mbappé got a lot of plaudits for his 3 goals in the final but his tournament overall was underwhelming and he was good in the final from minute 60 onwards, but in reality it was Griezmann that carried that team through the tournament up to the final (in which he wasn't good, unfortunately for France). He's the most important player for them and has been great for Atletico and he doesn't get the plaudits he deserves (Mbappé being named captain was rather ridiculous).

GlasgowCeltic

Was fantastic as a cm at the World Cup and I think he’s been better than Bellingham in the league so far

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Was a terrible signing for Barca at the time. Takes up the same spaces as Messi and actually would have suited them a lot more now as they lack that kind of player. Back then it was like he decided he was joining Barca himself and Barca in their spending spree stage just went along with it without much thinking.
Yeah, it looked like an unnecessary move at the time for both parties. The kind that created more problems than the ones it was supposed to solve. Anyway, he's one of the very few cases in modern football when a player will be remembered for his WC appearances more than anything else. I also think he had his own Baggio moment at club level when he missed that penalty and the chance to make history with Altetico in the 2016 CL final.

Tier 2 or 3 player but I don't think he will be remembered outside of Atletico. He failed badly at Barcelona and he was always overshadowed by Mbappe and Pogba for the national team. Even when he played better than them it was still always about them. He'll be remembered about as much a Fernando Torres.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Pink haired twat who does silly dances after displays of being an outstanding football player.

Also French, so arguably smelley. no racism intended

Frank Grimes

Class player. Only Messi or maybe Modric have performed at a higher standard at major championships since 2014 in my opinion.
Never should have went to Barca but the last 12 months has seen a renaissance in his career. World class.

RVN1991

The last few years have re written his story since his move to Barca was such a massive failure to the point that it pretty much fecked them financially. Excellent player otherwise though.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
Top 3 player in two World Cups and one Euro.

Very good all-round technical player; great at connecting with his teammates; also a workhorse in the defensive phase.

His stupid manchild behavior makes it hard to like him more.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
As good as he may be, I feel like he’s the kind of player that will be forgotten about right after he’s retired by anyone not that’s not French or an A Madrid fan.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
As good as he may be, I feel like he’s the kind of player that will be forgotten about right after he’s retired by anyone not that’s not French or an A Madrid fan.
It depends on what we understand by forgotten. I think that he will be in the Klose, Kluivert, Seedorf, Denilson or Romario category. Players that aren't forgotten but not mentioned as much as they should.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
One of the very best players of the past 10-15 years. Only player to come 3rd at the ballon d’Or twice in the Ronaldo/Messi era, I believe.

Probably the best player I’ve personally seen play for France. His World Cup just gone was nuts — he was playing like a number 8 running tempo and still getting forward to contribute.