How would you feel if Rooney smashed it at Everton?

Green_Red

Yeah. Will suffer greatly minus Coutinho. What do you think?
Yea, is he definitely going to go though? I reckon they'll do a Ronaldo and keep him for one more year and then let him leave next summer.

It'll be an interesting end to the season if Klopp finishes in 7th! There'll be serious meltdown over on RAWK if that happens.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yea, is he definitely going to go though? I reckon they'll do a Ronaldo and keep him for one more year and then let him leave next summer.

It'll be an interesting end to the season if Klopp finishes in 7th! There'll be serious meltdown over on RAWK if that happens.
I'd rather they finished 6th for shits and gigs.

Wilt

Bloke walked into my local bookies the other week and placed £150 @ 100/1 (now 66/1) on Everton to win the premier and another £150 @ 8/1 to finish top four.

The bookie seemed to think he was nuts .....but I'm not sure, maybe a shrewd bet?

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Bloke walked into my local bookies the other week and placed £150 @ 100/1 (now 66/1) on Everton to win the premier and another £150 @ 8/1 to finish top four.

The bookie seemed to think he was nuts .....but I'm not sure, maybe a shrewd bet?
Nuts thinking they will win the league but a shrewd bet on top four.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Probably involved in a match fixing scandal, I'd keep an eye on this one.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

Neither of those bets will come to fruition, for me. City, United and Spurs are almost certainties to finish in top three places, and then you've got Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool fighting it out for the other spot. There's no way the three of them will be so bad that they allow Everton sneak in. At least one of them will get their act together coming in the home stretch.

Wilt

Neither of those bets will come to fruition, for me. City, United and Spurs are almost certainties to finish in top three places, and then you've got Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool fighting it out for the other spot. There's no way the three of them will be so bad that they allow Everton sneak in. At least one of them will get their act together coming in the home stretch.
Agreed about Utd and City for the win but have my doubts about the others ....Arsenal always seem to blow out around Jan/Feb, Spurs record at Wembley has been diabolical, Liverpool are far too erratic and Chelsea seem to be in trouble, although I expect Chelsea will eventually get it together.
Think if anyone can break the big 6 it will be either Everton or possibly Leicester, so may have a punt @8/1 top four Everton.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Out of interest do you blame the club for failing to motivate that player, the player for failing to motivate themselves or do you think it's maybe unavoidably organic when the player isn't fan of the club? (That's not a slight on him wearing toffee pyjamas, I'm just thinking that maybe it was easier for Scholes, Giggs and co to motivate themselves to play for this club.)
You would have thought that £300K/week would provide sufficient motivation for most people.

Alabaster Codify7

Not sure why so many people think Everton are top 4 contenders?

I'm not seeing it in the slightest. They've bought some decent players but they are not recouping those 20+ goals from Lukaku with Rooney and Sandro.

Top 6 maybe, top 4, no chance.

Kag

Nah, he's a prize twit.

Eric Chin

congratulation to him, but I won't sad compared to Diego Forlan as he's been La Liga's top scorer for several seasons after leaving us.Wondering why we can't use him properly.

Wilt

Everton are as much top 4 contenders are we are relegation contenders.
Sportingbet have Everton @ 9/1 for top 4 .....and Man Utd @ 3500/1 for relegation.

Hardly the same chance is it?

vanrooney

Even in his last years with us he had quite good/ok stats. he wasnt good enough anymore but he wasnt that shit some people made him out to be. So for me its not that big of a surprise that he scores goals and assists for everton and i hope he has a good season.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
More proof that all the pundits were correct, put Rooney in the hole and he will flourish. Maybe not a wet night at stoke but a wet night in Coleen is fine.

Eire Red United

8/1 on top 4? They aren't the best of odds considering it's almost certainly not going to happen.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
A better start than I imagined, and god for him. As much stick as he's got from us over the past few years I don't think anybody wants to see a United legend end their career with a whimper. I really hope he can sustain this kind of form, but I don't see it lasting. The past 3 years at United weren't a case of him not being trusted or motivated.

The Bloody-Nine

Chelsea, you might recall, had lodged two bids for Rooney after José Mourinho’s return to Stamford Bridge in the summer of 2013. The player was doing all he could to make the move happen and Mourinho was under the impression it was only a matter of time.

Yet it is also fair to say Woodward was under considerable pressure to change his mind. Rooney went to see him, making it clear he wanted to go, but it made no difference
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-united-move-may-leave-chelsea-feeling-blue

For anyone still wondering why Rooney isn't universally loved by our fans...

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
3 years vs 1 match?and you're bragging about being right?
If you follow this thread I am hardly bragging but addressing how during preseason everyone was laughing at the fact that he wasn't fit during friendlies. Read a few pages back and Everton forum members were ridiculed for saying he'll get fit when the season starts.

The fact is he does look fit and sharp this season. That is all I am talking about so I don't know why you're bringing 3 years (and a ridiculous number since about 2 years ago he was one of our best players)

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-united-move-may-leave-chelsea-feeling-blue

For anyone still wondering why Rooney isn't universally loved by our fans...
So bloody what if at one point he wanted to leave.

He's not a Mancunian who has deserted his club, also, plenty of our legends have left before Wayne.

He also didn't leave and kicked onto be our top scorer.

Love him to have a good season and be back up there with the top scorers (provided he doesn't score against us).

Hope he does us a favour and bags a couple tomorrow - wouldn't put it past him.

The Bloody-Nine

So bloody what if at one point he wanted to leave.

He's not a Mancunian who has deserted his club, also, plenty of our legends have left before Wayne.

He also didn't leave and kicked onto be our top scorer.

Love him to have a good season and be back up there with the top scorers (provided he doesn't score against us).

Hope he does us a favour and bags a couple tomorrow - wouldn't put it past him.
At one point? :lol:

I think he wanted to leave at least twice. Once for Chelsea, once for City.

Dobbs

If you follow this thread I am hardly bragging but addressing how during preseason everyone was laughing at the fact that he wasn't fit during friendlies. Read a few pages back and Everton forum members were ridiculed for saying he'll get fit when the season starts.

The fact is he does look fit and sharp this season. That is all I am talking about so I don't know why you're bringing 3 years (and a ridiculous number since about 2 years ago he was one of our best players)
What has actually been proved wrong though Shamans?

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
At one point? :lol:

I think he wanted to leave at least twice. Once for Chelsea, once for City.
You 'think?'

Truth is none of us know what happened. The media obviously have an agenda to sell papers about uniteds best player wanting to leave. None of us know his true intentions.

A lot of it could have been thought up by his agent at the time.

I'll prefer to remember his outstanding contributions to this football club and all the years service he gave to us.

I don't particularly agree with a couple of life choices he has made in the past but in terms of footballing prowes and contributions to our club he is up there with the very best, if not one of most influential players to ever wear a United shirt.

M Bison

Supports
York City
You 'think?'

Truth is none of us know what happened. The media obviously have an agenda to sell papers about uniteds best player wanting to leave. None of us know his true intentions.

I'll prefer to remember his outstanding contributions to this football club and all the years service he gave to us.

I don't particularly agree with a couple of life choices he has made in the past but in terms of footballing prowes and contributions to our club he is up there with the very best, if not one of most influential players to ever wear a United shirt.
Didn't Fergie confirm he asked to leave? "Angry and Confused"?

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Didn't Fergie confirm he asked to leave? "Angry and Confused"?
I remember that headline in the papers yes not sure if Fergie actually gave that interview or not.

I tend to take any newspaper articles with a massive pinch of salt when it come to things like this.

Something obviously happened and he may have asked to leave but my point is he didn't, and I never think he would have moved to City I think that rumour was bullshit.

The Chelsea rumours may have more truth but I don't think he would have ever specifically asked to play for them. Just a case of Chelsea trying to unsettle our player at the time.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I remember that headline in the papers yes not sure if Fergie actually gave that interview or not.

I tend to take any newspaper articles with a massive pinch of salt when it come to things like this.

Something obviously happened and he may have asked to leave but my point is he didn't, and I never think he would have moved to City I think that rumour was bullshit.

The Chelsea rumours may have more truth but I don't think he would have ever specifically asked to play for them. Just a case of Chelsea trying to unsettle our player at the time.
Fergie definitely did give an interview saying he'd asked to leave.

The Bloody-Nine

You 'think?'

As has been stated, SAF said he wanted to leave.