How would you rate the signing of Casemiro?

Long Time Red

He did, people have short memories. Casemiro is comparable though but we should wait longer to see, he’s only played 20 odd games.
He actually had way bigger impact. But Casemiro would probably be second on the list post-SAF. No one else comes to mind other than these 2.
Bruno came into a team that was doing OK, we were 5th.

Casemiro has come into the club after the worst season in living memory and after losing the first two games was on it's knees.

Since his first start against Everton, Newcastle are the only team to have won more points that us (1 more point), it's an unbelievable turnaround.

Varun1

Hats off to him and ETH - I thought Casemiro was another washed up player who was coming here for a final pay-off.
His early performance especially made me think that, but great management again by ETH - this has been one of the best aspects of his tenure.

Glorio

Casemiro has come into the club after the worst season in living memory and after losing the first two games was on it's knees.

Since his first start against Everton, Newcastle are the only team to have won more points that us (1 more point), it's an unbelievable turnaround.
Casemiro didn't come on his own, he was part of a whole wave of improvements - with him came the most talked about up and coming manager in ETH, a whole new coaching staff, a new but proven midfield partner in Eriksen, a brutal but classy beast of a defender in Martinez, genuine competition at LB, and another overdue gap sorted at the right side of attack.

Bruno came on his own into the same team which was struggling badly to create, with the same manager, and transformed the whole place. I think Bruno had the bigger immediate impact

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

You're massively underrating the impact Bruno had when he arrived. We were doing terrible and pretty much everyone was calling for Ole to be sacked. Bruno completely dragged us through the second half of that season and saved Ole's job (for better or worse). He was absolutely incredible. Almost the definition of a one-man team.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He has been great so far but it's important to waut a little before being too hyperbolic. The opposite with Antony - give new signings time to adjust and find a consistent level of performance.

Davie Moyes

At the moment he is absolutely bossing it and has surprised me with how good he is on the ball with his technique and passing. I knew his tackling and interceptions were insane (probably the best in the world).

He is exactly what we needed and I'm glad we paid the high fee. For him to justify the high fee I would hope we get 3 seasons out of him at his current level. Whilst we saw with Matic the quick decline I'm more optimistic regarding Casemiro and what gives me encouragement is:
a) he does not seem to possess pace anyway and most of his game is about how amazingly well he reads the opposition play (like Keano used to).
b) he possesses the Keano mentality in high expectations and standards in his own play and of team-mates.

He is up there with Bruno for me as the best post SAF signing so far. I think Varane and Martinez are not far behind.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
8/10 so far since it's still very early. If he does lead us to titles, the rating will improve even further.
The age doesn't play any part now but it can impact this transfer's overall rating a few years in; same as with the transfer fee.

Our of the transfers that had a comparable immediate impact:
  • Bruno was simply untouchable in that second (first at United) half the 19/20 season & Licha has also started incredibly well
  • Cantona & van Persie probably had an even bigger impact although it's hard to compare strikers with a defensive midfielder

Born2Lose

Adds composure and intelligence on the pitch.

Great to see us signing a player who relishes rather than shirks the pressure of playing for United.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
his performances have been getting better and better but his fee and wages are large and that’s before you take into account us having to pay someone to mush up all his food for him, ten hag being paid to repeat himself time and time again until casemiro turns on his hearing aid or the money to pay someone to arrange calls with his grandkids back in brazil as he doesn’t understand computers or skype.

Long Time Red

Casemiro didn't come on his own, he was part of a whole wave of improvements - with him came the most talked about up and coming manager in ETH, a whole new coaching staff, a new but proven midfield partner in Eriksen, a brutal but classy beast of a defender in Martinez, genuine competition at LB, and another overdue gap sorted at the right side of attack.

Bruno came on his own into the same team which was struggling badly to create, with the same manager, and transformed the whole place. I think Bruno had the bigger immediate impact
Eriksen started against Brighton and Brentford as did Martinez.

Our xG against in the first 7 games without Casemiro starting was 1.4 per 90 minutes, since Casemiro started against Everton it's 0.8 which is the best in the league.

Glorio

Eriksen started against Brighton and Brentford as did Martinez.

Our xG against in the first 7 games without Casemiro starting was 1.4 per 90 minutes, since Casemiro started against Everton it's 0.8 which is the best in the league.
Yes they did, however we picked up performances after those 2 games and strung impressive wins together prior to Casemiro becoming a regular. In fact, he initially struggled to get into the side because the team was doing so well.

Zed 101

It just goes to show what we have all said for many years, we need a really good DM, it makes so much difference to every other player/position

Shai-Hulud

We finally got what we needed in midfield. In a way that search went on for 15 years. Hargreaves was supposed to be the answer back then. Carrick covered up the gaping hole after that. Matic was not that great most of the time.

I give Casemiro a solid 8/10 so far. Dragged down slightly by age and the price relative to that age.

KeanoMagicHat

Yes they did, however we picked up performances after those 2 games and strung impressive wins together prior to Casemiro becoming a regular. In fact, he initially struggled to get into the side because the team was doing so well.
Yes and also while losing 4-0 at half time to even a World XI would be a bad performance - Brentford have beaten Liverpool and City this season, losing to them isn't as bad as it once looked.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
The first of our Brazilian signings that has ever worked. And it's not even the end of the season yet.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We paid a lot for him obviously but in this case we got what we paid for. Jumping from no DM to Casemiro is ridiculous.

The most telling thing about both the success of and downside to this signing is that I'm already concerned as to how we'll replace him in the coming years. If only he was five years younger.

Natener

Has taken our team to a different level but would mean little if for just half a season. If Casemiro gives us 3-4 full seasons of this quality though...

Bojan Djordjic

So far he's been way better than I could have imagined. BUT...you can't really appraise the success of a 70mn signing within the first six months of a contract and tbh that is not where the risk lies with these types of big-money deals for 30 year olds. It's the latter years of the contract - will he maintain his form for the duration of his contract or will he decline to the levels where his contract becomes an albatross on our neck as it has with lots of other players.

poleglass red

It good to see us actually bring in a top quality footballer that fitted the style we want to implement and improve those around him. I watched that Liverpool game v Brentford and although Thiago is a quality player, he doesn't have the stamina/pace to play in the system Klopp wants. At their prime their mid was all over the place tucking in to cover rampaging full backs on the overlap. He just strolls around and whilst neat on the ball offers none of the defensive cover their mid previously had. It's good to see we are moving away from that policy of just landing big names for the sake of it. Our summer business has been very good for the most part and we reaping the rewards for that at the minute

RoyH1

Amazing signing. He's transformed out midfield and given the team much needed balance.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
12 out of 10.

He is amazing. We didn't deserve him and got lucky. Love the guy

stepic

He was 30 when he joined us and didn't come cheap, but has there ever been a signing that has been such a perfect fit and has had such a direct impact as Casemiro? Shoot!
its a gamble, some players just go off a cliff once they’re around this age - look at Son. Hopefully we can get a good few more years out of him.

This season he’s been spectacular

Castia

9/10 the only downside is I wish he was a bit younger

Class player.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I must admit I thought madrid were selling us a croc (I had no evidence, just dont trust Madrid) and he was here for a pay day.
So pleased to be wrong, he’s a gem.

galwayfa

Is McT injured,
Casemiro has been brillant, i remember Di Maria thinking this guys unreal, than Leicester happened, so he has been brillant but im in fear of Di Maria syndrome

Giggsy13

My only hope is that we purchase a young DM who can be an understudy to Casemiro, so that we can manage his minutes. He’s the type of player who can continue to have an impact into his mid 30s, if he isn’t played into the ground. It’s quite possible that Iqbal or Mainoo may be the players that benefit most from Casemiro in helping them eventually break thru into the first team. All around one of our best midfield signings in ages.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
He's a reminder that no matter how shite we've become in recent years, we're still Manchester fecking United and top players want to come to us.

lysglimt

Scout
RvN and Rooney together with Cantona are perhaps the 3 best signings - in terms of making an immediate impact.

AlPistacho

Casemiro and Martinez… I’d say are like Liverpool signing VVD and Allison. The only difference is at that time Liverpool already had a great front 3. We only have Rashford, Antony is still adapting, Martial just isn’t it. I genuinely think with the manager we have, if we had a more cohesive front 3, we’d be title challengers.

I have a feeling because of the manager we have, we might still challenge. But people will have to understand if we do it’s basically because he is a genius, getting an electric car that has 75% battery drive the same miles as one that starts fully charged.

Abraxas

Surely a 10/10. Took quite a few games to adapt to things as you're going from playing with world class partners to lesser quality in a totally different league, but then he has shown exactly why he's won everything he has.

The only shame of course is that he's not a few years younger, but then we probably never have a chance to procure his services at that time, so it's probably a function of his age, and wanting a new experience for the last portion of his career that made it possible.