I think we should put faith in Greenwood, Gomes and Chong

youmeletsfly

Chong will clearly not make it.
Greenwood has a slight chance, but he ain't the messiah prodigy that the caf suggests.

Ben Lamps

Chong in my eyes is shite, Greenwood potential...Gomes well christ give him a chance Barcelona dont go sniffing around players for the fun of it to be fair

DRM

Stupid to put faith in them, clearly not ready

Roboc7

Chong is nowhere near good enough, the other have potential but they need to be integrated into a functioning team with a
game plan.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Chong isn't very good. Greenwood has a big future.

talking robot

Greenwood is the real deal. Gomes has potential. Chong is a long way away from the required standard, though probably not worse than Pereira to be fair.

Irwin99

Regarding greenwood he's clearly ready for THIS stage but to start him against Prem defences would be too much in my opinion. Chong is way too soon.

Our lack of attacking transfers this summer was just ludicrous.

Thiagoal

Regarding greenwood he's clearly ready for THIS stage but to start him against Prem defences would be too much in my opinion. Chong is way too soon.

Our lack of attacking transfers this summer was just ludicrous.
His touch, composure and finishing are far better than Rashfords so think he’d do a decent job

RedAlert27

Only seen Chong play around ten times but I fail to see what he offers exactly, not the paciest, not the most gifted on the ball, not the strongest... Gomes and Greenwood I can see why they are being selected, both technically sound.

Red Stone

Greenwood turns 18 in a week. Feck sake to those saying he's just got a slight chance. He's clearly going to be good enough, but needs to be matched carefully going forward. He can't be leading the line for us this season. Cup games against dross and the odd sub appearance in the league. Even playing for United at that age is a great sign.

I see nothing top class in Chong. Gomes looks phenomenal with the ball, but I do wonder if he has the build to survive in the Prem.

Devil77

Judging by the games played this far, I can’t see why Chong gets played at all. I haven’t seen anything from him to suggest he’s the real deal.

caid

Dont think any of them are ready for more than a cameo here and there in the league. Greenwood is a stretch the other 2 really dont look close. Loans to league one or championship clubs would have been the sensible move as opposed to expecting them to contribute to a top 4 push in the league which is just mental really

MrBest

Greenwood turns 18 in a week. Feck sake to those saying he's just got a slight chance. He's clearly going to be good enough, but needs to be matched carefully going forward. He can't be leading the line for us this season. Cup games against dross and the odd sub appearance in the league. Even playing for United at that age is a great sign.

I see nothing top class in Chong. Gomes looks phenomenal with the ball, but I do wonder if he has the build to survive in the Prem.
Build is not the issue, look at david silva. He just needs to have the mental capacity to endure the knocks. He has everything else in his locker to have a exceptional career.

Red Stone

Build is not the issue, look at david silva. He just needs to have the mental capacity to endure the knocks. He has everything else in his locker to have a exceptional career.
David Silva is 5 inches taller than Gomes.

red thru&thru

Chong needs to go on loa . Somewhere like Germany or Holland.

Gomes needs a chance, not been really given a chance at mo.

Greenwood will be fine.

Judas

Open to offers
Said it all summer Chong isn't ready, and calls for him to see more first time action were stupidly premature, probably born out of ignorance.

Still have massive hopes for Gomes and Greenwood, see no reason not to.

caid

Said it all summer Chong isn't ready, and calls for him to see more first time action were stupidly premature, probably born out of ignorance.

Still have massive hopes for Gomes and Greenwood, see no reason not to.
I still have hopes for all of them, just not this season. They'd have to be borderline freaks to be good enough for the league with their age and experience.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Chong has never looked ready even in the reserves. I think it's really unfair on him to be in this position.

In a couple of years he might be a decent player, but he's been thrown into the deep end when he's miles off being at a level to cope with it. Surely you need to have some standards when it comes to the first team?

It is hampering the team and because of that must be destroying his confidence in himself at the same time.

Suedesi

Wonder what the coaching staff see on Chong, he's either ready but not very good, or not ready for the big stage. Either way, he was embarrassing against Astana and Rochdale.

Gomes has shown flashes, and I think he can be a good player. The problem our system and patterns of play are so whack, it would make Iniesta look poor. I wouldn't blame him one bit if he goes elsewhere (and then we can buy him for 90 million quid after 3-4 years!!!)

Greenwood is certainly the one with most end-product out of the three - 2 goals and his all around game looks pretty fecking good for a player that age. We need to manage expectations though, he's still very young and can't be thrown to the wolves week in week out.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Chong is way off the pace compared to the other two. Needs a loan but even then I don't really see what's special about him.

Kag

Agree with the consensus regarding Chong. It’s a little unfair to be playing him at this level. He’s miles away in reality.

Sing you a song

Chong and Gomes should be playing on loan but we cannot even afford to send them
Absolutely right , both need experience, Chong is far too lightweight and both would be found out against the top clubs .But as you say we can’t send them out as we have no alternatives

Red Stone

No he isn’t. He’s 1 inch taller. Or are you making a joke?
Google told me Gomes was 5'3 and Silva was 5'8.

I've done some digging now and have found some other sites that say Gomes is anything between 5'3 and 5'6 and Silva could also be 5'7. I don't know what to think any more. Gomes looks tiny, though. One of the smallest players I've seen at this level. At least a couple of inches shorter than Silva, probably more.

macheda14

Google told me Gomes was 5'3 and Silva was 5'8.

I've done some digging now and have found some other sites that say Gomes is anything between 5'3 and 5'6 and Silva could also be 5'7. I don't know what to think any more. Gomes looks tiny, though. One of the smallest players I've seen at this level. At least a couple of inches shorter than Silva, probably more.
This has been gone over on here ad nauseam. 5’3” was his height taken a few years ago and was never updated. If you see pictures of him next to Mata (same height as Silva) etc he’s max one inch shorter.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Gomes and Greenwood are stars in the making. Chong will have some big improving to do if he is to make it, but probably not at United anyway.

In Rainbows

Gomes and Greenwood are stars in the making. Chong will have some big improving to do if he is to make it, but probably not at United anyway.
I've been putting my faith in Greenwood, Garner, and Gomes for a while. Chong had an underwhelming season for the u23s last season, so I'm not sure why people expected much from him. Never deserved to win the u23 award.

SambaBoy

I don't see enough in Gomes to think he will have a career here. Same with Chong.

Greenwood has a good chance if he can stay clear of injuries, the boy clearly has a lot of talent and hopefully he can be integrated well into the team.