ICC World T20 2016

prath92

loved that 6 he hit off Faulkner. He charged down, Faulkner tried to cramp him, he adjusted and hit it for six. Insane!

prath92

Dude! Kohli averages something insane like 90+ when chasing in T20s! T20s! 9 times out of 10 he is going to win you the match in high pressure situations.
Nah, Sachin was pretty incrdible in IPL too. I think he was the highest run scorer (orange or blue cap or whatever. i forgot) in 2012 IPL or so. He could find boundaries at will. It was like watching a graduate attempting Kindergarten exams. I have no doubt that had t20 been there in his prime, he would have been 100 times better than AB/Kohli/Amla right now.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I don't want to get into the comparisons but I despise people who put down the achievements of the modern players using any reason possible. Likes of Virat would have been magnificent in any era of the game.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I always support WI even when they play India. My order of preference in any cricket tournament is WI, India (my country) and England (they used to lose so much that you had to cheer them on)

But the teams I support tend to lose, so I'm guessing India will beat Windies handily.

prath92

I don't want to get into the comparisons but I despise people who put down the achievements of the modern players using any reason possible. Likes of Virat would have been magnificent in any era of the game.
this. I think Virat is the closest we have to a Tendulkar successor. Wouldnt even be surprised if he beats the 100 centuries mark. He already has 36 and can easily play another 10 years

MJJ

I always support WI even when they play India. My order of preference in any cricket tournament is WI, India (my country) and England (they used to lose so much that you had to cheer them on)

But the teams I support tend to lose, so I'm guessing India will beat Windies handily.
*Searches for pakistan* okay :(

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
And all this Tendulkar or Kohli debate, players like Richards, Lara and Tendulkar have reached a watermark, like Pele and Maradona in football. No matter what other cricketers do, they will always be ranked below them. Even in football, there have been great players since Pele and Maradona but even if their stats match up to the big two, they will be put down based on 'emotion' and 'context'

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
And all this Tendulkar or Kohli debate, players like Richards, Lara and Tendulkar have reached a watermark, like Pele and Maradona in football. No matter what other cricketers do, they will always be ranked below them. Even in football, there have been great players since Pele and Maradona but even if their stats match up to the big two, they will be put down based on 'emotion' and 'context'
Bang on.

Neutral

BTV
Bangladesh kept India in the tournament, but I think India will win it now.

I expect the Windies to choke and for India to beat NZ in the final

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
From Twitter -

181 runs for Rohit, Dhawan, Yuvraj and Raina so far in 16 innings. Three less than Kohli's got on his own.

:lol:
For fecks sake!

To think we only brought Rahane as backup. Can't even change it up if we want.

zing

Zingle balls
Rohit, Dhawan, Yuvraj and Raina.. two out of them should've gone out for RAhane and maybe someone like Pandey

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We've got to endure this batting lineup until the world cup ends. Their are more chances of me sleeping with Deepika Padukone than Dhoni changing the team for semi finals unless it's injury enforced.

Spoony

The People's President
You know Spoony admires Kohli when he can only comment on eyebrows. And not how he isn't as elegant or good as Michael Vaughan.

Vaughan was on his way to becoming the greatest ever. But yeah Kohli is fantastic, he's got that amazing ability to make folk(me!) want to punch him and admire his brilliance at the same time. Love watching him. He's got nerves of steel - you can't teach that.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I expect the Windies to choke and for India to beat NZ in the final
Windies spinners are very underrated. They bowl in the PP so they might be able to expose Kohli very early on.

Toss will be crucial as both teams like to chase. I always say that it's criminal to win the toss and bat first vs India. 9/10 times it won't end well. Letting them chase is playing it into their hands.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
WOW! What an innings. We just have to stand up and admire. We needed more than 12 runs an over towards the end and we finished the game WITH 5 balls to spare. THAT is just astonishing. Hopefully we can carry this into the semis.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
The positive way to look at it is Rohit, Raina, Dhawan and Yuvrak can't keep on failing. They have to fire at some point.

Boycott

:lol: Am glad I made a difference! Yeah, I really really dislike the current team. :(
I see the media have already wheeled out Imran Khan to discuss the art of captaincy after another tournament elimination.

NinjaFletch

In hindsight it looks like it set us up well but Kohli's innings doesn't happen every time.
Nah, look back through the comments. I think only (understandably) jittery Indian fans didn't think you were in control through those middle overs. Yeah it relied on executing well at the back end of the innings, but every game plan ever relies on executing well.

After you went three down that was all absolutely text-book, the consolidation, the accumulation keeping wickets in hand, and then taking the game deep. They all, Virat, Yuvraj, and Dhoni, played the role that was needed of them at the time.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Rahane just deserves a chance. One of Sharma or Dhawan HAVE to be sacrificed for the semis. They need fire again today. They have done so this tournament. Too much politics in play always when it comes to team selection in India.

Skills

Snitch
He would've won the last t20 world cup on his own too if it wasn't for Yuvraj playing the worst t20 innings ever in the final. That chase against South Africa was incredible too.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The Aussie team of the 90s-00s are labelled arrogant.

Are you now saying they weren't arrogant as their dominance was real and their superiority span three consecutives World Cups?

That's exactly what I am saying.

The same is true of people like SAF, Mourinho, Ronaldo 7, etc who have also been labelled arrogant. Its an incorrect statement because they deliver or sometimes even over deliver vs their personal projection of themselves.

Skills

Snitch
How is Kohli arrogant? He's a bit aggressive and competitive and tries to get an edge when he's on the pitch, but his bat does most of the talking. Never seen him talk out of place off the pitch.