ICC World T20 2016

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Funny situation before the game in Mohali tonight for me. I want to see Australia win against India but in hit and giggle twenty20, i find myself barracking for players more than teams. If Virat Kohli (my favourite batsman from all teams and countries) gets a big score, it probably ensures India wins and Australia are out.

MDFC Manager

Reading that the pitch will be different from the one Aussies played two days ago. Probably another turner?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'd be astounded if it's not a raging turner. AUS only has one good spinner in their team, Adam Zampa. India's spinners will probably enjoy bowling on the Mohali pitch tonight. I hope if India win, there's no talk here of a doctored pitch being an excuse. If Australia took Nathan Lyon with them, they'd have Lyon and Zampa, two quality spinners who could bowl well and hopefully keep the score down for 40% of the innings with Maxwell hopefully chipping in with four serviceable overs of off spin.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We've got useless pitches so far.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Australia's T20 batting looks scarily good on paper.
Bowling is a weakness though. Worried your spinners are going to keep the scoring down to the extent where wickets will fall regularly. The last time Australia's very best team played India in a twenty20 was Australia day in Adelaide and India bowled brilliantly.

NinjaFletch

Probably wrong, but can't see Aus winning. If its a turner India will cope better, if its flat, then they smashed Australia in their own backyard on flat pitches.

[QUOTE="Ijazz17, post: 18980376, member: 97925"]I didn't see any post where his name was brought up except the MJ twitter post. But I am guessing it's a debate between Smith and Root for who has the 5th spot in all formats alongside, Amla, AbD, Kohli, Willamson ? If that's the case, Smith for me, but only because He's already the captain in all three formats. The leadership hasn't fazed him or weighed him down one bit.[/QUOTE]

Because no one is disputing his place.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
If India go out today, there won't be any Asian team in the knockout stages of a WC in Asia.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Bloody love Afghanistan. They have to let the associate nations play more cricket and not push them out of big international tournaments.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Yup. I don't think many players have really dominated both ODI's and Test simultaneously, and now T20s are also in the equation. The exceptions I remember are probably Tendulkar & Ponting and which is why they're two of the best to ever play.
Let's not forget Lara. He was great in both forms of the game. A real pressure player too, you could trust him to deliver in crunch games. Love the way he carried a mediocre West Indies side in the 90s.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
How the hell do Pakistan have second best dot ball percentage in this WT20? They couldn't rotate the strike to save their lives.

Windies dealing with 50 % dot balls is bad. There are no excuses to play out 10 overs with dots.

KM

The DJ at the stadium is playing Afghan Jalebi :lol:

KM

Afghanistan have been very impressive in this tournament. Should've won against England too. Not trolling, but I think they've been better than Pakistan, Bangladesh in this.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Loser of SA-SL will probably finish below Afghanistan. Hope it is Saffers.

Edit: Thought Saffers' NRR was negative. They need to be beaten heavily in that case.

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Now, i'd like to see the other country starting with the letter ''A" win tonight.

MDFC Manager

Afghanistan have been very impressive in this tournament. Should've won against England too. Not trolling, but I think they've been better than Pakistan, Bangladesh in this.
Yup they could have beaten SL as well.

Really? Root not in the top 5 batsmen in the world
Do any of you watch cricket?

Runs in last two years, all formats

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...4;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting

Williamson - 4994 @58.67
Root - 4531 @54.59
Smith - 4438 @62.2
Amla - 3767 @49.56
Kohli - 3664 @49.91

He's top class, definitely in the top five, and a case could be argued for him being the best when in those two years he has played

SA (a), Pak (n), Aus (h), NZ (h), WI (a), Ind (h), SL (h), Aus (a)

So hardly padded his figures against Bangladesh

NinjaFletch

Really? Root not in the top 5 batsmen in the world
Do any of you watch cricket?

Runs in last two years, all formats

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...4;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting

Williamson - 4994 @58.67
Root - 4531 @54.59
Smith - 4438 @62.2
Amla - 3767 @49.56
Kohli - 3664 @49.91

He's top class, definitely in the top five, and a case could be argued for him being the best when in those two years he has played

SA (a), Pak (n), Aus (h), NZ (h), WI (a), Ind (h), SL (h), Aus (a)

So hardly padded his figures against Bangladesh
To be fair, thats skewed by England playing so much cricket. But he's definitely in the Top 5, Smith has definitely played more stats-paddy cricket over the time frame (fecking Adam Voges is averaging a Bradman like number of runs in this time period) helped by the fact Australia have played on absolute roads for the last two summers.

To be fair, thats skewed by England playing so much cricket. But he's definitely in the Top 5, Smith has definitely played more stats-paddy cricket over the time frame (fecking Adam Voges is averaging a Bradman like number of runs in this time period) helped by the fact Australia have played on absolute roads for the last two summers.
Yep, we've played a lot of test cricket, but he's still averaging 54 for all those game, so that's legit