ICC World T20 2016

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Pacers did very well in last 4 overs after that Moeen over. England doing the minimum expected at least for a change by qualifying through. Prior to tournament I was assuming them and SA to go through from that group.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
India vs Australia tomorrow is going to be a belter.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This has been a cracking tournament so far.

Skills

Snitch
This. Much better than the ODI World Cup. I love competitive games that go down to the wire, unlike ODI WC which was mostly one-sided. Batsmen dominated that entirely.
Every single edition of the World t20 has been class.

zing

Zingle balls
It's partly contributed by the format.. super 8s usually with 8 quality teams..

I don't remember specifics, but generally all the world cups have been excellent. They're making it once every 4 years after this one unfortunately.

zing

Zingle balls
I'm trying to see what I remember about the WCs..

2007, all of it..
2009, Pakistan won.. Amir, Afridi.. India go out meekly in that match against England
2011, England won.. Kieswetter and Lumb.. India got short balled.
2012, WI won.. can't remember how India got knocked out?
2014, Sri Lanka won.. India great in the groups and just ordinary in the finals..

India have had a great team for all the world cups though.. T20 generation of cricketers. Probably going to be not as good going forward for the next one at least.

Moby

Dick
Mate I'm just trying to make a rational point to explain why this chap is being very unreasonable for hating an entire nation for the acts of one idiot.
Like I said, you don't have a clue. It isn't based on the actions of one idiot. More like, it was expected for one of them to do that and the rest applaud. I also haven't said anything about the nation, only the cricket team and fans so go read the thing carefully before coming out in defense.

If you like them so much you are free to support and cheer for them, no one's stopping you.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

2007, all of it..
2009, Pakistan won.. Amir, Afridi.. India go out meekly in that match against England
2014, Sri Lanka won.. India great in the groups and just ordinary in the finals..

India have had a great team for all the world cups though.. T20 generation of cricketers. Probably going to be not as good going forward for the next one at least.
6 World Cups in 9 years :lol:

prath92

2007, all of it..

all i remember about 2012 was Gayle doing gangnam style dance every chance he got. i think india went out in the group stage on NRR?

Skills

Snitch
2007 - Gayle's hundred; Yuvraj's 6 sixes; last over final
2009 - Gayle's HUGE sixes at the oval; dilscoop
2010 - Hussey's SF carnage, England winning something
2012 - West Indies & Marlon Samuels; Shane Watson destroying the group stages; India twatting themselves out on NRR because of a lazy ass chase against Pakistan
2014 - Kohli vs SA; Yuvraj throwing away the final

Skills

Snitch
:lol:

Why was there a WC in 12 when one happened in 11? Two year gap is still understandable.
It was in 2010. Think it was to do with stopping it clashing with a World Cup and Champions Trophy.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Wasn't that the one where India won the game but got Faf'd out on NRR?

That was a funny WC. Chokers SA had the game vs Pakistan in the pocket until Gul hit some late sixes and knocked them out.

Samid

2014 Kohli was an absolute beast and deserved to win it on his own. Yuvraj's batting in the final was criminal.

2010 had Amir's quintuple wicket maiden vs Aus which was very funny and Hussey going mental as mentioned.

2009 is the one I remember the best. Caught a few games live including Gul's 5/6 vs NZ. Too bad fecking Asia gets all the tournaments these days, we want more cricket in Europe.

NinjaFletch

IIRC

England
Crashed out in the second round
Won

So now we're through, we've got a 100% chance of winning.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So who's now generalising on actions on few persons?

Going by your logic, I should probably generalise Muslims as terrorists, since you are such an expert on adjectives can you tell me the proper adjective going on the recent attacks?
You're twisting my point now. I made that reference to illustrate to aldo just how unfair and absurd his statement was.

Of course I do not believe it and have spent countless hours defending India to people who made such allegations.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
India vs Australia tomorrow is going to be a belter.
Will hopefully make up for the India Pakistna game that turned into a wet blanket.

Ideally I want Aus to bat first and post 190. Then let's see what India's much vaunted batting line up is made off.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Winding up Kohli of all people won't end well Mitch :eek:
Didn't worked well for Aussies and him personally when Kohli dominated him personally in two of the four test matches played last summer. Shame the rest didn't turn up,

Samid

Didn't worked well for Aussies and him personally when Kohli dominated him personally in two of the four test matches played last summer. Shame the rest didn't turn up,
Mitch doesn't agree with you.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Johnson :lol:

Kohli for Dhoni, agree with the rest.