Iker Casillas

UnitedRoadRed

Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas has rejected a move to Manchester City. The Premier League big spenders tabled a world record £129m bid. (Private Spanish radio station Cadena Ser)
Giddiness setting in fast now.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Anyone who actually believes this is a bit slow. First the idea of them actually bidding that much is insane, and even worse is the idea that Madrid would actually turn it down.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Anyone who actually believes this is a bit slow. First the idea of them actually bidding that much is insane, and even worse is the idea that Madrid would actually turn it down.
It doesn't say madrid did reject it

December_16

If, and I mean if, this story is true, how do City come up with this kind of figure exactly? Why not £83m, £97m, £112m or £204m?

Scholesgoals

See when they first took over i thought this was going to happen. 129m is a piss in the ocean to these guys 800 billion!!!

its like me spending 70p on a mars bar when they cost 45p

i dont know why they havent just gone 129million for each best player in every position.

ronnie dazzler

If, and I mean if, this story is true, how do City come up with this kind of figure exactly? Why not £83m, £97m, £112m or £204m?
buy out clause. So madrid don't have a choice. I think every spanish player has one, some sort of legal requirement. Its usually set at some obnoxious price. Its why Figo was able to move to Real, Barca could not stop it a sthey met the clause fee

kps88

If you go by the story Casillas rejected the move. Dont blame him really.

Brwned

It doesn't say madrid did reject it
If you go by the story Casillas rejected the move. Dont blame him really.
Fair point.

Still don't see why anyone believes this story, there've been reports that they've made bids for Villa, Ibrahimovic, Torres and they've all been proven to be bollocks.

Was the Buffon story proven to be bollocks as well?

prateik

129 m .. they couldve offered ilker 300k a week and he wouldve excepted it .

wht shit .. surely this cant be true

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
Basically if they want to the guys in charge there can and will spend this kind of money. The only way they won't sign a player they really want is if the player is opposed to the deal. And even in this case they could just offer to double his wage which would make it all the more possible.

They have a LOT of money and deadline day just gone gives you just a brief indication of how they'll go about their business.

Doogie

Was the Buffon story proven to be bollocks as well?
He said that if such an offer (£50m+) came, Juve should sell him for the sake of the club. They could buy many great players with that money.
But I don't think there was any offer.

Dave89

There seems to be at least some sense of humour over there.

Some tosser said:
Why don't we sign Girls Aloud as our new 5-man/chick midfield? They may not be able to play, but at least they'll cost a lot in transfer fees, we'll have to pay them a fortune every week and we may sell a lot of t-shirts in Singapore.

Can I be head of marketing at mcfc?

davisjw

Complete and utter bollocks. Buffon is by far the better keep and if he came out and said 50 million is all it'd take, why go for someone who you're trying to pay over twice and is slightly less of a keeper? Plus Madrid would NEVER ignore money that high. They'd turn around and try and buy Ronaldo and another decent keep.

City wont go around and over spend that much. They were bought by shrewed businessmen who will spend but I can't see them throwing money away... I'm actually quite interested to see what circus they bring in...

cj_sparky

This story smells of complete bull shit.

No offense to Mark Hughes but he is hardly control the players he already has at the club. Man City need to slow down and take their time in conquering the world.

I'm pleased it has brought some added excitement to derby day with them coming into money and the expectations that they will be competing. Yet on the evidence of Sunday they will need to spend Billions to buy the league....it would of been quicker for the owners to sponsor the league and get the trophey that way.

Put your cocks away Citeh fans!!!

Ekeke

Tiago Gomes has revealed his love of Manchester United stopped him from signing for rivals City in the summer.

The Portuguese midfielder was close to moving to Eastlands but instead switched to Romanian outfit Steaua Bucherest on loan from Estrela da Amadora.

The 23-year-old hopes to play for the Red Devils at some point in his career and so allowed his heart to tell him to go to Romania.

He told Steaua's official magazine: "I was a step away from going to the Premier League and joining Manchester City.

"But I have always been a big fan of Manchester United, a club I would love to play for at some point in my life.

"And I let my heart tell me I should join Steaua instead - a decision I don't regret."
No idea who he is, but good on him.

MJWHY

Tiago Gomes...........I have no idea who you are but top stuff!!!

Anyone know anything about him? FM geeks??

Brwned

I prefer Lloris to Akinfeev on Football Manager 2008 - although now I suppose it might be the other way round now that Lloris is with Lyon and harder to get. But Neuer and Adler are the other two decent ones in the game - I prefer Akinfeev, though, as he's usually the easiest to get for me.
:lol:

Oh right, we're talking purely in terms of Football Manager? I thought we were talking about real life.

I still haven't played the new football manager, I've never been great at the while downloading it off the internet thing, can't figure out how to work it. I might end up buying it some time though.

Or get Santa to bring me it.

:D

AttackingFlair

Complete and utter bollocks. Buffon is by far the better keep and if he came out and said 50 million is all it'd take, why go for someone who you're trying to pay over twice and is slightly less of a keeper? Plus Madrid would NEVER ignore money that high. They'd turn around and try and buy Ronaldo and another decent keep.

City wont go around and over spend that much. They were bought by shrewed businessmen who will spend but I can't see them throwing money away... I'm actually quite interested to see what circus they bring in...
Probably because he's younger and the second best keeper in the world. Buffon is still the best though.

Brwned

With the form Casillas was in last season and the way Cech was playing last season it's just not even a contest.

Cech didn't come back the same player while Casillas is continually improving on his weaknesses.

Buffon's still quite a bit ahead of Casillas though.