"I'll split him in two"-Roon on Ronny

Bearded but no genius

I cannot believe how insane the media circus involving this is.

The ref sent Rooney off.

Ronaldo doesn't have any cards.

England supporters are scapegoating him because he scored the clinching penalty, he's foriegn, he plays for Manchester United, and it is a lot easier to blame him than the FA for keeping Sven long beyond his sell-by date when it was clearly apparent he had the tactical ability of Ken Dodd.

The Kippax Kid

Smashed's number 1 fan and the caf's little blue a
MANCHESTER CITY FC. the pride of manchester.
jasonrh said:
England supporters are scapegoating him because he scored the clinching penalty, he's foriegn, he plays for Manchester United, and it is a lot easier to blame him than the FA for keeping Sven long beyond his sell-by date when it was clearly apparent he had the tactical ability of Ken Dodd.
no.

they are blaming ronaldo because he is a cheat.

Bearded but no genius

The Kippax Kid said:
no.

they are blaming ronaldo because he is a cheat.
Citeh Citeh Citeh Citeh Citeh Citeh etc.

Did he dive to get Rooney sent off?

Did Rooney push him?

It was never a red card offense in a million years, and the 'stamp' was accidental.

But from Ronaldo's angle it must have looked a lot worse than what it was. And it isn't as if Rooney has not been known to run across the field and involve himself in disciplinary issues that had feck all to do with him.

Frankly, we don't know that the result would have been any different with 11 men, given Sven's tactics.

PS. Hello, KK!

Bearded but no genius

The Kippax Kid said:
the english media have seen ronaldo cheat a friend.

maybe its because we are english we dont like that.
How has he "cheated" a friend?

Did he dive?

Did he bribe the ref?

You didn't seem to mind when Sven betrayed you all and went in for secret negotiations with Chelsea two years ago. In fact, the FA gave him a rise.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
vijay said:
The English media would spout more and more drivel and do their best to unsettle United's players. who cares
bit different this time cause we have two united players 'against' each other...or so the media would have you believe...

going to be a tough season...but United have the character to get through....and we need to support every player wearing the sacred shirt.

The Kippax Kid

jasonrh said:
Citeh Citeh Citeh Citeh Citeh Citeh etc.

Did he dive to get Rooney sent off?

Did Rooney push him?

It was never a red card offense in a million years, and the 'stamp' was accidental.

But from Ronaldo's angle it must have looked a lot worse than what it was. And it isn't as if Rooney has not been known to run across the field and involve himself in disciplinary issues that had feck all to do with him.

Frankly, we don't know that the result would have been any different with 11 men, given Sven's tactics.

PS. Hello, KK!

hello jas

i fail to see why you have "CITEH" in your post.

ronaldo butted him before the KO, complained to the ref after the tackle, then winked to the bench.

he didnt do himself any favours at all.

Bearded but no genius

Red Dreams said:
getting ready to get to bed...I work tomorrow :(

it past 12 here in Minnesota...
Its past 1, but I didn't get up until 2. :cool:

Julissa's got a four day weekend, so its like Christmas in July here.

Sorry you have to work. :(

The Kippax Kid

jasonrh said:
How has he "cheated" a friend?

Did he dive?

Did he bribe the ref?

You didn't seem to mind when Sven betrayed you all and went in for secret negotiations with Chelsea two years ago. In fact, the FA gave him a rise.
sven didnt get rooney sent off, although sven was poor as a manager, i agree.

with the players england have we should do better.

Red Dreams

The Kippax Kid said:
the english media have seen ronaldo cheat a friend.

maybe its because we are english we dont like that.
having seen the video and thought about it...and having read all the versions....

I think Ronaldo thought the free kick was going to given in England's favour...so he cajouled the ref...Rooney reacted...I'm still not sure if he got the red for the attempt to pull his leg/stamp whatever or the push on Ronaldo..

what I did not like was Ronaldo's wink at his bench...

all that does not make him a cheat though..

Red Dreams

jasonrh said:
Its past 1, but I didn't get up until 2. :cool:

Julissa's got a four day weekend, so its like Christmas in July here.

Sorry you have to work. :(
so far I have seen all the quarters and the semi on the 4th of July will be great.

I have 'begged an wangled' some time off to see the second semi...so all is OK.

Bearded but no genius

The Kippax Kid said:
hello jas

i fail to see why you have "CITEH" in your post.

ronaldo butted him before the KO, complained to the ref after the tackle, then winked to the bench.

he didnt do himself any favours at all.
The infamous "headbutt".

Except of course that they were grinning and giggling at each other both before and after that bit of evil violent conduct from the evil cheating foreigner.

I'm pretty sure Ronaldo was concerned about which way the foul was going to go. I don't see why he isn't allowed to speak to officials. He has said he merely was asking about the foul, not asking for a red card.

It was the dumbarsed official who gave the card.

Bearded but no genius

Red Dreams said:
Sven just took the wrong squad...and the tactics...well where were they?

pretty incompetent honestly.
And its a lot easier to blame the foreigner who plays for the most hated club in the country, and who scored the winning penalty than it is to look in your own back yard.

I support England, but there are worse times ahead with McSvennis. Why the FA felt they had to have the candidate sewn up before the WC is absolutely beyond me.

Red Dreams

The Kippax Kid said:
as daft as it sounds, if he did not wink at the bench i dont think there would have been the same furore.

the fact he did, made it all look pre-meditated.
I have supported our Ronnie all along...but I dont think he has the mental strenth to be Don Corleone...Rooney is mentally stronger...though he is one hot head...

Fergie has got his hands full though...

The Kippax Kid

jasonrh said:
The infamous "headbutt".

Except of course that they were grinning and giggling at each other both before and after that bit of evil violent conduct from the evil cheating foreigner.

I'm pretty sure Ronaldo was concerned about which way the foul was going to go. I don't see why he isn't allowed to speak to officials. He has said he merely was asking about the foul, not asking for a red card.

It was the dumbarsed official who gave the card.

anyway.

if ronaldo does happen to stay with you, what affect will it have team spirit at the rags?

rooney worked ever so hard to make the world cup, he wanted it badly and to see it dissappear possibly at the hands of someone he considered a mate must be incredibly galling for him.

Red Dreams

jasonrh said:
And its a lot easier to blame the foreigner who plays for the most hated club in the country, and who scored the winning penalty than it is to look in your own back yard.

I support England, but there are worse times ahead with McSvennis. Why the FA felt they had to have the candidate sewn up before the WC is absolutely beyond me.
having thought about it...McLaren is made of stronger stuff...a bit conservative but at least he is not an 'idiot'....and he must have learned something from SAF... ;)

Red Dreams

The Kippax Kid said:
anyway.

if ronaldo does happen to stay with you, what affect will it have team spirit at the rags?

rooney worked ever so hard to make the world cup, he wanted it badly and to see it dissappear possibly at the hands of someone he considered a mate must be incredibly galling for him.

KK...you still dont see it...

Rooney shot himself in the foot....silly boy that he is....but tbf...that was the strangest decisions so far in the WC...at worst it was a yellow...more an likely an England free kick.

Bearded but no genius

The Kippax Kid said:
anyway.

It didn't disappear at Ronaldo's hands, except to the extent that he scored the winning penalty.

I think Rooney and Ronaldo can handle the issue between themselves and everything can be ironed out.

Rooney is the one who pushed Ronaldo. All Ronaldo was doing was asking for the foul to go his way. They were opponents in that game.

And you pretend Ronaldo hasn't worked hard for two years and wanted the World Cup badly.

It must be galling for Ronaldo to see himself lied about and shat upon by the media and people of a nation that he moved to in order to play football for them, all because he dared play competitively in a World Cup match.

The Kippax Kid

Red Dreams said:
having thought about it...McLaren is made of stronger stuff...a bit conservative but at least he is not an 'idiot'....and he must have learned something from SAF... ;)
mclaren will do OK.

he just has to solve the eternal conumdrum, how to play lampard and gerrard in the same team and get the best out of both them.

something sven plainly failed at. hargreaves was easily our best midfielder and i didnt expect to be saying that before the world cup started

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
I don't think anything was premeditated, and if it was, then it was fecking stupid idea. I mean what, Ronaldo goes up to Scolari, 'First thing Rooney does that looks remotely bad I'll leg it to the ref, tell him send him off and let Wazza shove me about a bit, muhahaha'?

Referee was simply a soppy bugger to send him off. If it was planned, Ronaldo would've made an awful lot more of Rooney pushing him, he may even have gone directly to Rooney and gotten in his face and provoked a headbutt, because, feck, Rooney is a volatile player and he's more liable than most to respond like that, far more logical, if you want to get Rooney sent off you challenge him directly, and then you highlight what he does, Ronaldo clearly could've done that. But he didn't do either, he probably saw the appeal to the ref as nothing, not expecting to really accomplish anything, just a bit of a whine, there is no player who doesn't do it occasionally, Portuguese more than most. I doubt he ran up thinking it was a red card offence, or trying to make it seem like a red card offence.

So, I think the wink is of minor importance, it could've been acknowledging anything, hardly signalling the end of some cunning, devious master stroke because anyone who thinks that it was is blind to the fact there was no cunning, devious master stroke. Ronaldo was probably fecking shocked to see Rooney sent off, but I think it's pushing it if you're asking him to go and appeal to the ref to reconsider.

Bearded but no genius

Red Dreams said:

Rooney shot himself in the foot....silly boy that he is....but tbf...that was the strangest decisions so far in the WC...at worst it was a yellow...more an likely an England free kick.
It is for exactly this reason I started the (sadly now defunct) Wancolos For World Cup Final Referee Petition.

This has been the worst reffed span of 61 games I have ever seen.

Bearded but no genius

The Kippax Kid said:
mclaren will do OK.

he just has to solve the eternal conumdrum, how to play lampard and gerrard in the same team and get the best out of both them.

something sven plainly failed at. hargreaves was easily our best midfielder and i didnt expect to be saying that before the world cup started
Hargreaves is one of the few things he got right at this WC.

I admit to being completely surprised, and will personally apologise to his family for suggesting he was better off as fertiliser than as a midfielder.

The Kippax Kid

jasonrh said:
It must be galling for Ronaldo to see himself lied about and shat upon by the media and people of a nation that he moved to in order to play football for them,
he moved to this country to play for himself :wenger:

he has no ties to england, england owes him nothing and he certainly did not come here to play for the overwhelming majority of people.

we are a tolerant people, we can be forgiving and we respect heroes, we dont respect cheats it is against the english sense of fairplay.

Red Dreams

The Kippax Kid said:
mclaren will do OK.

...not sure if Lampard and Gerrad Can ever play together...probably Hargreaves and Gerrard or even Carrick with him...pitty Scholes has got on...now him with Gerrard would have been...oh well need to move on..

But Rooney..the best English player in a generation is very young...and a great team can still be built by the Euro Championship.

Bearded but no genius

Red Dreams said:
jason..you have it spot on buddy...

though I think SAF will sort it all out....man management is his strongest asset.
I think it can be done.

Whereas I don't at all know what to think about Ruud's future.

Rumour is he didn't see play in the final Dutch game because he had a strop at Van Basten about how he should always be playing. Sound familiar?

I'm hoping he'll have a chance to sort his head out (if that is indeed the problem) before the season starts. Frankly, I'm more worried about the Ruud situation than I am this media-driven mess.

The Kippax Kid

Red Dreams said:

i thought it was likely to be an england free kick.

the intervention of ronaldo did not help matters.

the wink made it look like it was planned

Red Dreams

jasonrh said:
I think it can be done.

Whereas I don't at all know what to think about Ruud's future.

Rumour is he didn't see play in the final Dutch game because he had a strop at Van Basten about how he should always be playing. Sound familiar?

I'm hoping he'll have a chance to sort his head out (if that is indeed the problem) before the season starts. Frankly, I'm more worried about the Ruud situation than I am this media-driven mess.
Ruud does have That arrogance...and SAF finally had to put his foot down...hope Ruud has learnt his lesson...imo he still has much to contribute...

lets hope..

Bearded but no genius

The Kippax Kid said:
we are a tolerant people, we can be forgiving and we respect heroes, we dont respect cheats it is against the english sense of fairplay.
Errant, anti-foreigner, ABU, borderline-racist twaddle.

Crouch pulled a player by his dreadlocks in order to score against the mighty T&T.

Gerrard dove for a penalty against all-conquering Hungary in a friendly.

Red Dreams

The Kippax Kid said:
i thought it was likely to be an england free kick.

the intervention of ronaldo did not help matters.

the wink made it look like it was planned

I can see how would have been the case...

well good night KK...must be early in the morning there right??

talk to you later Jason. Good Night.

The Kippax Kid

Red Dreams said:
...not sure if Lampard and Gerrad Can ever play together...probably Hargreaves and Gerrard or even Carrick with him...pitty Scholes has got on...now him with Gerrard would have been...oh well need to move on..

But Rooney..the best English player in a generation is very young...and a great team can still be built by the Euro Championship.
i think we have found out things at this world cup that will stand us in good stead for the future.

rooney is class, but not a lone forward
after rooney and owen and probably crouch we are struggling for forwards
hargreaves is good holding midfielder.
robinson is not international class
lennon has incredible potential
we have no outstanding succesor to neville
our squad overall is not as good as the other top teams