"I'll split him in two"-Roon on Ronny

TheRedFlag

Not feeling himself tonight
You're an idiot, Andy.

Cronaldo will waste no time at all if he was given a chance to pen a deal at Madrid, he want's to leave.

The lad is a traitor and backstabbing little twit.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Ronaldo SHOULD feel sorry for rooney because I don't believe rooney was going to get sent off until he went up to the ref. It wasn't a dirty game, no real bad challanges and I think the refs this world cup have been diabolical but Ronaldo DID influence the ref and he's being nieve. I guess though it shows the mentality of people, some people would do ANYTHING to get what they want, we play it fair and incidently if it was ronaldo that did the same incident I don't think rooney would have ran over to the ref

Big Andy

Bloke
TheRedFlag said:
You're an idiot, Andy.

Cronaldo will waste no time at all if he was given a chance to pen a deal at Madrid, he want's to leave.

The lad is a traitor and backstabbing little twit.
Bryan Robson wanted to leave once...

Big Andy

Bloke
Coincidentally, one Steven Gerrard also expressed his desire to leave Liverpool this time last year...

TheRedFlag

Big Andy said:
Bryan Robson wanted to leave once...
Yes he did, he was coming towards the end of his career and wanted to take up a new role as player manager..

TheRedFlag

Big Andy said:
Coincidentally, one Steven Gerrard also expressed his desire to leave Liverpool this time last year...
Steven Gerrard does not effect Manchester United....

Big Andy

Bloke
TheRedFlag said:
Yes he did, he was coming towards the end of his career and wanted to take up a new role as player manager..
Actually, he wanted to leave even earlier than that...around about 89...

Fergie persuaded him to stay...

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Big Andy said:
Actually, he wanted to leave even earlier than that...around about 89...

Fergie persuaded him to stay...
Did he announce it to the media?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The Kippax Kid said:
i think we have found out things at this world cup that will stand us in good stead for the future.

rooney is class, but not a lone forward
after rooney and owen and probably crouch we are struggling for forwards
hargreaves is good holding midfielder.
robinson is not international class
lennon has incredible potential
we have no outstanding succesor to neville
our squad overall is not as good as the other top teams
We already knew most of that. IMO England have gained nothing from this world cup. Everything went freakishly according to expectations.

Rooney was never going to work as a lone striker, he likes the ball at feet, heading is the weekest part of his game. Forget the fact that you're lone striker was also not fully fit. Hargreaves is decent. To be honest, breaking things up isnt Englands main problem, they just dont know how to use the football. Even against Portugal where it they had the more goal threat, there was a difference in the passing. While Portugal and most teams in the world cup, pass freely with lots of interchanging of positions, one twos, one touch passing, England look least like a team out of the lot. Something needs to be done about that midfield.

Basically IMO Lampard and Gerrard were the biggest losers of this world cup. This was their chance to shine on the big stage, both being at the height of their powers in the last two years. England need someone like a Zidane, a Riquelme, who controls the pace of the game. Gerrard and Lampard have been shit at the international stage time and time again and theres no one to give direction to Englands play. These two should be doing that. Maybe England will have to start playing Rooney much deeper.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
FFS who needs the ABU press.

United fans are doing enough on their own.

Rooney deserved to be sent off FACT !!! You can whine all you like about the push not being enough to send someome off, but heres a player whos just cicrumcised a player with his studs, then pushing another player. Each offence on their own might not justify a red card, but the ref was there with a player who had clearly lost his head, was stamping on peoiple and pushing people. Its violent conduct. Rooney had lost control of his temper and the fact he lashed out at two players gave the ref no option other than to send him off.

Ronaldo ( much as how I am not impressed with him since hes been at United) did what any player would do. He didnt cheat. He just used his inside knowledge of Rooney to get the best result. Its hardly his fault if Rooney is stupid enough to fall into the trap.

IF Rooney wants to blame anyone he should look in the mirror. Hes the best player in the Prem by a long shot, but his temper will be his downfall. Anyone trying to pass the blame onto Ronaldo is a muppet.

SalfordMan

£25m is the fee being thrown around at the moment if we have a replacement i would let him go, has great individual talent but not a team player. And you cant win anything on your own that 25m might get us Mascherano and Lennon :)

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Completly agree with both Big Andy and Fred here.

Cannot believe how quickly Ronaldo was being lined up as the scapegoat - the BBC were on it in no time.

Ronaldo did not get Rooney sent off. Rooney got himself sent off. Had Ronaldo fallen over when Rooney pushed him, then perhaps he would be deserving of a bit of blame. But he didn't.

I cannot believe how Rooney is escaping any real condemnation for his actions. Remember how Beckham was strung up after getting sent off? None of that with Rooney.

Also, for Shearer to say he should stick one on Ronaldo in training, or Rooney saying he's going to get revenge shows that they have both totally missed the point. Rooney needs to work on curbing his temper. Had he not stamped / pushed Ronaldo, then he wouldn't have been sent off.

BringbackBecks

The only person to blame about Englands exit from the world cup is the manager, poor squad selection combined with negative Italian style tactics. Rooney was largely ineffective in the lone striker role, had he not been sent off its my honest opinion that the result of the match would have sadly been the same. I say all this so that there can be no confusion about the basis for the opinion I am about to make public below. This is not sour grapes from an England fan.

The way I see it ronaldo was deliberately trying to wind up Rooney, what was that slow butt in the back of his head all about? :nono: These are supposed to be team mates? I've seen Club team mates at International level playing against one another actually speak up in each others favour begging the ref not send his mate off. You could see quite clearly that Ronaldo was delighted Rooney was sent off. I feel really bad for Rooney because Ronaldo has made him look a right prick in front of millions of people. Never mind Ronnie v Rooney, I see the little shit in Selfridges shopping again I'll chin him myself.

SalfordMan

Probably swinging the conversation here but does the rule book not say that if you headbutt someone you stand the chance of being sent off so whats the score with the Ronaldo incident at kickoff ??

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Rooney pushed Ronaldo, he was pushing a friend, because Ronaldo is asking for a 'foul' which he deserved, why no one is complaining?
I think Rooney is a big spoiled kid. No one will ever blame him whatever he did on the pitch. And he will cost us more big games in the future, because of his temparment and he will NEVER learn from it, which was also encouraged by England fans, because he is so important.
I hope the whole country will blame Rooney this time, like the way they did to Beckham before. Otherwise Rooney will always think he is absolutely right no matter how many red cards he got.

Great player though, still my favourite player.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
BringbackBecks said:
The only person to blame about Englands exit from the world cup is the manager, poor squad selection combined with negative Italian style tactics. Rooney was largely ineffective in the lone striker role, had he not been sent off its my honest opinion that the result of the match would have sadly been the same. I say all this so that there can be no confusion about the basis for the opinion I am about to make public below. This is not sour grapes from an England fan.

The way I see it ronaldo was deliberately trying to wind up Rooney, what was that slow butt in the back of his head all about? :nono: These are supposed to be team mates? I've seen Club team mates at International level playing against one another actually speak up in each others favour begging the ref not send his mate off. You could see quite clearly that Ronaldo was delighted Rooney was sent off. I feel really bad for Rooney because Ronaldo has made him look a right prick in front of millions of people. Never mind Ronnie v Rooney, I see the little shit in Selfridges shopping again I'll chin him myself.
You don't think that it was, in fact, Rooney who made himself look like a prick in front of millions by doing what he did to get sent off?

Marky the Oz

The Kippax Kid said:
wrong again.

even if portugal hadnt won the game, our world cup was fooked as rooney was banned from the semi.
This is what I don't get.

You got to the World Cup without Rooney. Zero goals in qualification.

You got the the Quarter finals without a goal from Rooney and I don't recall him being instrumental in the build up to the goals you did get.

He plays well for United, but for England since Euro 2004 he's done very little of note. England didn't need him to qualify, and they didnt to get quite far in the cup. You looked just as likely to get a goal, if not more so after Crouch came on and were a man down.

So how could you be more fecked in the semi's without him? He's done very little for the entire campaign. Englands problem was Sven. Going into the WC with fit striker, Crouchinho, 2 crocks and a kid.

You're just looking to blame Ronaldo because he's foreign and United.

Clueless

causes posters to develop an inability to understa
The worst thing about this whole saga is that I totally agree with what fredthered's saying.... :nervous:

Drifter

American
The Kippax Kid said:
wrong again.

even if portugal hadnt won the game, our world cup was fooked as rooney was banned from the semi.

crouch pulled someones hair! first i have read about this.

the british media are not on rooneys back at all, if anything he has come out of all of this smelling of roses.
England played better after Rooney was sent off.And england need Rooney so they hardly want to destroy him.

Big Andy

Bloke
So this "I'll split him in two" stuff has now been proven to be bollocks...what with Ronaldo coming out and saying that they've spoken and are fine with it...

wonder what they'll write about tomorrow?

TheRedFlag

Big Andy said:
So this "I'll split him in two" stuff has now been proven to be bollocks...what with Ronaldo coming out and saying that they've spoken and are fine with it...

Ronaldo fecks off to Madrid

hopefully anyway.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Big Andy said:

Add Ronaldo's comments to those of Rooney's, who says he has no issue with Ronaldo, then the bollocks that was printed in the press earlier looks even more ridiculous.

Just a pity that so many fans on here went along with it.

Bearded but no genius

swooshboy said:
Add Ronaldo's comments to those of Rooney's, who says he has no issue with Ronaldo, then the bollocks that was printed in the press earlier looks even more ridiculous.

Just a pity that so many fans on here went along with it.
Plus the complete quotes about not wanting a move...

The media has done a sensational job on the 'very little brain' crowd.

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
MUFC Champions 2006/2007: Where will the goals com
Big Andy said:
oh that naughty ronaldo...how dare he knock england out with a well taken penalty...how dare he have the audacity to try and get a free kick...how dare he not play in the best interests of his country...what was he supposed to do? He sees a foul, he asks the ref about it...fecking hell, how many times to United players surround the ref, getting involved, Rooney does it all the time...

Everyone wants to get a grip ffs...

its clear that that the ABU media are fuelling this...it wouldn't be a mojor competition if they couldn't villify a united player after it...and a young lad as well...

how does ANYONE know what the wink was about...maybe someone said "are you ok?" he gives a nod and a wink, so what...

If Rooney wants to twat Ronaldo, then he's just as much (if not more) of a cock...its his own misgivings he should be concentrating on...

I know, lets sell arguably one of the best young players in the world, because of something that happened when he was playing for his country...

feck OFF!!!
Agreed.

It's us against the world again, I quite like that personally.

It'll blow over. Fergusons the greatest manager to walk the earth, factually, he'll sort it out if it's an issue.

stumorley

VanNistelrater said:
It's very simple. The club and it's fans just have to ride this out. The media are trying to stir them, it's United fans jobs to stop shitting themselfs with excitement and see it for what it is.

Back Ronaldo, back Rooney, let the press move onto their next piece of meat, lets get a few good players in and get the fecking Football back underway, for christ sakes.
well said, i hope, for our sake that van the man, rooney and ronny are all here next season. with gabby and scholesy back, we'll be ready

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
The Sun is now reporting that Rooney said he wanted to split Ronaldo in two with a pick axe...

How do those muppets at the sun get a job in the first place?