Incident on London Bridge

Used to work in the area for a few years and I know it well. Plenty of days and nights around Borough Market, London Bridge, etc. Been in the bar shown in that video as well.

It's disgusting that this keeps happening. Credit to the police to responding so quickly though.

Zii

all this stick together dont be scared shit is bs. it is scary

the hea

Arresting and interning innocent people (especially minoririties) is only likely to alienate and turn people into extremists.
I'm not saying that the police and governments should be allowed to arrest whoever they want but we need to realize that this is a major problem in Europe and right now probably the biggest threat to our freedom. The only way I see to combat this is to give the police more ways to monitor people at least in the short term.

RedTiger

Half mast
I have a feeling the arrests and heightened police efforts following Manchester have spooked certain groups who have been plotting terror acts and accelerated their plans in fear of being thwarted. Hopefully the police will respond in kind and shut down the cells as quickly as they did in Manchester.
It's either them getting spooked or revenge for the death of ISIS top cleric.

Classical Mechanic

I'm not saying that the police and governments should be allowed to arrest whoever they want but we need to realize that this is a major problem in Europe and right now probably the biggest threat to our freedom. The only way I see to combat this is to give the police more ways to monitor people at least in the short term.
They need to increase the number of M16 agents and general police on the ground. The Tory cuts to those services have not helped.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
SUMMARY FROM REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/live/z1i00vs1iwx2/updates/8871a7e0-48ab-11e7-b417-0eeae5b88fc6

RECAP: There was an incident on the London Bridge where a car was seen travelling at a high rate of speed and running over people.
There are conflicting reports of how many suspects there are but anywhere from 1-3 suspects got out of the van and started stabbing people.
Multiple people are injured. No known number is official. Casualties are also reported but not confirmed.
There are also reports from nearby stores/cafes of suspects entering them and stabbing/shooting people. Still unconfirmed.
We are working to confirm all reports.

the hea

yes, that's the choice.

I personally don't have a problem with it, it could never affect me as I don't hold dangerous or illegal opinions on anything I'm aware of.

But once you break this principle, its gone forever and changes our constitutional rights as a citizen.
Not necessarily. Just because we change things in society to combat a threat doesn't mean we can't change things towards the opposite once the problem has been dealt with.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Not necessarily. Just because we change things in society to combat a threat doesn't mean we can't change things towards the opposite once the problem has been dealt with.
we can debate later?

Lyricist

From the reddit thread

BREAKING:

"Significant" gunfire reported and up to six shots fired near the Shard

There are now reports of" five or six shots" fired or explosions of some kind from witnesses on Southwark Street, about 300 yards from the Shard.

"The sense I'm getting is that this is not a situation that is over," LBC's reporter on ground has said. "This is still an incident that is very much ongoing".

BBC

"Police are searching for three suspects - reports

Police are now searching for three suspects, a BBC reporter at the scene says.

He says there are also reports that some people have been stabbed.

The priority for the police is now to get people - many whom where enjoying a nightout in central London - out of the area.

The police cordon is being moved further and further out, our reporter adds."

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I believe the gunfire was from the police. Hopefully there are no casualties and these 3 suspects get arrested quickly.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Oh come off it.
The Reddit feed is pulling together various sources, including the major news channels but also "unofficial" sources, which makes it more rounded. BBC are just filtering the information that they deem acceptable for us to know.