Incident on London Bridge

Zii

This is happening because pc hs gone mad, cant talk on the subject without being labelled a racist or bigot.

NYAS

That Sky News witness (called James) was hammered, they ended up just playing the audio of his interview and cut off the visuals.

I stayed at the Shard this time last month, so close and used to watch people cross that bridge from above every day.

People just getting ready to start their Saturday nights out in London, as well as all the fans trying to return from Cardiff. Absolute carnage in terms of transportation, surely.

Sick fecks.

Utdstar01

BREAKING:

"Significant" gunfire reported and up to six shots fired near the Shard

There are now reports of" five or six shots" fired or explosions of some kind from witnesses on Southwark Street, about 300 yards from the Shard.

"The sense I'm getting is that this is not a situation that is over," LBC's reporter on ground has said. "This is still an incident that is very much ongoing".

VIA REDDIT.

Dave89

This is happening because pc hs gone mad, cant talk on the subject without being labelled a racist or bigot.
Do you get all of your opinions from Sun columnists or just this one?

the hea

we can debate later?
Yes you are right now is probably not the best time to debate these things. I don't know why it was today, but the incident today really was what convinced me that this really is a major problem and something has to be done.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Optimistic.
It's infuriating how eager people are to be the bearers of bad news, even if it's only half cut rumours. There's always a weird rush to speculate about other potential follow up attacks in moments like this, that do nothing but create further panic and greater worry, often needlessly. It's like it's a film and they can't wait to tell people spoilers, or predict the twists. It doesn't help at all.

Ban

And to think people are devastated and depressed about our transfer dealings. In times like these and after this kind of incidents realized how insignificant football and transfer window is.

All this is just horrible. If only you can say it will stop. But you can't.

pauldyson1uk

Reports say that incident is still ongoing - police tell people in local bars and restaurants to get on the floor

Police have been entering bars and restaurants in the area and telling customers to get down on the floor amid reports that the incident is still ongoing.

Acole9

Outstanding
And to think people are devastated and depressed about our transfer dealings. In times like these and after this kind of incidents realized how insignificant football and transfer window is.

Yep definitely, all of that counts for absolutely nothing when you hear about stuff like this.

Classical Mechanic

On the other hand, one of the attractive aspects of following a football team is to escape from the heavy realities of the world.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Met confirm shots fired, incident at Vauxhall as well.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Fecking hell this makes it sound bad

Zii

Oh feck off you stupid cnut. See, didn't call you either of those things.
See, i said nothing rude, just opened discussion but was shot down. Sticking your fingers in your ear and singing doesn't help and just because you cant accept it doesn't mean that it isn't going on. Serious talks need to happen, these tragic events are becoming far too common

Acole9

Outstanding
The Mrs was around that area yesterday afternoon meeting a couple of our friends who had come down for a couple of days, scary. I hope everyone there tonight is ok.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
It's infuriating how eager people are to be the bearers of bad news, even if it's only half cut rumours. There's always a weird rush to speculate about other potential follow up attacks in moments like this, that do nothing but create further panic and greater worry, often needlessly. It's like it's a film and they can't wait to tell people spoilers, or predict the twists. It doesn't help at all.
It's a way to garner attention over yourself. You're saying something that will captivate others' attention. Very human after all, I think almost everyone has a bit of that on themselves, some just use it more cautiously and intelligently than others.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I wouldn't read too much into the shooting, people like to create panic in these situations (heavens knows why) but I can't believe in London they would be able to smuggle guns into the country to be used on civilians.

Acole9

Outstanding
They're saying lets not jump to conclusions but it's hard not to after all that's happened over the last couple of years now. It's almost like we should accept this now but this can't go on, something has to be done, I don't know what but something needs to happen.

Dobba

See, i said nothing rude, just opened discussion but was shot down. Sticking your fingers in your ear and singing doesn't help and just because you cant accept it doesn't mean that it isn't going on. Serious talks need to happen, these tragic events are becoming far too common
No, you said something stupid hence the terminology in the reply. Don't then pretend you want 'serious talks', you'd already concluded why it had happened according to you.

spwd

I wouldn't read too much into the shooting, people like to create panic in these situations (heavens knows why) but I can't believe in London they would be able to smuggle guns into the country to be used on civilians.
Eh?