India politics thread

Nickelodeon

With every new low, it just feels that another one is just around the corner. I struggle to believe that there’s another country which has such citizen apathy.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
With every new low, it just feels that another one is just around the corner. I struggle to believe that there’s another country which has such citizen apathy.
Unfortunately it's more common than we can imagine. All flavours of Star Trek got it wrong. Humans would not evolve into a utopian society that didn't need currencies or wars. The reality is the exact opposite. We are devolving at a massive pace.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It was a truly horrible watch. I have a son that age and couldn't stop imagining him standing there. Sickening.
Post of the incident last page has been deleted. I assume it's the following? If so, that is absolutely abhorrent & despicable...

RedDevil@84

Time to change the thread name

Edit: It will be funny if IUML and CPI/CPIM and AIMIM come out with announcements that they will be replacing the India in their names with Bharat.
BJP won't be ready for that.

It will be funnier if Indian Mujahideen and PFI rebrand themselves with the Bharat name :D :D

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
All those girls in the West called India will now have to be renamed Bharat. Identity crisis or what. :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
1. Because the opposition formed a unified coalition front and named it I.N.D.I.A
2. Because the current govt and the PM has a small d**k insecurity. So runs the country like a circus.
Yup. And of course so they can deeper their claim of ownership over Indian culture. It’s literally at a point where I think they could do pretty much anything and their media lapdogs will have the masses lapping it up.

I don’t know if this rumoured monumental waste of time will go though, but I’m sticking to India. Heck I still use Bombay and always will.

MDFC Manager

1. Because the opposition formed a unified coalition front and named it I.N.D.I.A
2. Because the current govt and the PM has a small d**k insecurity. So runs the country like a circus.
Tughlaq continues to unravel himself...

Cloud7

All those girls in the West called India will now have to be renamed Bharat. Identity crisis or what. :lol:
West Indies gonna be renamed West Bharats. I suspect people will laugh at me when I tell them that is where I am from.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Haven't really been keeping up with politics in the subcontinent, any chance these oxygen wasters get kicked out of office any time soon? Or is the country doomed indefinitely? I mean the life expectancy isn't that high, surely the PM doesn't have too long left.

amolbhatia50k

Haven't really been keeping up with politics in the subcontinent, any chance these oxygen wasters get kicked out of office any time soon? Or is the country doomed indefinitely? I mean the life expectancy isn't that high, surely the PM doesn't have too long left.
Can’t see it anytime soon. They’ll win the elections next year so at the very least another 6 years of this regime. I’m worried we’ll see another decade of this shit and where we would have reached in such time.

RedDevil@84

any chance these oxygen wasters get kicked out of office any time soon?
I don't see a chance for another 6-10 years at least. And I think the damage will be too great by that time. I think after winning elections next year, big changes will be made to the laws and govt entities so that consolidation of power is easier and opposition in most states are irrelevant or joining BJP. I think we will see loads of authoritarian changes in next term.

I mean the life expectancy isn't that high, surely the PM doesn't have too long left.
Most politicians live well into their 80s-90s. And there is no retirement age. Anyways, BJP will just get Yogi or some other polarizing leader to replace Modi soon.

RoyH1

So many questions.

What are we to do about the Indian Ocean and Indian subcontinent now?

When I call my wife and tell her that I don't fancy cooking tonight is it ok to say "let's just get some Bharatan tonight?"

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
When I call my wife and tell her that I don't fancy cooking tonight is it ok to say "let's just get some Bharatan tonight?"
Well at least it brings you closer to what it will sound like afterwards. :)

RedDevil@84

Perhaps not the best thread but...

Oh damn. The Whatsapp uncles are gonna claim surgical strike of terrorists on Canadian soil. Went to the West and killed a terrorist. The whatsapp groups will be celebrating with their Jai Hinds.
While Indian govt will categorically deny any involvement, their party leaders will claim credit for this. This double game has been a constant part of the BJP govt.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Yeah, despite diplomatic response, Indian RW if not everyone except extreme left, will see this as a huge win for India. Most Indians have for a long time, harboured fantasies of using Israel like assassinations for anyone deemed terrorist by the state. This will definitely be a poll pitch for BJP, similar to surgical strikes before last election.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Yeah, despite diplomatic response, Indian RW if not everyone except extreme left, will see this as a huge win for India. Most Indians have for a long time, harboured fantasies of using Israel like assassinations for anyone deemed terrorist by the state. This will definitely be a poll pitch for BJP, similar to surgical strikes before last election.
i agree but they will want something bigger.
of course there is the mandir, but maybe something violent too...

amolbhatia50k

No wonder I’ve been so much Tredeau bashing in the media.

i agree but they will want something bigger.
of course there is the mandir, but maybe something violent too...
There will be more than enough ammunition for them from now till poll. When the Modi’s birthday can be a reason for channels to celebrate on their prime time shows, anything can be used as a winning poll story.

amolbhatia50k

I mean, ‘most’ are also supportive of the bulldozer raj that’s become prominent amongst thug CMs like Yogi. I’m not sure if that’s actually what people would want or just the sort of news they’re fed or maybe just our entitled but influential upper middle class that has shifted heavily to the extreme right in its views.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I mean, ‘most’ are also supportive of the bulldozer raj that’s become prominent amongst thug CMs like Yogi. I’m not sure if that’s actually what people would want or just the sort of news they’re fed or maybe just our entitled but influential upper middle class that has shifted heavily to the extreme right in its views.
I think this is an issue where ever most Congress supporters won't push back against BJP. This is kind of a no-win issue for opposition, they can't speak against optics of India targeting who most will perceive as terrorist from Indian vantage. General public is not going to care about international jurisprudence and morality of extra judicial killings. Heck, even western citizens don't care about that.

RedDevil@84

Even if Canada comes forward with all the proofs, not sure anything is gonna happen. It is not like US will put heavy sanctions on India.