Internationals March (Euro Qualifiers)

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
But they can sub the most active footballer in Europe this season or next time he'll be injured like Rashford. Especially for pointless games like this one.
They’re not pointless to them. He’s the new gaffer there so I can understand why he’d want to see a lot of the best players and how they can improve etc. He might as well think that ”I wish EtH would rest him every now and then so he’d be fresh for our games”.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He is a professional footballer who is in his prime years. If he was feeling extremely fatigued, I'm sure he would let the medical team and the manager know. He wants to play and isn't struggling. This obsession with how much he plays has to stop. He is basically immune to injuries or illness :lol:
Plus his build (he’s basically built like a marathon runner) and playstyle - he’s not a particularly explosive runner, nor does he ever go on mazy runs where he’s going to get poked and kicked at. (He’s on the deck a lot but that’s mostly down to his dives.)

He covers a lot of distance every game but it’s pretty vertical movement between the two boxes. Fernandes can more than play the matches he’s given. He’s probably going to whine and complain if you didn’t play him. I do think there’s a portion of our fanbase who think if he does get rested a few games, the sloppiness to his game will get cut out. Don’t see how, but hey.

top1whoisman

Scout
Well this match is over. From the Portuguese pov we should rest our most important players such as Bruno.

Bruno off for Otavio
Rest for what, their next games at their clubs? Why would the Portuguese coaching staff care about that? Surely they want to get their goal difference up early in the group.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Bruno gets 15 minutes rest. Should last him till the end of the season, I reckon

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Rest for what, their next games at their clubs? Why would the Portuguese coaching staff care about that? Surely they want to get their goal difference up early in the group.
Goal difference against whom? The mighty Slovakia?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I sincerely doubt we will need to worry about goal difference. He already knows what he gets with Bruno. I'd prefer him to play 90 minutes against decent opponents. This wasn't a real test.

top1whoisman

Scout
I sincerely doubt we will need to worry about goal difference. He already knows what he gets with Bruno. I'd prefer him to play 90 minutes against decent opponents. This wasn't a real test.
Of course I’d prefer that too. And I wish we could also be 100% sure of the outcome before matches so that we could play Phil Jones & the kids. But that’s not how football works. Anyway happy to hear he eventually got subbed.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We can hardly complain about Portugal playing him too much when we have constantly been running him into the ground at United.

glasgow 21

Was awful
absolutely as was all of them calling Rashford position in England team into question as he missed these 2 games. Surely they weren't talking about the same Rashford that was scoring for fun both sides of the world and was hardly used even when he scored 3 goal at WC of scraps.?.

Pintu

We can hardly complain about Portugal playing him too much when we have constantly been running him into the ground at United.
We pay his wages... And we haven't had many 5-0 games where we could rest him for 30/45 mn with no major influence on the result...

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We pay his wages... And we haven't had many 5-0 games where we could rest him for 30/45 mn with no major influence on the result...
Clubs have to allow players to play for their country regardless of who pays the wages. And we have played Bruno needlessly as well. Against Betis 2nd leg or the mighty Forest 2nd leg in the league cup for example. Both times we had a favourable 1st leg win.

Real Name

International breaks are so boring.
Why do we get a lot of posts like this in internationals thread thread all the time. Ok we get it, you find it boring, why post its boring in internationals thread. This isnt aimed at you, just in general.

KeanoMagicHat

Why do we get a lot of posts like this in internationals thread thread all the time. Ok we get it, you find it boring, why post its boring in internationals thread. This isnt aimed at you, just in general.
Yeah it's pretty annoying, not everyone supports England who waltz through qualifying in an unexciting way. Personally I'm really excited to see Ireland play France tonight.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Harry Kane – 18
  • Frank Lampard – 9
  • Wayne Rooney – 7
  • Alan Shearer – 6
  • Ron Flowers – 6
  • David Beckham – 5
  • Gary Lineker – 4
  • Geoff Hurst – 4
  • David Platt – 3
  • Tom Finney – 3
  • Alf Ramsey – 3
  • Bobby Charlton – 3
  • Marcus Rashford – 3
  • Allan Clarke – 3
  • Mick Channon – 3
Rooney's top and even Owen has more goals without the pens counted.
thanks for this... I did suspect Kane wouldn't be top but didn't realise it was that many penalties!

top1whoisman

Scout
Lindelöf starts, Elanga on the bench.

WW starts, Malacia on the bench.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Just out of interest what uk channels show qualifiers now. It used to be sky sports for years but not anymore

in Ireland we have 3 different places to watch

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Other countries should really get the option to opt out of playing Gibraltar and just take the 3 points by default.

Baxquux

Rep aren't allowing France to create much, but even given the gulf in general talent between the teams they're not trying to do enough with the ball,, even if it's hitting the channels and getting runners supporting the striker. Rather than just being constantly forced back, , hit up strategically, win territory, look for layoffs if you can't rely on proper interplay through the middle or pace on the wings.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Still a joke that he plays at LB. Deschamps is a pretty poor tactician.
edit: not tonight Obviously
He's playing in midfield tonight
edit: heh.

PoTMS

Are we really looking at Kolo Muani? For the prices being banded around, he looks underwhelming to say the least.

Baxquux

Ferguson looks no worse than Kane did when playing in a 'prime' Hodgson England team, so there's that...

Paul_Scholes18

Lindelöf not looking good. As a Swede we are not looking good. Forsberg class, but rest quite bad.

Isak look bad, but he probably score against United.