Is football cancelled for the next week? | Man United-Leeds & Chelsea-Liverpool postponed

RedDevilRoshi

Go to work as a normal working class citizen but give up your spare time of leisure & entertainment to mourn even though not everyone feels the same way for the monarchy.

AussieDevil

Senator Lidia Thorpe described Britian’s Elizabeth 11 as a “colonizing” queen and raised her fist in a black power salute while taking the oath in Australia's parliament. Guess not every Ozzie thinks like you then.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA LIDIA THORPE :lol:

I sincerely hope you understand how silly that makes you look. I needed a laugh this morning, thank you.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Imagine all those people who travelled from different countries to catch a game this weekend.

AussieDevil

Again I don't know what you are talking about, you aren't offering any sort of ration debate.

It's Just soundbites, it's my queen she is cherished around the world, shut the whole world down, you will live, it's only football :lol:

Pretty much summing up how daft it is
You keep on moving the goal posts. One second it’s because people are out of pocket, the next it’s because you want your kids to run around a field.

Step back for a second, understand you’re witnessing a key moment in history and just let it play out how it will.

I don’t truly don’t understand why one weekend off seems to be shaking you to the core?

Revan

Assumptionman
Imagine all those people who travelled from different countries to catch a game this weekend.
They get better than football though. They get to experience the forced mourning of a nation. Events like this are rare. The last one happened in 2011 when Kim Jong-il checked out.

David De Gea

Think all of this forced sadness and mandated mourning, culminating in cancelling football, is only going to turn more people against the whole thing. Its been building and building but the more this goes on I think it just makes the whole thing a bit of a farce. I have no doubt there are a lot of people (mainly from a certain generation) across Britain and even N. Ireland will feel a sadness like they have lost someone close but I think the majority see it as big news though not something that puts the rest of life on hold.

A young royal dying in tragic circumstances I can maybe understand but a 97 year old women dying after literally the fullest life you could live just doesn't strike me as this great tragedy requiring nationwide mourning.

JB7

Think all of this forced sadness and mandated mourning, culminating in cancelling football, is only going to turn more people against the whole thing. Its been building and building but the more this goes on I think it just makes the whole thing a bit of a farce. I have no doubt there are a lot of people (mainly from a certain generation) across Britain and even N. Ireland will feel a sadness like they have lost someone close but I think the majority see it as big news though not something that puts the rest of life on hold.

A young royal dying in tragic circumstances I can maybe understand but a 97 year old women dying after literally the fullest life you could live just doesn't strike me as this great tragedy requiring nationwide mourning.
We adding years onto the ages of everyone now, not just footballers to make them seem older?

Infra-red

I am a bit amused that what seemed the most obvious excuse for a bank holiday ever, that people have been banking on happening for as long as I've been alive, and we're not even getting one!
We've known that there would be no bank holiday since 2017.

JustinC00

So was this really the FA's choice or were they basically forced into being the one's to publicly make the choice? Absolutely moronic that they chose knowing that next week would probably be postponed as well to postpone this week with how congested this season is.

BorisManUtd

A minute of silence would have been enough. horrible decision
Minute of silence is for example fo Sir Bobby Robson, big football and sports legend. Queen Elizabeth was reigning monarch fo 70 years, longest-reigning Monarch in British history so it's not a small thing, as much as I personally am not monarchy fan or anything but it's understandable.

Red00012

So was this really the FA's choice or were they basically forced into being the one's to publicly make the choice? Absolutely moronic that they chose knowing that next week would probably be postponed as well to postpone this week with how congested this season is.
UK government said armbands and a minutes silence were sufficient. Absolute farce

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The odd thing is, life is carrying on as normal, absolutely nothing has changed for anyone. It's just sport and entertainment that has been placed on pause, everything else is exactly as it was.
TV has all went tits up, sports and events have been cancelled, that's a lot of entertainment wiped. That is massive for a lot of people.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
They've just announced all Cricket will continue. Including the test match tomorrow :)

Flexdegea

You keep on moving the goal posts. One second it’s because people are out of pocket, the next it’s because you want your kids to run around a field.

Step back for a second, understand you’re witnessing a key moment in history and just let it play out how it will.

I don’t truly don’t understand why one weekend off seems to be shaking you to the core?

It you moving the goal posts.

Yes my son will miss football, all his wee mates as the game is cancelled. You seem to think it's ok, but can't offer a reason why it should be cancelled, but it's all ok because of your pathetic need for servitude. :lol:

Stop being dramatic with the seems to be shaking to my core, we only talking on a message board.

RedDevilRoshi

I’m still fuming. What an idiotic decision.
Pubs, high street shops, cinemas, restaurants, etc all carry on as normal but football has to stop. I really dont understand why. If it was the day of the funeral, fair enough but a week before is just mind boggling.

Real Name

It you moving the goal posts.

Yes my son will miss football, all his wee mates as the game is cancelled. You seem to think it's ok, but can't offer a reason why it should be cancelled, but it's all ok because of your pathetic need for servitude. :lol:

Stop being dramatic with the seems to be shaking to my core, we only talking on a message board.
Key moment in history is the best part.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Pubs, high street shops, cinemas, restaurants, etc all carry on as normal but football has to stop. I really dont understand why. If it was the day of the funeral, fair enough but a week before is just mind boggling.
I was annoyed grassroots in Wales was cancelled, the more I think about it, it all gets more batshit crazy.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Feels like they jumped the gun a bit. Most other sport is continuing, but no chance they change the decision now.

GBBQ

Minute of silence is for example fo Sir Bobby Robson, big football and sports legend. Queen Elizabeth was reigning monarch fo 70 years, longest-reigning Monarch in British history so it's not a small thing, as much as I personally am not monarchy fan or anything but it's understandable.
Is it though? In a season where they have to contend with a winter World Cup, cancelling a weekend of PL fixtures is going to put players under even more physical pressure when it comes to fitting those games in later.

Playing a game of football (especially where arm bands and minutes silences are observed) isn’t disrespectful, if anything it will spread the message wider to anyone tuning in to watch.

Castia

Cancelled this week, possibly next week then its the international break…fecking hell.

Next game possible against City at the start of October ffs.

Smores

Without a doubt they'll have been pressured by the minister to postpone the games.