Is football cancelled for the next week? | Man United-Leeds & Chelsea-Liverpool postponed

caid

They'll probably act surprised when they try to hold a minutes silence in a months time and no one gives a feck.
If they did it in the first weekend people would respect it. After a month of feckery and disruption people will remember why they hate they monarchy.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Quite a few Liverpool fans buzzing that there games called off. Think Chelsea would of destroyed them because of the new manager bounce. They also think it gives them more time to sort out there form on the training pitch.

santeria13

Sublemon
At least there is some entertainment in people doing all kinds of mental gymnastics trying to justify all the moronic decisions being taken by the authorities.
People take comfort in believing those in power are smart individuals with our best interests at heart. It's the ultimate sense of delusion.

santeria13

Sublemon
Might as well just cancel the whole season to mourn tbh. Anyone who doesn't agree, you should be ashamed. Show some respect!

lol

sepulturite

Unexpectedly?! I’m sorry, but if a 96 year old circling the drain is unexpected then quite frankly I don’t have much hope for the human race.

The FA can get to feck. Incompetent cnuts - the more I see them bending over brown nosing the royal family the more I feel the Super League was a good idea. The authorities in this country are a fecking joke.
Tell us how you really feel :lol:

phelans shorts

Ah so you knew only the Chelsea and United matches would be cancelled and yet all the others go ahead and all the matches last weekend would be cancelled and that only the Arsenal match would be cancelled of the European matches

Question is do you have crystal balls?
I didn’t know Arsenal would, nor Chelsea vs Liverpool (because I didn’t know it was happening, I have a real life why would I know who they’re playing a week in advance?). You can check what I said in here even, several days back ‘us and other high risk games will be off, most will be fine’ because it was obvious to anyone who actually gave it a seconds thought, although maybe not to batshit conspiracy theorists.

Cpt Negative

Makes sense for United and Leeds to be called off. Guaranteed to be trouble, I’d imagine up their with Liverpool level of policing.

They should have moved the palace away to palace at home and honoured the tickets sold as Leeds - that way people who have travel etc are looked after.

no way we could play palace away though. Any away game for us attracts big policing I bet

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
What a clownfest of a country. Government avoids responsibility, the Premier League are a bunch of out-of-touch morons and we get no PL football for three weeks in supposedly the busiest football season ever.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Bit weird but from a footballing point of view it’s not the worst thing.

Hantori12

Tomorrow's Nintendo Direct won't be livestreamed by Nintendo UK out of respect for the late Queen Elizabeth II.

This country is a mess. Get me out.

Hulme91

What a clownfest of a country. Government avoids responsibility, the Premier League are a bunch of out-of-touch morons and we get no PL football for three weeks in supposedly the busiest football season ever.
The PL is a private corp with its own leadership structure and was free to make any decision it wanted in regards to play, why should the Government hold its hand?
As has been said, every other sporting body in England carried on

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
I didn’t know Arsenal would, nor Chelsea vs Liverpool (because I didn’t know it was happening, I have a real life why would I know who they’re playing a week in advance?). You can check what I said in here even, several days back ‘us and other high risk games will be off, most will be fine’ because it was obvious to anyone who actually gave it a seconds thought, although maybe not to batshit conspiracy theorists.
:lol: has your left leg got lodged behind your right arm yet?

Lecland07

I think some people in this thread need to take a step back and read this thread. If you look at it properly, I think you will realise it is time to come off the forum and do something else.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Makes sense for United and Leeds to be called off. Guaranteed to be trouble, I’d imagine up their with Liverpool level of policing.

They should have moved the palace away to palace at home and honoured the tickets sold as Leeds - that way people who have travel etc are looked after.

no way we could play palace away though. Any away game for us attracts big policing I bet
I get it needs more police than most of our games but still don't see why we should be the ones that have to flex/miss out when Arsenal (in London) get to hold their match at almost exactly the time ours would have been.

Seems like a shite decision to me.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
If only there were alternatives to the police for one of the most high profile, high security events ever held in London and numbers are needed or maybe they've ditched the armed forces altogether now.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
So no prem game until October for us, and it’s against city. Great! Only game we have now then is against sheriff. Like a training match that.

Chief123

Every premier league game is on TV somewhere.
Every game in every competition nowadays. I’ve never not found a match.

I don’t know anyone anymore who sits their scratching their head wondering how the match is going because it’s not on “TV”.