g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Is there anyone left who wants to defend lvg now?

Dante

Average bang
isn't he part of it?
In the same way half our squad was a part of a title winning team in 2013.

The difference between assistant and manager is huge in terms of decision making. I trust Giggsy a lot more. The squad, as it is, is ill suited to LvG's style.

Van Gaal's ideas could still work with a different squad, but this one contains Fergie's DNA. Giggs would maintain the aspects that LvG has successfully implemented, but change the side's philosophy to one which is less constrained. Both he and the squad are still in the mould of SAF's image. They'd be able to average more than 1 point per game, I'm sure of it.

togg

The difference between assistant and manager is huge in terms of decision making. I trust Giggsy a lot more. The squad, as it is, is ill suited to LvG's style.

His ideas would work with a different squad, but this one still contains Fergie's DNA. Giggs could maintain the aspects that LvG has successfully implemented, but change the side's philosophy to one which is less constrained. Both he and the squad are still going to be moulded in SAF's image. They'd be able to average more than 1 point per game, I'm sure of it.
But how many of the squad are part of Fergie's DNA? Most of them have gone haven't they?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
No because ever sinse the fan backlash possesion football has taken a break.

I would rather lose under possession football than not play anything and have performances like this.
Just face it, LvG is shite at possession football, and now shite at whatever that was today.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We can't string two meaningful passes together. It's absolutely nuts that a guy who has won 19 trophies and is one of the most successful managers of his generation has us playing like such trash.

Summit

United's worst ever points tally after 23 games in Premier League history. 3 less than under David Moyes. Just let that sink in for a second, @Santiago_KinderBueno

birdy2121

United's worst ever points tally after 23 games in Premier League history. 3 less than under David Moyes. Just let that sink in for a second, @Santiago_KinderBueno
I have and its depressing Moyes did not waste anywhere near the funds LVG has.

Arrogant, stubborn and knowing he gets rich whatever way mean LVG has to go. If i was looking for the next Utd boss I would be looking to find a great leader with human intelligance and has done well whereever they have been. A few managers fit this profile.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders

Van Gaal's ideas could still work with a different squad, but this one contains Fergie's DNA.
It contains Fergie's leftovers, and most of them were already past it. Martial is probably the only player who would attract any attention from a club trying for top 4. Fergie has left the squad in a very bad state in terms of quality and age, I wouldn't call that DNA. Van Gaal has only managed one top class signing while he needed at least six.

Summit

I have and its depressing Moyes did not waste anywhere near the funds LVG has.

Arrogant, stubborn and knowing he gets rich whatever way mean LVG has to go. If i was looking for the next Utd boss I would be looking to find a great leader with human intelligance and has done well whereever they have been. A few managers fit this profile.
He's a tosser that has thrown his weight around from the get-go, alienated players, fecked up our squad beyond belief and we are now paying the fecking price. Tbh even if he didn't get rid the likes of Hernadez, Nani and RvP, it wouldn't matter cause he'd still have made no difference in the way we play.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
No because ever sinse the fan backlash possesion football has taken a break.

I would rather lose under possession football than not play anything and have performances like this.
Are you saying LVG has given up on his own philosophy because of the fans? Why did he decide to do that after a win against Liverpool

Spoony

The People's President
It contains Fergie's leftovers, and most of them were already past it. Martial is probably the only player who would attract any attention from a club trying for top 4. Fergie has left the squad in a very bad state in terms of quality and age, I wouldn't call that DNA. Van Gaal has only managed one top class signing while he needed at least six.

Everyone's fault but El Vee Gee's.

bleedred

To win against the likes of Norwich, Sheffield and Middlesbrough???

Petr1

He has to realize that changes needs to be done for him to keep his job. There is something fundamentally wrong here and that is his responsibility. He is so attached to his philosophy and apparently he needs £50M players in each positions with such extreme qualities that the tactics doesnt matter. And with most of the board consisting of economics we are spending cash like drunken sailors :houllier:

amolbhatia50k

There's no way you can absolve LVG of blame. He's bought enough players to make it work. Look at Liverpool ffs. They actually play very good attacking football and people here laugh at their personnel.

DocRockter

It's hard to take anyone seriously who doesn't think van Gaal isn't right for the job.. His resume proves that, no question about that.

What we need is proven players, over 24 years and hopefully as much experience from Europe as possible. We have so many players for the future and trusting them to make a big difference now is not realistic.

MoskvaRed

It's hard to take anyone seriously who doesn't think van Gaal isn't right for the job.. His resume proves that, no question about that.

What we need is proven players, over 24 years and hopefully as much experience from Europe as possible. We have so many players for the future and trusting them to make a big difference now is not realistic.
His resume shows his finest achievement was 21 years ago and that he is capable of spectacular crash and burns. And we don't have a squad of kids, Martial and Depay aside (both his picks and for big money).

spwd

6 wins in 21 games. FML
Laying the foundations for the future apparently :houllier:

It's hard to take anyone seriously who says he's still right for the job, I'm positive half the people sticking up for him are wums :nono:

DocRockter

His resume shows his finest achievement was 21 years ago and that he is capable of spectacular crash and burns. And we don't have a squad of kids, Martial and Depay aside (both his picks and for big money).

Blind is unproven, Darmian is unproven, Morgan is unproven, Lingard, CBJ just kids.. Our next 2-3 signings should be players everybody knows by name..

MoskvaRed

Blind is unproven, Darmian is unproven, Morgan is unproven, Lingard, CBJ just kids.. Our next 2-3 signings should be players everybody knows by name..
We don't have a DoF but we do have lots of money. So, if the reason for our predicament lies with a lack of proven players, then it's down to Van Gaal. Also, we are talking about keeping pace with Leicester and Spurs and beating PSV, not winning the Champions Laegue. A competent United manager should be able to do that without a string of A list player signings.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Bullshit. Di Maria, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Falcao, Shaw. All players that would have interested other top 4 teams. Perhaps even the likes of Herrera, Darmian etc who all also came with good reputations. Van Gaal has just drained every single player of what earnt them a move in the first place.

decorativeed

There's no way you can absolve LVG of blame. He's bought enough players to make it work. Look at Liverpool ffs. They actually play very good attacking football and people here laugh at their personnel.
That's incredibly unfair. How could he possibly have known that offloading three out of four strikers as well as our most productive winger for peanuts could have led to a reduction in the number of goals we score and chances we create?

"In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic." Homer J Simpson, c1995

DocRockter

We don't have a DoF but we do have lots of money. So, if the reason for our predicament lies with a lack of proven players, then it's down to Van Gaal. Also, we are talking about keeping pace with Leicester and Spurs and beating PSV, not winning the Champions Laegue. A competent United manager should be able to do that without a string of A list player signings.

THE only objective should be winning everything. Each and every year.. Maybe LVG under-estimated the level of the Premier League by starting the season with so many unproven players, maybe that's part of it. Not going through from the UCL group is largely connected to what happened in Rotterdam. The blame should once again be on players, not on the management.

amolbhatia50k

That's incredibly unfair. How could he possibly have known that offloading three out of four strikers as well as our most productive winger for peanuts could have led to a reduction in the number of goals we score and chances we create?

"In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic." Homer J Simpson, c1995
Not just that. Even with the players we do have, we should be playing a lot better (got the sacrasm).

It's like SAF's last few years where things that would have bothered him before didn't bother him anymore (such as quality of football). The difference is that our football is now infinitely worse, and SAF could inspire his team to win matches regardless of how well we played.

decorativeed

Not just that. Even with the players we do have, we should be playing a lot better (got the sacrasm).

It's like SAF's last few years where things that would have bothered him before didn't bother him anymore (such as quality of football). The difference is that our football is now infinitely worse, and SAF could inspire his team to win matches regardless of how well we played.
Come on now! Next thing you'll be telling me that LVG should have forseen the fact that shipping out every fan favourite player with pace and/or team spirit was a mistake!

amolbhatia50k

Come on now! Next thing you'll be telling me that LVG should have forseen the fact that shipping out every fan favourite player with pace and/or team spirit was a mistake!
I'd never go that far, mate. That's ludicrous. He's only human.

MoskvaRed

THE only objective should be winning everything. Each and every year.. Maybe LVG under-estimated the level of the Premier League by starting the season with so many unproven players, maybe that's part of it. Not going through from the UCL group is largely connected to what happened in Rotterdam. The blame should once again be on players, not on the management.
The UCL group was down to cowardly performances in Moscow and at home to PSV. And it's Van Gaal's job to prepare and motivate his players, something he appears utterly incapable of doing. He's past it, pure and simple, like Capello and Trapatoni. The only reason he still has a job is due to internal politics at United, principally Woodward trying to cover his arse.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It wasn't the players when Fergie was here, when Moyes was here, or now with LvG. Players perform based on the conditions, tactics, and ethos under which they are coached - and LvG has failed miserably in this regard. And that's not even factoring in his atrocious transfer record.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Not claiming we had the best team in the world when Fergie left, but he still managed to walk the league with his "leftovers". Moyes was a dud, but he spent nowhere as much as Van Gaal has, and at least he wasn't an arrogant twat. The only good thing that has happened is Martial, other than that it has been train wreck

People laughed at us when we had 88 (?) crosses against Fulham, but what about 3 shots in 3 games? It's fecking pathetic

Fitchett

The UCL group was down to cowardly performances in Moscow and at home to PSV. And it's Van Gaal's job to prepare and motivate his players, something he appears utterly incapable of doing. He's past it, pure and simple, like Capello and Trapatoni. The only reason he still has a job is due to internal politics at United, principally Woodward trying to cover his arse.
This

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Bullshit. Di Maria, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Falcao, Shaw. All players that would have interested other top 4 teams.
They were all signed by Van Gaal, and they couldn't play. So what's your point?

Perhaps even the likes of Herrera, Darmian etc who all also came with good reputations. Van Gaal has just drained every single player of what earnt them a move in the first place.
Yeah, right. I like Herrera and Darmian also, but Herrera has just been shit since coming back from injury. Of course confidence and form is important, but if I'm high on form and confidence I look like a decent player too. Class is about a minimum level, technical skills that are solid and reliable, even when form and confidence are on a low point. With injuries there are just too few players who can relie on technique, and without technique you can't move the ball around quick enough to play modern football. Rooney's technique for example, wasn't reliable under SAF either, when he wasn't in form his first touch left him.

Besides form and confidence, I didn't see many players today who would make it into the starting line-up of City, Arsenal or Chelsea.