Isco

LargePea

Magical player. His awareness of space and close control is pretty special

Yagami

Good post resistant
I was hoping Madrid would continue to undervalue his importance and he'd get fed up and leave. Sadly, it won't be happening!

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Imagine, this guy was close to City for a slight while...:nervous: Before Madrid took him under their wings.

And imagine that Emery never gave him a chance at Valencia!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They'd do so well selling Bale to us for an audacious fee and making Isco an unchallenged starter for the entire season, with Asensio as his rotational option.

Robbie Boy

The Lingard fans on here bang on about his amazing movement and workrate. No, look at Isco and that's impressive movement and workrate. That's what we should be aspiring to. Some of the players our fans think are good enough for us these days is bewildering.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Imagine, this guy was close to City for a slight while...:nervous: Before Madrid took him under their wings.

And imagine that Emery never gave him a chance at Valencia!
That worked out for me! Because of this, he joined Malaga and was apart of one of my favourite teams in recent memory. I remember being gutted that Pellegrini joined City not long after because I really liked him, too.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
That worked out for me! Because of this, he joined Malaga and was apart of one of my favourite teams in recent memory. I remember being gutted that Pellegrini joined City not long after because I really liked him, too.
He was indeed magical in Malaga; and it was a joy to see him go to the next level there - especially during the euro-Malaga period. :)

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Best player on the pitch. Has seen sensational this calendar year.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He was indeed magical in Malaga, especially during the euro-Malaga period. :)
I'm still quite sore about the Dortmund-Malaga game, to be honest. Malaga should've advanced! :D

I think towards the end of the 12/13 season Pellegrini made a big mistake in reverting to a 4-4-2 with Saviola and the returning Baptista up top. It just ruined the flow of the team. 4-2-3-1 was working such a treat with Camacho and Iturrbe/Toulalan as the 2 CMs, Saviola up top, and a three of Portillo, Isco and Joaquin behind. God, that was such a lovely team to watch thinking back.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm still quite sore about the Dortmund-Malaga game, to be honest. Malaga should've advanced! :D

I think towards the end of the 12/13 season Pellegrini made a big mistake in reverting to a 4-4-2 with Saviola and the returning Baptista up top. It just ruined the flow of the team. 4-2-3-1 was working such a treat with Camacho and Iturrbe/Toulalan as the 2 CMs, Saviola up top, and a three of Portillo, Isco and Joaquin behind. God, that was such a lovely team to watch thinking back.
Yeah Malaga 12/13 was a cool team to watch indeed.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He should always play for them. Just sensational. To think he's not a permanent fixture in their starting eleven tells you all you need to know about their quality.

Marco Asensio as well...

izec

Asensio is a top player too to be honest. They also have Ceballos. Real doing clever business

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I believe you are a fan of Dortmund's, right? Those last few mins in the second leg must've been torture! :D
I already gave the match up when Malaga scored their 2nd goal. It was around 80minutes played and never did I expect Dortmund to score 2 goals. What happened in extra time is still one of the most surreal moments I've experienced with football. :D

James Peril

He should always play for them. Just sensational. To think he's not a permanent fixture in their starting eleven tells you all you need to know about their quality.

Marco Asensio as well...
He very much is a starter though, there is no doubt anymore. He is ahead of Bale and he is one of the best players in the world to keep control over the ball. Extreme level of passing, especially short game... extreme level of touch in every situation. He is a Real Madrid-player and one of their very best.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I already gave the match up when Malaga scored their 2nd goal. It was around 80minutes played and never did I expect Dortmund to score 2 goals. What happened in extra time is still one of the most surreal moments I've experienced with football. :D
Even though I was a fan of that Malaga team and was rooting for them, I can look back on that and appreciate just how crazy it was. If it had happened to United, though... :nervous:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Only Messi and Iniesta's close control are better than his. So pleasing to the eye.
Completely agree, which is why I was bamboozled as to why Barca didn't try everything they could for him. Having him and keeping Thiago would've been exceptional replacements for Xavi and Iniesta. Even Ceballos could've been an adequate replacement for Iniesta with his amazing ball control.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Even though I was a fan of that Malaga team and was rooting for them, I can look back on that and appreciate just how crazy it was. If it had happened to United, though... :nervous:
I was terrified everytime Isco got the ball. They were good matches tbh, plenty of chances for both sides and the quality of football was good to see, real technical and free flowing.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Completely agree, which is why I was bamboozled as to why Barca didn't try everything they could for him. Having him and keeping Thiago would've been exceptional replacements for Xavi and Iniesta. Even Ceballos could've been an adequate replacement for Iniesta with his amazing ball control.
Yep, he's a fantastic player for us, but I really believe he would've been even better for Barcelona of a few years ago. Would have fitted them like a glove.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yep, he's a fantastic player for us, but I really believe he would've been even better for Barcelona of a few years ago. Would have fitted them like a glove.
Would've improved him more, too. We still haven't got rid of his bad habits ffs

Magical player to watch though, one of the most entertaining in the world

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
I can only imagine. :/ But it was a great game, with Joaquin and Isco really at their best.

QUOTE="Yagami, post: 21304014, member: 72805"]I think towards the end of the 12/13 season Pellegrini made a big mistake in reverting to a 4-4-2 with Saviola and the returning Baptista up top. It just ruined the flow of the team. 4-2-3-1 was working such a treat with Camacho and Iturrbe/Toulalan as the 2 CMs, Saviola up top, and a three of Portillo, Isco and Joaquin behind. God, that was such a lovely team to watch thinking back.[/QUOTE]

Almost forgot that you guys had quite a team back then. Oldies but goldies:lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
I can only imagine. :/ But it was a great game, with Joaquin and Isco really at their best.

Almost forgot that you guys had quite a team back then. Oldies but goldies:lol:
I wouldn't say they were my team. The only team for me is United, but, alongside Pochettino's Southampton that year (12/13), they were one of my favourite teams to watch and I did catch about 99% of their games that year. You're right, though - it was a great game. Two fantastic sides.

Yes, there were many old faces in the team! Seeing Saviola and Joaquin still at it was nice. Portillo was my favourite player and seeing how his career's gone is sad. He was by no means the best they had, but I just took a liking to him. I also loved Toulalan, Joaquin, Isco, Piazon and the Demichelis & Welington CB partnership. I think Duda is the only player still there now and he was getting on a bit back then!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Duda retired at the end of last season

also, Malaga's owner is the cousin of PSG's owner

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
I wouldn't say they were my team. The only team for me is United, but, alongside Pochettino's Southampton that year (12/13), they were one of my favourite teams to watch and I did catch about 99% of their games that year. You're right, though - it was a great game. Two fantastic sides.

Yes, there were many old faces in the team! Seeing Saviola and Joaquin still at it was nice. Portillo was my favourite player and seeing how his career's gone is sad. He was by no means the best they had, but I just took a liking to him. I also loved Toulalan, Joaquin, Isco, Piazon and the Demichelis & Welington CB partnership. I think Duda is the only player still there now and he was getting on a bit back then!
Oh, ok, I got you. :) Yeah, Malaga also had one of my personal favourites around that period (I believe) in Enzo Maresca. Although, I am not sure that he was good back then for Malaga, but he sure was great in Sevilla:angel:

But everytime I think of that Malaga team, I think of Demichelis, Jouaquin and especially Isco.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The Lingard fans on here bang on about his amazing movement and workrate. No, look at Isco and that's impressive movement and workrate. That's what we should be aspiring to. Some of the players our fans think are good enough for us these days is bewildering.
That is savage, putting Lingard and Isco in the same post.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Oh, ok, I got you. :) Yeah, Malaga also had one of my personal favourites around that period (I believe) in Enzo Maresca. Although, I am not sure that he was good back then for Malaga, but he sure was great in Sevilla:angel:

But everytime I think of that Malaga team, I think of Demichelis, Jouaquin and especially Isco.
I've rarely wanted us to sign a player as much as i wanted us to sign Isco from malaga :drool:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Duda retired at the end of last season

also, Malaga's owner is the cousin of PSG's owner
Ah, I didn't realise he had.

By the time I started properly watching Malaga Maresca had already left so I wouldn't know either. If I remember correctly, I did think he was still there and I wanted to see him play but was constantly being left out of the squad. Turns out he'd already left!

Can't argue with those three being the first players that come to mind. I always think of their stadium, too. I took a real liking to it.
I've rarely wanted us to sign a player as much as i wanted us to sign Isco from malaga :drool:
As disappointed as I was that we seemingly weren't in for him, I was just relieved he didn't join City. I honestly thought the Pellegrini factor was going to sway him.

Robbie Boy

That is savage, putting Lingard and Isco in the same post.
:lol:

True, true. I suppose the point was that some on here say Lingard has 'world class' movement and such other bollox, when the truth is if you look at a player like Isco, he has world class movement, workrate and combines all of that with actual output.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
:lol:

True, true. I suppose the point was that some on here say Lingard has 'world class' movement and such other bollox, when the truth is if you look at a player like Isco, he has world class movement, workrate and combines all of that with actual output.
Add much better technique, better decision making, basically everything. This is my main gripe with the type of footballer Mourinho, being hardworking is the easiest thing in football, they should all do it. However having natural talent and skills is not as common, Mourinho prefers certain type of players and it makes some of his selections absurd and it makes the players he doesn't select look bad.

Robbie Boy

Add much better technique, better decision making, basically everything. This is my main gripe with the type of footballer Mourinho, being hardworking is the easiest thing in football, they should all do it. However having natural talent and skills is not as common, Mourinho prefers certain type of players and it makes some of his selections absurd and it makes the players he doesn't select look bad.
Yeah I agree 100%. It was frustrating as feck last night watching the Madrid players play some lovely football when we go with cloggers in the team like Lingard. It's getting beyond infuriating at times.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Understandble.:) Both Madrid and Barca should have slammed their heads to a wall if Isco went to City that summer. Maybe some cules are still frustrated over the fact that Barca did not even attempt to sign Isco. As you guys mentioned, he would have fit them like a glove and he prefered to be a cule before Real Madrid eventually signed him.

@Yagami Ok! Then it is a shame for him (Maresca), he missed the glorious period in Malaga. That timing of his :houllier::/

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Superb player, ridiculous that he's not a guaranteed starter but that's the quality that Real have. There's also Asensio and now Ceballos who are both extremely talented players that can't/won't break the first XI. An embarrassment of riches if ever there was such a thing.

EDIT: Forgot Kovacic as well. Seriously Real's B midfield is better than most teams first...

Last edited: